Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Commanders Schedule Info, Leaks, Mocks

kleese

12 minutes ago, kleese said:

I don’t think anyone cares about that. It barely moves the needle for Washington fans so I can’t imagine it’s even something general fans would notice. It’s been five years and it’s not like KC is some sort of team legend returning for the first time. It’s possible the game could randomly wind up as a Thursday game or something— each of the last two times we played at Minnesota they were Thursday games—but I don’t think that game would be targeted as a primetime game for the sole reason of featuring Kirk’s “return.” 

Its kind of the way I feel about us playing the Eagles or Colts in that a night game against either would be more random than specifically targeted with the Wentz angle in mind. Seems like its almost every season we have a night game (or Thanksgiving) against a divisional opponent, and Wentz was in Indy for what, one unremarkable season?

11 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I want @Colts and @Philly the 1st 2 games. Let's Carson get his revenge road tour; out of the way. If Carson plays poorly in those 2 opening games; his career likely done here. He won't be mentally able to overcome that and plays poorly the rest of the way.

I don't know, I don't like to use the first month of the season as a gauge. We need to warm up first, get our legs right, then bring on Philly and Irsay!

5 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Its kind of the way I feel about us playing the Eagles or Colts in that a night game against either would be more random than specifically targeted with the Wentz angle in mind. Seems like its almost every season we have a night game (or Thanksgiving) against a divisional opponent, and Wentz was in Indy for what, one unremarkable season?

Agree, it’s not a needle-mover. There will be a little chatter about it the week of the game(s), but it’s not like Commanders at Colts is gonna be a Sunday Night game so they can hype the “return” of Wentz. I have our game w/ Colts as a mid-season Monday Night game, but just because it seems like a solid mid-tier option you’d sometimes see on Monday night that time of year. 

2 hours ago, UK Skins said:

Do we know if Amazon games are included on Gamepass or not please?

I am almost positive that answer is no— Prime games will be exclusive, but not 100% sure. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I want @Colts and @Philly the 1st 2 games. Let's Carson get his revenge road tour; out of the way. If Carson plays poorly in those 2 opening games; his career likely done here. He won't be mentally able to overcome that and plays poorly the rest of the way.

We play the Colts, Philly 2x and his former coach Doug Penderson is now the coach of Jax, who we also play. They are also the club that ended Wentz season last year.

Almost 1/4th of our games this season will be billed as revenge games for Wentz. We will be in them early and often.

While not revenge games, the 4x meetings vs NY and Dallas will be Wentz returning to face familiar foes.

Edited by FootballZombie

We won’t be getting an my marquee/primetime games because of US. I think the NFL views as a decent option for second-level primetime game against a big draw like Dallas. 

The A1 slots for NFL broadcasting are SNF and the lead DH game in the late window for CBS and FOX each week. Then, TNF and MNF will each get a mixture of a handful of marquee games, a few “we have to get this over with” games, and a pretty big chunk of so-so match-ups on paper that can go either way based on how season progresses. 

I believe our only chance to get an A1 slot this year (SNF or late DH window) will be against Dallas. MAYBE a small chance we could sneak in a game in one of those spots against the Eagles or Packers. I find that highly doubtful though. 

I do think we could get plucked for a number of those mid-tier slots though. And those games could be against a number of different opponents— I could see us on a Thursday or Monday night against almost anyone on our schedule other than the Jags, Texans, or Lions. 

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I don't know, I don't like to use the first month of the season as a gauge. We need to warm up first, get our legs right, then bring on Philly and Irsay!

I prefer getting those two road games out of the way. 2 out of the 3 games; that probably mean the most to Carson.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

IIRC Thursday Night Football tends to favor intra divisional games. Since we hosted the Giants last year I think playing at Philly on TNF is a safe bet(Dallas generally gets Thanksgiving and the week after).

I think a Wentz return to the Philly on Thursday Night Football, maybe even the first TNF game of the season, seems like a pretty juicy matchup.  

For Dallas, I wish they would get the Thursday Night game BEFORE thanksgiving instead of after it, and I think there should be a rule that it HAS to be on the road, because they are always slotted into a home Thanksgiving Day game. 

That would never happen though.  But it would be "fair" since they always have the Thanksgiving game at home.

FWIW, I think it should be identical for the Lions.

I do understand why they give those 2 teams back-to-back Thursday games, so they prevent them from having 2 short weeks in the season. 

Another thing I think they should experiment with is playing a Thursday game coming off of a bye week, so there is no short week.  It shortens the bye week,  but it eliminates the REALLY short turnaround, and then you get an extra couple days before the next game. 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think a Wentz return to the Philly on Thursday Night Football, maybe even the first TNF game of the season, seems like a pretty juicy matchup.  

