Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

This is a 1 man QB class

32 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Who had Mccarthy shredding the OSU defense in their pre game thoughts? Hell of a game from him so far. The guy has a couple more years to really shine. Future 1st rounder possibly if Harbaugh lets him actually play. 

Their secondary is really really bad. 

Edited by Zim489

13 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

This is a 1 man QB class

Their secondary is really really bad. 

I mean they were 11-0 with the number 8 ranked passing defense in the country. The surprise to me is how Michigan gashed them with the run in the 4th quarter. Hell of a game in the first 3 quarters. Then Michigan just dominated them.

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

This is a 1 man QB class

And sadly we're not going to get him unless we pay a RG3 type bounty, the sad price of being mediocre.  Although I'm not confident with our current offensive staff handling a #1 overall QB.....

Off topic here but this is the worst coached Alabama team since the Mike Shula days. Another 100 plus yards in penalties.  12 men in the hudle after a timeout. WTF Saban???

Yeah. Thats sick SIP. Dont think we are going corner though. Will be QB or LT for us most likely.

Just now, DazedSkinsfan said:

And sadly we're not going to get him unless we pay a RG3 type bounty, the sad price of being mediocre.  Although I'm not confident with our current offensive staff handling a #1 overall QB.....

Off topic here but this is the worst coached Alabama team since the Mike Shula days. Another 100 plus yards in penalties.  12 men in the hudle after a timeout. WTF Saban???

Dont even want to think what it would cost for us to move up. We are a fringe playoff team right now. We arent taking the top 3 QB's in this class. Just isnt happening. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dont even want to think what it would cost for us to move up. We are a fringe playoff team right now. We arent taking the top 3 QB's in this class. Just isnt happening. 

As much as I'd love to have Young on the roster next year,  it would not hurt my feelings one bit if we go heavy on the Oline in the draft. I'm not sure what free agency is looking like but honestly we could fix CB and or Oline if we worked this coming FA correctly.  That would free us up more in the draft

18 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Houston will have the first pick and they'll take a QB.  Doesn't matter what you offer. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. Thats sick SIP. Dont think we are going corner though. Will be QB or LT for us most likely.

And we’re going to be that until we get a QB. It’s going to take a drastic move at some point. A drastic trade up or a drastic roster deconstruction. Next years already looking like a waste.

• Thumb up 2

In the 2023 draft I want the Washington commanders to draft.

Round 1, New Owner

Round 2, New HC

Round 3. New QB

Rounds 4, 5, 6 and 7. Anybody to throw them Ridiculously Pathetic White Jersey's in the bin. The worst Jersey's ever to be made for our Redskins/Team/Commanders franchise.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

In the 2023 draft I want the Washington commanders to draft.

Round 1, New Owner

Round 2, New HC

Round 3. New QB

Rounds 4, 5, 6 and 7. Anybody to throw them Ridiculously Pathetic White Jersey's in the bin. The worst Jersey's ever to be made for our Redskins/Team/Commanders franchise.

AND lose those God-awful red yoga pants too.

:229:The Rook

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Best move is to wait until 2024. In order to do that, they’ll need to trade their 1st away this year for a 1st round pick next year. 2 1sts and a 1st the following year should get them the second guy between Williams and Maye

They should use this draft instead to fill the other gaps on the roster and build depth (OT, OG, C, LB & CB). 

This QB class has been touted for years as being the one to wait for. It’s not. I know I’ve been saying it for a few months and I’m a semi broken record but this QB class is not one to really make you go nuts.

There’s potential in it. Levis could be a player at some point, for instance. But it has one player that I think is a dude teams are going to want: Bryce Young. Everything else is “eh”.

RB seems fairly loaded. Haven’t watched receivers in detail yet but that seems like it’s not as good as past years but there’s some guys. 

Going to be interesting to see how this class plays out and how I evaluate it when I start watching these guys but overall I can’t say I’m all that impressed.

Looks like it might be a good D class though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

This QB class has been touted for years as being the one to wait for. It’s not. I know I’ve been saying it for a few months and I’m a semi broken record but this QB class is not one to really make you go nuts.

There’s potential in it. Levis could be a player at some point, for instance. But it has one player that I think is a dude teams are going to want: Bryce Young. Everything else is “eh”.

RB seems fairly loaded. Haven’t watched receivers in detail yet but that seems like it’s not as good as past years but there’s some guys. 

Going to be interesting to see how this class plays out and how I evaluate it when I start watching these guys but overall I can’t say I’m all that impressed.

The high end CB class looks really good.  Do we take one considering this FO's ability to select impact DBs with relatively later draft picks?

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

Agree.  QB class is overrated.  Next year looks better.  I am not in love with anyone aside from Bryce Young. 

RB class looks special.  Ditto edge, CB, maybe DT.  TE class looks good.  OT looks decent, not crazy good but good enough.  OG so so.  WR looks like a come down from recent years.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

the one to wait for.

It absolutely has not been. I have no idea where you have seen that. It’s talked as better than 2022 and it’s with out a doubt worlds better. People have known that the 24 class woild be better than the 23

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

It absolutely has not been. I have no idea where you have seen that. It’s talked as better than 2022 and it’s with out a doubt worlds better. People have known that the 24 class woild be better than the 23

People have been saying it for years. 

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

People have been saying it for years. 

I guess it depends on what "people" you're referring to. Definitely the consensus was this one was going to be better than last year's. Even a good class. But no one I listened to has been talking up the class for years or acting like it was anything historic. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 1