Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Commanders Schedule Info, Leaks, Mocks

kleese

On 5/5/2022 at 4:36 PM, hail2skins said:

Is this even a rivalry anymore? Its bad enough that they've owned us for pretty much the past 25 years (a timeframe where neither team has even gotten to the NFCCG), but now we don't even have the Cowboys vs Indians angle.

It's so disgusting how badly they have owned us. Dak's 9 - 1 career record vs Washington is so incredibly disheartening 😡 Desperately hope that changes this season.

I think I'd like to open the season with a divisional game. Doesn't matter to me which one of the 3 teams. As long as we start 1 - 0, 1 - 0.

Every season I watch atleast one team jump out to a 4 - 0 record or 6 - 1 or something. I am always so friggin jealous because my team always starts the season with a garbage record. Like 0 - 5 or 1 - 3 or  2 - 6. It's infuriating. I see those other teams who have enough leeway to lose two or three games in a row and still be in good shape. Meanwhile my team is in such a tremendous hole, they have to win 5 straight games just to have a chance to make the postseason. I really hope and pray that this year is different. With the presumably easier schedule and the offensive firepower, maybe just maybe things will be different.

32 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Every season I watch atleast one team jump out to a 4 - 0 record or 6 - 1 or something. I am always so friggin jealous because my team always starts the season with a garbage record. Like 0 - 5 or 1 - 3 or  2 - 6. It's infuriating. I see those other teams who have enough leeway to lose two or three games in a row and still be in good shape. Meanwhile my team is in such a tremendous hole, they have to win 5 straight games just to have a chance to make the postseason. I really hope and pray that this year is different. With the presumably easier schedule and the offensive firepower, maybe just maybe things will be different.

Nope. You are a fan of Dan Snyder owned team and starting bad is usually the way.

Slow starting is our way. Also, Ron’s teams more often or not start slowly.

I think he’s only had 3 seasons where he’s had a good start- his only 3 winning seasons.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's nice to get a little respect.

CBS Sports recently released its new power rankings post-draft, and Washington jumped 12 spots from the last version to No. 13 — one place behind the Dallas Cowboys.

The addition of Carson Wentz will

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-power-rankings-broncos-ravens-chargers-among-big-risers-post-draft-rams-stay-no-1-new-team-in-cellar/

team logo
EAGLES
They've had a heck of an offseason and really had a nice draft weekend. That means this season is all about Jalen Hurts and his growth, especially after adding receiver A.J. Brown in a trade. + 1 9-8-0
team logo
COWBOYS
They have to stay healthy on the offensive line, which they didn't do last year. Drafting Tyler Smith in the first round will help that. The concern on defense is the pass rush, but this is a talent-laden team. - 4 12-5-0
team logo
COMMANDERS
The addition of Carson Wentz will improve the offense, but how much? The defense has to get back playing like many expected they would last season before a disappointing showing. That means Chase Young and gang. + 12 7-10-0
  • Like 2

As for the post above, Eagles hype from the national media is pretty intense.  But good to see some love for this team, too. 

Listening to a Dallas reporter on 106.7 just now who thinks the Cowboys win the division but purely because Dak is the best Qb in the division, he likes the Eagles 2nd best -- he likes the Commanders roster over Dallas' roster except he still thinks they are weak at QB but would have picked this team to win the division if they acquired Matt Ryan instead of Wentz.

Should be an interesting season, 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for the post above, Eagles hype from the national media is pretty intense.  But good to see some love for this team, too. 

Listening to a Dallas reporter on 106.7 just now who thinks the Cowboys win the division but purely because Dak is the best Qb in the division, he likes the Eagles 2nd best -- he likes the Commanders roster over Dallas' roster except he still thinks they are weak at QB but would have picked this team to win the division if they acquired Matt Ryan instead of Wentz.

Cowboys and Eagles are certainly the clear favorite, which is perfect since the division flips every year.

Eagles have had such a strong offseason. Their lines are intense. Adding Riddick, Davis and Dean to a defense that played well above itself last year is worrisome. Cox and Kelce last year there and Riddick returning home. That is a solid locker room with a ton of fight. They can pound the ball and get after the QB. It's all on Hurts.

