Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Commanders Announce Game Themes

Mrshadow008

56 minutes ago, max21 said:

So is this just a regular mascot? Like I don’t see why people are getting so hype on this. Or is this potentially like a new logo? Kinda confused tbh

It's for a sideline mascot. Or a secondary mascot/logo like the Browns have "Brownie".

If they are smart they will use a hog mascot and put the secondary logo on merch. I'd buy a million hats with a hog logo before I'd buy anything that says commanders.

• Like 2

I'm hoping they go with the Hogs theme.

They can give out pink pig balloons at the games.

And it'll look like a pink floyd concert.

The theme song could even be a dedication to Snyder 

Pigs by Pink Floyd (what apt lyrics)

Big man, pig man Ha ha, charade you are Woo! You! Well heeled big wheel Ha ha, charade you are And when your hand is on your heart You're nearly a good laugh Almost a joker With your head down in the pig bin Saying, "Keep on digging" Pig stain on your fat chin What do you hope to find? Down in the pig mine You're nearly a laugh You're nearly a laugh But you're really a cry

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

It's for a sideline mascot. Or a secondary mascot/logo like the Browns have "Brownie".

If they are smart they will use a hog mascot and put the secondary logo on merch. I'd buy a million hats with a hog logo before I'd buy anything that says commanders.

Couldn’t agree more, but if it’s just a regular sideline mascot won’t be used on any kind of merchandise this is one big meh. If they actually pick a hog as a mascot, and we didn’t name ourselves the hogs I mean just wtf. At this point I just don’t even understand, this rebrand has been worse than I actually could have imagined. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, max21 said:

Couldn’t agree more, but if it’s just a regular sideline mascot won’t be used on any kind of merchandise this is one big meh. If they actually pick a hog as a mascot, and we didn’t name ourselves the hogs I mean just wtf. At this point I just don’t even understand, this rebrand has been worse than I actually could have imagined. 

I think Commander Hog would tie in nicely. Works with the new name, ties to our history, and can be used as a secondary logo as well.

• Thumb up 1

Lol what dumb**** team would release their mascot on the last day of the season?

They cannot do anything right. I’m already banking them screwing up whatever Sean Taylor thing they have planned. Please just let the poor guy rest and let us have our memories. Stop dragging him through the mud, it’s getting ****ing weird at this point. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Lol what dumb**** team would release their mascot on the last day of the season?

They cannot do anything right. I’m already banking them screwing up whatever Sean Taylor thing they have planned. Please just let the poor guy rest and let us have our memories. Stop dragging him through the mud, it’s getting ****ing weird at this point. 

@Mrshadow008 posted a link to the Sean Taylor thing over in the front office thread, but it’s the memorial that they revealed on April 1st, Sean’s birthday, where fans can submit a memory or story or pictures of him, whatever they want, and the memorial will be placed onsite on 11/27. 

Sounds like a nice thing to do. Will they mess it up? History isn’t on our side on this. Do i hope it’s successful? 100%. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Mrshadow008 posted a link to the Sean Taylor thing over in the front office thread, but it’s the memorial that they revealed on April 1st, Sean’s birthday, where fans can submit a memory or story or pictures of him, whatever they want, and the memorial will be placed onsite on 11/27. 

Sounds like a nice thing to do. Will they mess it up? History isn’t on our side on this. Do i hope it’s successful? 100%. 

That was just the article announcing it back last November. https://commandlegacy.com

here is the website dedicated strictly to Sean

I can't think of a good reason for holding off the mascot until the the end of the year.

The only thing I can think they are doing is running a contest to pick the mascot, and then try to keep the winner under wraps until the game as an attempt to move tickets, but with social media even that idea is silly as it won't offer any kind of pull. 

If you wanted to establish new traditions, a mascot is the kind of thing you roll out at the start of the year.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Yeah I'd be very surprised if we don't get some type of Hog mascot

The fact that everyone seems to think we'll get anything Hogs-related surprises me, based on this front office's track record. Remember we were 90% convinced it was going to be Redwolves or Redhogs...and look what we got. The Hogs will remind some people of the Redskins name, which will of course trigger a small group of people who will be very loud on Twitter, etc.

I think Tanya is designing the mascot, and she probably wrote the lyrics to the new fight song as well. She used to be a cheerleader, and I can just picture her jumping up and down while trying to convince Dan that "we just need more TEAM SPIRIT!! GIMME A T! GIMME A E! GIMME A A! GIMME A M! WHAT'S THAT SPELL? GO TEAM!!"

Even making a big deal out of choosing a mascot, for a PRO team, is ludicrous, just as the whole blackout and whiteout concepts are...this ain't college!

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I can't think of a good reason for holding off the mascot until the the end of the year.

It's the same reason they time negative press releases for long weekends. There will be backlash, 100% guaranteed, when they release this mascot. If it's at the end of the season then they don't have to address it throughout the season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

So embarrassing.  Also enough with the attempts to link everything the old name had.  "Hail to the Commanders" and revamping the fight song is dumb and insulting.  That has been destroyed.   Not even sure why they kept the team colors.  Couldn't even get the uniforms right there anyway.  This is why I didn't want a new name.  Football Team was just fine.  The team I loved is gone.  All I have now are Redskins memories.  The "Commanders" are a clown show expansion team with the worst owner in sports history.  Good times!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I mentioned this awhile back, being a Sixers fan, one of the best things the Sixers did in my opinion was introduce the "dribbling Ben (Franklin)" logo. There are versions of him dunking a ball too. It adds to the look of the merchandise for sure. The "PHILA" logo is also cool. I would love to see a Hog Commander logo to go along with the W they use now. 

15 hours ago, formerly4skins said:

I recently saw some folks referring to the rally towels as "com rags" and liked that very much. 

Somebody clearly wasn’t thinking when they came up with that idea for promotional giveaways. You can’t make this stuff up!!!😂😂😂😂

16 hours ago, kwitt said:

So embarrassing.  Also enough with the attempts to link everything the old name had.  "Hail to the Commanders" and revamping the fight song is dumb and insulting.  That has been destroyed.   Not even sure why they kept the team colors.  Couldn't even get the uniforms right there anyway.  This is why I didn't want a new name.  Football Team was just fine.  The team I loved is gone.  All I have now are Redskins memories.  The "Commanders" are a clown show expansion team with the worst owner in sports history.  Good times!!

Could not have said it better. This team is just dead to me. 

7 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I bet if we aren’t in contention week 17 they delay the mascot reveal.

Yeah I can see that. No one is trying to put out a new mascot with a 3 and 13 record. 

But if it's a lock that we're in or we're fighting for wildcard, I can see people getting hyped. 

So I just got some info from someone with the team that they are thinking about doing a Star Wars/ commandalorian themed game with discounted tickets for anyone that commits to show up in gear etc so if anyone has any interest in that please let me know so I can let them know 

On 6/6/2022 at 1:35 PM, Warhead36 said:

We don't need a mascot. This ain't Harry High School.

Do they care if we want a mascot or not?  Is there a poll or contest I didn't know about?

100% it's gonna be cringe we have to put up with because it "honors the military".

Did we ever ever have one? Why now?

• Thanks 2

On 6/6/2022 at 8:04 PM, SkinsFTW said:

And it'll look like a pink floyd concert.

The theme song could even be a dedication to Snyder 

Pigs by Pink Floyd (what apt lyrics)

I was thinking maybe "Wish You Weren't Here."