Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Mid season form for ole Heini, eh?

Wentz is going to be fun, a real life QB fastball.  Heinicke floats them.  Colt would float them.  Even Alex at times can float some passes and get dudes leveled, recall the NO game especially on that front.

Wentz's can put some real mustard on his throws.  Sad that there is no Richmond camp this summer for me to see that up close.

Kirk has a good arm but not a great one.  This is probably the strongest arm QB we've had in decades -- probably slightly stronger than RG3.   lol, maybe Jeff George would be the exception but he sucked. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

5.  Christian Holmes has been the most surprising player for him.  Started with the 4s, then 3s, now 2s.  Looks polished.

This is really good news.  Holmes has me intrigued because he's got an NFL ready body and strength level and he's really twitchy.  Feels like a guy who can thrive in a variety of coverage styles.

If he and St Juste can be good players this season, that would really help overhaul the secondary and improve the defense.  Should really help to get Chase and Montez back too.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Samuel on the side is concerning. Could be a rest day. But given that we've only really seen him on the side on a team with guys missing... doesn't feel good in the ol gut.

I heard Ron say there was some “tightness” with Curtis Samuel.  This guy can’t stay healthy.

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

I heard Ron say there was some “tightness” with Curtis Samuel.  This guy can’t stay healthy.

Just for clarity it was body tightness from all the work he's been doing, not groin.  RR also said it was just precautionary because he had been working so hard.

• Like 6

OTA Notebook | Carson Wentz strengthens chemistry with Jahan Dotson

That's a wrap on the Washington Commanders' Wednesday OTA.

Technically, there are still a few days left in Phase 3 of the offseason workout program, but the next time we'll see the team in person will be during mandatory minicamp.

Let's break down the top moments from the morning.

• Your weekly update on the connection between Jahan Dotson and Carson Wentz is here, and it's still coming along well. There were several occasions where Dotson was wide open. While working against Kendall Fuller, Dotson left the veteran cornerback trailing him as he made an easy catch in the middle of the field. Ron Rivera has appreciated the approach that Dotson has taken this offseason, and it's clear that his work is paying off.
  • Aside from the play against Dotson, Fuller had a solid day. He read Wentz's pass perfectly during two-minute drills and jumped the route for an interception before falling out of bounds. Fuller said the priority for the defense this offseason is to keep building on the chemistry they established late in the 2021 season. It's a sentiment that has been shared by other members of the secondary, with players saying that everyone is vocal and communicates better.
  • Jamin Davis received more first team reps today, which is a sign of how he has developed this offseason. Davis' ability to close the gap against ball carriers was listed as a strength when Washington drafted him, and there was a glimpse of that during team drills, as he was the first defender to meet Brian Robinson on a swing pass. Davis had to let up, but it would clearly have been a tackle if they were in pads.
  • The offense continues to be the star of the offseason. It's obvious that the group is operating more crisply than in the previous two seasons. After having a rougher period earlier in the morning, Wentz delivered several passes in a row, two of which were to Dotson.

https://www.commanders.com/news/washington-commanders-ota-notebook-carson-wentz-jahan-dotson

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Curtis had a fairly serious injury that essentially kept him out of action for over an year. It is natural for the body to need some time to recuperate here and there bEven though it’s OTA, it’s still rough out there and he hasn’t played much in the last 2 years. He’ll be fine. 

What I’m more concerned about is Gibson tweaking his hammy. Every year he has some kind of issue. To his credit he has played thru most of them but didn’t he lose weight this offseason and was supposed to be more lean?  Sure glad we have BRob and I could see us carrying 4 rbs on the roster with Jonathan Williams as the 4th guy based on Gibsons durability. 

• Like 1