For Dallas, I wish they would get the Thursday Night game BEFORE thanksgiving instead of after it, and I think there should be a rule that it HAS to be on the road, because they are always slotted into a home Thanksgiving Day game. 

That would never happen though.  But it would be "fair" since they always have the Thanksgiving game at home.

FWIW, I think it should be identical for the Lions.

I do understand why they give those 2 teams back-to-back Thursday games, so they prevent them from having 2 short weeks in the season. 

Another thing I think they should experiment with is playing a Thursday game coming off of a bye week, so there is no short week.  It shortens the bye week,  but it eliminates the REALLY short turnaround, and then you get an extra couple days before the next game. 

1) the first TNF of the season was announced during round 1 of the draft, its chiefs vs chargers, so wentz returning to Philly won’t be that game. 

2) agree that Dallas should have to BOTH play the TNF game the week before, instead of the week after, and play on the road. However i dont recall the lions having back to back Thursday games like the cowboys have gotten. Probably cause it’s the lions and nobody wants to see them on TNF 😂 

3) i like that idea of playing a TNF following a bye week. Not sure why the league hasn’t tried that yet. 

14 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I’d rather close at Dallas. It would be great if playoffs were on the line for that game. 

Is this even a rivalry anymore? Its bad enough that they've owned us for pretty much the past 25 years (a timeframe where neither team has even gotten to the NFCCG), but now we don't even have the Cowboys vs Indians angle.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Isn't the first Thursday Night game the season opener? That would mean the Rams are the host. 49ers @ Rams is a pretty safe bet. 

That’s not a “TNF” game though, meaning part of the TNF package. Thats part of the SNF package. 

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That’s not a “TNF” game though, meaning part of the TNF package. Thats part of the SNF package. 

Yep, and they insist on still calling it Sunday Night Football. It’s usually along the lines of “join us this Thursday for a special edition of Sunday Night Football.” 

Just now, kleese said:

Yep, and they insist on still calling it Sunday Night Football. It’s usually along the lines of “join us this Thursday for a special edition of Sunday Night Football.” 

Same with the TNF games on Saturday late in the season. Seems silly 

But in reality, a game on Thursday Night is actually the first Thursday night game of the season. They can call it whatever they want.

So does that mean that the 2 teams that play on that Thursday night also have to play another one because the league is pretending that it's Sunday Night?

9 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

But in reality, a game on Thursday Night is actually the first Thursday night game of the season. They can call it whatever they want.

So does that mean that the 2 teams that play on that Thursday night also have to play another one because the league is pretending that it's Sunday Night?

At least in the past 4 years, 5 out of the 8 teams that played in the Kickoff game (on Thursday night but labeled SNF) did have to play another Thursday night game

2018: eagles did, and falcons had the thanksgiving night game but that’s also part of the SNF package

2019: both the bears and packers had to (patriots were the defending SB champs but played on actual Sunday night) 

2020: chiefs didn’t have to, and the Texans played in Detroit on thanksgiving

(i dont count that since it isn’t part of the TNF package) 

2021: both the bucs and cowboys played another Thursday night game this past season 

And the part in bold—i get what you’re saying, however the NFL considers it the opening kickoff game which is part of the SNF package, which is why Amazon prime last week announced the first TNF (meaning first game of the TNF package this season) is chiefs/chargers.

Additional piece of info for those trying to guess next years schedule:

I heard on one of the Commander oriented podcasts... (don't ask me which one as they've all kind of merged into my 81 year old memory as a single thought-- kind of like a Vulcan mind meld on lsd) anyways I heard that Rivera officially requested to the league that our bye should come AFTER whatever week we have our longest road trip (presumably to the west coast).

10 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Additional piece of info for those trying to guess next years schedule:

I heard on one of the Commander oriented podcasts... (don't ask me which one as they've all kind of merged into my 81 year old memory as a single thought-- kind of like a Vulcan mind meld on lsd) anyways I heard that Rivera officially requested to the league that our bye should come AFTER whatever week we have our longest road trip (presumably to the west coast).

That would be nice. A bye week following our only west coast game in San Fran. 

we’ve had late bye weeks the past 2 seasons (maybe last 3 seasons?) so i could see our game @ 49ers being early in the season then. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Is this even a rivalry anymore? Its bad enough that they've owned us for pretty much the past 25 years (a timeframe where neither team has even gotten to the NFCCG), but now we don't even have the Cowboys vs Indians angle.

Doesn’t if the old rivalry is long dead.

Keeping the Boys out of the playoffs by beating them in Dallas would be great. Even if going into the game; we have a losing record.  Mike would fired ; probably during the post game.