Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

16 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I was considering PMing you to be honest. But that’s good to know, appreciate that.

Back to the draft, Eagles and a potential move for Carter. Might have to jump Seattle for that.

Pm ing me would be the right thing to do. People opining on mod actions in a topical thread has always been a rule violation. That stuff is for pm or the feedback forum. It's frustrating to have to tell people who have been here for years to read and follow the rules. That's for you, too

@seantaylor=godi

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Feels like (I could be wrong) we haven’t talked much about adding a guy for kick/punt returns….

In terms of trading back, I could see something like dropping just a handful of spots (trading with MIN or BAL), swapping 3rds (that comp pick is awfully late), and picking up a mid-round pick next year.  Value likely wouldn’t favor us, but I have the sense there won’t be a must-have at 16, and some of those teams behind us are probably loathe to give up picks… especially teams that are already short on picks.  Also wouldn’t be surprised if we do that kind of trade more than once.

Again, value might suck, but I’m betting we have a bunch of guys all grouped together, so getting even just a little something to move back would be enticing.

I did just a little bit. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I did just a little bit. 

I have him noted in my rankings are a not so great WR but a great return man (Derius Davis)

Another one is Jayden Reed from Michigan State who is actually a pretty good slot guy + a return guy.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

First round mock I put together run assuming there will be trades:

1. Carolina-Bryce Young

2. Indianapolis(from Houston)-Will Levis

3. Tennessee(from Arizona)-CJ Stroud

4. Houston-Tyree Wilson

5. Seattle-Will Anderson

6. Detroit-Jalen Carter

7. Las Vegas-Devon WItherspoon

8. Atlanta-Nolan Smith

9. Chicago-Peter Skoronski

10. Philadelphia-Christian Gonzalez

11. Arizona(from Tennessee)-Paris Johnson

12. Houston-Anthony Richardson

13. Green Bay-Jaxon Smith-Njigba

14. New England-Joey Porter jr.

15. NY Jets-Broderick Jones

16. Seattle(from Washington)-Hendon Hooker

17. Pittsburgh-Anton Harrison

18. Detroit-Dalton Kincaid

19. Tampa Bay-Myles Murphy

20. Buffalo(from Washington via Seattle)-Bijan Robinson

21. Minnesota(from LA Chargers)-Deonte Banks

22. Baltimore-Jalin Hyatt

23. LA Chargers(from Minnesota)-Jahmyr GIbbs

24. Kansas City(from Jacksonville)-Lukas Van Ness

25. NY Giants-Zay Flowers

26. Dallas-MIchael Mayer

27. Washington(from Buffalo)-Darnell Wright

28. Cincinnati-Brian Branch

29. New Orleans-Brian Breese

30. Philadelphia-Calijah Kancey

31. Jacksonville(from Kansas City)-Emmanuel Forbes

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I have him noted in my rankings are a not so great WR but a great return man (Derius Davis)

Another one is Jayden Reed from Michigan State who is actually a pretty good slot guy + a return guy.

I am really bad with the WRs in this class.  I watched about 12, that's it, including some late round types who return.  I've read about Jayden Reed but haven't watched him.

I know you are a big on Charlies Jones.   We both like Parker Washington.  I guess my big one among the mid rounders that I've watched is Marvin Mims. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I am really bad with the WRs in this class.  I watched about, including some late round types who return.  I've read about Jayden Reed but haven't watched him.

I know you are a big on Charlies Jones.   We both like PArker Washington.  I guess my big one among the mid rounder that I've watched is Marvin Mims. 

Mingo is another guy I like. But the top end receiver talent is down.

I think Charlie Jones will be a steal. I expect him to be a serious receiver in the League. I think he may be one of the best players in the draft, tbh. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

My guy...

Read it.

image.png.5662306263fddfefbea38b795d269a86.png

Per Dan Graziano.

KDawg.  I've seen tweets from Dov and I don't consider him legit.  I think Graz is.  That's what I am saying. If you consider Dov legit that's cool.  I don't.  

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Sweat might get a decent return. Like a 2nd. Don't see Young having much trade value to be honest.

Big mistake to let Sweat go.  I'd let Young go before Sweat.  Look at the stats.  Just me though. 

Just now, RWJ said:

KDawg.  I've seen tweets from Dov and I don't consider him legit.  I think Graz is.  That's what I am saying. If you consider Dov legit that's cool.  I don't.  

Am I still on Earth?

He's literally quoting Graziano. Your opinion of Dov makes literally zero difference.

I don't care who you like as a journalist. The point is, it's a statement Dov is making based off of Graziano's report. 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Mingo is another guy I like. But the top end receiver talent is down.

I think Charlie Jones will be a steal. I expect him to be a serious receiver in the League. I think he may be one of the best players in the draft, tbh. 

I watched Mingo, i like him too.  Ditto on your encouagement I did watch Charlie Jones and liked him as well.  

I think I tend to have a soft spot for players I stumble on by accident without prompting.  Mims just popped when I watched Anton Harrison and Gray, then finally I just watched him.  It's how I stumbled on Clayton Tune.  I was watching Nahaniel Dell, and couldn't keep my eyes off on how tough Tune was in the pocket and his mobility was really fun to watch.

Speaking of WRs and N. Dell.  The draft media loves that dude. He can also return kicks-punts.  Incredibly shifty.  But I've been fooled before by undersized WRs like that -- it usually doesn't translate to the NFL.   But its not hard to predict that whoever takes Dell -- will be worshipped by the draft media when that pick is explained by either network.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Big mistake to let Sweat go.  I'd let Young go before Sweat.  Look at the stats.  Just me though. 

Dont disagee. But we sometimes forget how young Chase is. He is 2.5 years younger than Sweat. Its the same difference as Daron Payne and Jahan Dotson.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Am I still on Earth?

He's literally quoting Graziano. Your opinion of Dov makes literally zero difference.

I don't care who you like as a journalist. The point is, it's a statement Dov is making based off of Graziano's report. 

Dude, this is going nowhere. Understood.  Let keep respect between you and I.  Cool down brother.  Peace man!  ✌️

Just now, pcbothwel said:

Dont disagee. But we sometimes forget how young Chase is. He is 2.5 years younger than Sweat. Its the same difference as Daron Payne and Jahan Dotson.

I understand. JMO.  We agree to disagree and that cool! :)