Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

despite him constantly talking about the need to be a multi-planet species for our own survival he never intends to go to any other planet?

That is what he has said in interviews. 

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/buzz/elon-musks-goal-isnt-to-go-to-space-himself-but-make-humanity-multiplanet-species-4269191.html

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

This sounds like he's going eventually, but this isn't about getting himself to Mars first.  He's not not going:

While Musk, doesn’t have immediate plans, and at the interview mentioned, “My goal is not to send myself up. My goal is to open up space to humanity … and become a multiplanet species," he did add, that “I’ll go up at some point."

22 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I guess it depends on how you interpret the phrases “wants too” and “not my goal”

Semantics, you said he didn't plan to go to Mars, and your article for evidence has a quote of him saying he will.  He's going.

Also from your same article, which is light if recent events may need to be treated like more of a red flag:

What does Musk’s self-sustaining civilization Mars look like? A November 2020 report found that SpaceX will not be recognising any international law on Mars and will instead follow a set of “self-governing principles" that will be laid down during the Martian settlement.

Like his plans for Twitter? Sounds like fun 😐

I know I just said this, but I feel like I need to say it again: if Twitter becomes a GOP stronghold, it will die. Maga morons need libs to trigger, they need the left to bounce their stupid rhetoric off their "snowflake brains". The right swarm to liberal sites and flood the comments, they need to argue. Liberals don't want to be around these people and they're less polite about it now. The exodus of the left from Twitter would kill it and they would just go to a new social media site and Maga would be stuck with it like they're stuck with Parlor/Truth Social/etc.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Agreed, this should not be up for negotiation.

10 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Yes, that should be a requirement.

I'm surprised.  I remember when the whole Obama-birther crap was going on, my thought was "who the **** cares?  Seems to love the country."  Plenty of immigrants I'd take over about 45% of the population that WAS born here.

6 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I'm surprised.  I remember when the whole Obama-birther crap was going on, my thought was "who the **** cares?  Seems to love the country."  Plenty of immigrants I'd take over about 45% of the population that WAS born here.

No doubt that you can find many, many immigrants that are better Americans than people born here.  Doesn’t mean they should be eligible for the Presidency, imo.  

4 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Not all immigrants think a like, not saying you are saying that.

I don't think we are ready to budge on that because of how many immigrants are coming from countries with very different perspectives on rights compared to how the US sees them.

Elon grew up during Apartheid South Africa then has the ordacity to try to correct us on what the 1st Amendment means regarding Free Speech?

It's one thing to grow up underappreciating these rights we are born with, it's another thing to have already accepted growing up without these rights being given to certain groups and then being in charge of protecting them for the rest of us.  He's used to a level of government endorsed discrimination we haven't seen here since the 60s.

In context, this rule is far more common in western hemisphere then eastern.  But we have enough problems in our country as it is to be giving the GOP the greenlight to stick their hand up the ass of successful immigrant stories in their efforts to take rights from the rest of us.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It feels like the president should have to be born here but after thinking about it I think if the country wants to vote for someone that isn’t born here I don’t see a good reason why they shouldn’t be president.

This deserves its own thread, and I'll add the Founding Fathers did talk about why they made that rule.  One of the biggest reasons was concerns of foreign influence, whole nother can of worms we have to think about changing this rule in context of what Russia did in 2016.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Not all immigrants think a like, not saying you are saying that.

I don't think we are ready to budge on that because of how many immigrants are coming from countries with very different perspectives on rights compared to how the US sees them.

Elon grew up during Apartheid South Africa then has the ordacity to try to correct us on what the 1st Amendment means regarding Free Speech?

It's one thing to grow up underappreciating these rights we are born with, it's another thing to have already accepted growing up without these rights being given to certain groups and then being in charge of protecting them for the rest of us.  He's used to a level of government endorsed discrimination we haven't seen here since the 60s.

In context, this rule is far more common in western hemisphere then eastern.  But we have enough problems in our country as it is to be giving the GOP the greenlight to stick their hand up the ass of successful immigrant stories in their efforts to take rights from the rest of us.  

That is all stuff to flush out during campaigns, etc.  I'm not saying we should make Elon president.  But let's say Obama was born in Kenya and moved to America within his first year.  Would that make him unfit to you?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

That is all stuff to flush out during campaigns, etc.  I'm not saying we should make Elon president.  But let's say Obama was born in Kenya and moved to America within his first year.  Would that make him unfit to you?

Yes.  And Hilliary would've been fine as President, honestly, likely better (not because of that, though)

In the interest of not having the patience for all the "when does it matter" technicalities and needing to cover all our bases while being fair on top of the new risks being introduced that will also have technicalities, I'm sticking with jus saying no for right now.

I won't be here I'm a 100 years, but my answer may change in a 100 years. Majority of the worldnis authoritarian or close to it right now, hopefully its better 100 years from now.

On 5/17/2022 at 11:32 PM, Cooked Crack said:

I still think Musk's decision to buy Twitter was a PR stunt. He wanted the glory of being a champion of "free speech" against the "woke" I don't think he intended to go through with it.  Personally, I hope he doesn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I still think Musk's decision to buy Twitter was a PR stunt. He wanted the glory of being a champion of "free speech" against the "woke" I don't think he intended to go through with it.  Personally, I hope he doesn't.

I’ve been saying this from the start…

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Your numbers are woefully inaccurate.  I believe you are counting hybrid cars in your numbers which are not electric vehicles.

I have to agree.  

While hybrids are being used when calculating towards lower or zero emissions; Toyota don’t have a pure electric vehicle on sale yet.

The developed one with Subaru; which goes on sale this fall.

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’ve been saying this from the start…

There is a $1 Billion penalty if he backs out. Plus Twitter can sue him for damages.

But Aspergers...or whatever.