Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

11 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Who cares about Matt Ryan. He is on a steady decline, zero arm strength now and paid way too much. Indy thinks he’s gonna be Phillip Rivers 2 but that ain’t happening. 

Im happy we have Wentz and Irsay might be a worse owner than Snyder. 

Nobody is worse than Snyder.

I’d be surprised if Ryan was worse than Rivers, Rivers had very little arm left by the time he got to Indy. I’d welcome it though. 

To answer your question, people care because the Wentz vs. Ryan narrative is all we’re going to hear about all season long, they’re linked in a similar way as RG3 and Luck were, ironically. When one is mentioned the other will immediately come to mind, for good or ill.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

From the reports it sounds like Wentz has looked better this week.

It's funny how different media personalities can have such different takes. Ric Snider was on the Junks this morning and he said he thought Wentz had spent most of camp trying push himself opting out of the easy throwd to get reps on the more challenging ones.

Regardless, glad to hear he's picked thing up this week, just get better each week.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I haven't been this excited for a preseason game in a very long time.

I'm really excited about Wentz and Howell, but our defense as well.

Same. This will probably be the first time in about 3 or 4 years I will watch every snap. Someone interesting at almost every position. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

What an idiot.

Oklahoma is a college, not a high school.

lol. Most pertinent to this subject is that Oklahoma is a state, a state in which Curl was a top HS WR!

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Tress Way is excited about the WR's? Punters have such funny job roles. For the sake of the team, what the punter is rooting for...is that he's never able to do his job because the offense is that good.

Well, most of them are holders too, so they can do part of their job when their team scores a touchdown. 

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Dotson is what we think he is, and does good things, I’m going to find Thor Nystrom’s address and mail him a Dotson fat head (assuming they still make them) and sign it “it was not a reach you ****ing arrogant self absorbed no nothing unqualified ass hat.”

As an aside, as I was searching for Thor Nystrom to figure out how to spell his name, I found a podcast called “sex and waffles” hosted by a Joy Nystrom.  I wonder if they are related?  I have not listed to the podcast.  I wish I had never heard of either Nystrom, frankly.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

On 8/10/2022 at 12:33 PM, CobraCommander said:

Can it be Saturday already. I need some live reps

Did everyone notice the time ?

1pm on a Saturday.

Even in the first preseason game, it already has a "Playoff Feel" to it ;)

Can't remember that happening in the past, for preseason. Maybe the next time we play a 1pm Saturday game will be in January.

That's playoff time, in case anyone forgot :)

I mean...we havn't done that often, right

• Like 2

On 8/9/2022 at 9:21 PM, The Rook said:

It's nice what Warren Sapp said, but the more I see Jonathan Allen interviews, the more I realize how lucky this team is to have him.  This is a man among boys and I think his future will be bright with, and beyond this team.

This is a player whose jersey would be respectful to wear.

Salute to you, Jonathan Allen.

:229:The Rook

One of the things Allen said, when they got his reaction to the Mills' firing, was basically how the unusual is usual, in the NFL.

Then went on and said how, among other things, he's seen some great players get released.

I bet he had Ioannidis on his mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The things we are hearing about Dotson are the same things we heard about Crowder as a rookie.

When Crowder came here, everyone then said he carried on less like a rookie and more like a five year veteran.

He just "got it" right away.

Seems the same with Dotson. He seems less like a rookie and more like a seasoned veteran, at least in preparation, that is.

He just gets it.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Did everyone notice the time ?

1pm on a Saturday.

Even in the first preseason game, it already has a "Playoff Feel" to it ;)

Can't remember that happening in the past, for preseason. Maybe the next time we play a 1pm Saturday game will be in January.

That's playoff time, in case anyone forgot :)

I mean...we havn't done that often, right

Yeah I tried to go back to the last time we had a 1 PM preseason game. I know it happens, but our team hasn’t had one in my time as a fan. We had a 4:30 game in 2012, 2013, and 2017, but none at 1 PM

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I hope he’s better and doesn’t have to play with 4,863,947 crappy QBs.

As far as being a very good receiver having to play with really crappy QBs, Terry has been on that track for a while.  

I mean Tana was pretty damn good. We just didnt get him until he was already a few years into the league. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I mean Tana was pretty damn good. We just didnt get him until he was already a few years into the league. 

He was.  And we saddled him with one bad QB after the next.  

But I don’t think he was ever a top 10-15 receiver in the league.  He would have been an absolute beast as a #2 with a good QB.