Dallas is over due for a big drop off and they really didn't improve this offseason. They're old, too. It could go either way with them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Nope. You are a fan of Dan Snyder owned team and starting bad is usually the way.

Slow starting is our way. Also, Ron’s teams more often or not start slowly.

I think he’s only had 3 seasons where he’s had a good start- his only 3 winning seasons.

Dan is irrelevant to this point. Unless you’re insinuating it takes a while for Dan to coach em’ up?  

But it’s true Ron’s typically improve over the season.  

Except in a few of the years when they were good from start to finish.  

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dak is probably the best QB in the division, but I think Wentz is second? I’d personally take Wentz over Hurts and Jones.  And I don’t think that’s a homer take.  

It’s going to be interstate.  We’ll see.  “That’s why they play the games.”

12 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Dallas is over due for a big drop off and they really didn't improve this offseason. They're old, too. It could go either way with them.

I think historically, teams that have huge defensive turnover numbers almost always don't come close to repeating those numbers the following year. And that's what the Cowboys defense lived off of last year. The turnovers. Generally speaking, that isn't something that is sustainable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Vikings, Eagles, and Titans are playing in a MNF double header week 2 so take those off our week 2 potential opponents.

My mock is still fully alive! I didn’t have us playing any of the three teams involved that we face this year in week 2. However, I did have us playing the Eagles on MNF in week 3; so you can scratch that as they will not have the Eagles on back to back Mondays. 

13 hours ago, Franklin60 said:

I think historically, teams that have huge defensive turnover numbers almost always don't come close to repeating those numbers the following year. And that's what the Cowboys defense lived off of last year. The turnovers. Generally speaking, that isn't something that is sustainable.

This is a good point.  However, they are extremely well coached on defense, and do have playmakers.  The one thing which causes turnovers more than anything else is aggressive play up-front.  Turnovers come off of pressure, batted balls, aggressive play.  And then good luck.  

Who knows about the luck side of things, but if they continue to do the things that they did last year, they will be in position to get a good number of turnovers.  

So, go start making Turkey Sacrifices to the football Gods for bad luck.  (Who the hell was the poster who kept on talking about animal, specifically turkey, sacrifices during the Nat's WS run?  I can't believe I forgot who it was.  It was so classic and so funny, and probably led to the win in the end.  If anybody remembers, please jog my memory.  Another poster got frustrated and went "upstairs" to boff his wife and came back and the Nats had scored some runs.  We sent him upstairs again.  The Nats won.    So, clearly the recipe here is to sacrifice turkeys and screw your wife in frustration.  I think the wife makes out the best in both scenarios, the turkey the worst...) 

• Haha 1

I have no idea when they are going to be, but if you look at the opponents, the games which scream "National TV Audience" (maybe Prime Time or the "Game of the Week" in the late slot) are: 

- Away at the Eagles, "Wentz's return to Philly." I think this ends up on a Thursday Night game. I think this will be the second of the 2 Eagles games, later in the season.  

- Away at the Colts, "Wentz's revenge on Irsay" I think this ends up on a Sunday Night game early in the season.  

- Home against the Vikings "Kurt comes home, how do you like me know, I don't, get out." I think this ends up on a Monday Night game. 

- One of the Dallas games, because one of them always seems to end up on Prime Time somehow.   I think this ends up as a "Fox Game of the Week" 4:00 start.  

As an aside, I think Dan should burry the hatchet with Griffin, and invite him back and have a huge "Thank you for 2012" campaign before and during the Vikings game, just to completely  mess with Kurt's head. With absolutely no mention of the one game Kurt did start.  Show every highlight.  Just totally troll Kurt's sorry ass.  I mean, I think the fanbase has moved on from Griffin, but we all wax nostalgic about 2012.  I'm sure fans would eat it up.  Would it be petty?  Absolutely.  But I would still love it. 

(Also as an aside, when Romo was playing, I really wanted the 'Skins to invite both Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood to duet the National Anthem every time we played Dallas, since he dated both of them. And be the ceremonial captains for the coin toss.  If I'm not mistaken, neither relationship ended really well.  Just to tweak him a little bit.  I'm not sure why teams don't go out of there way to mock/troll other teams more often.  Jerrah did it with the benches.  I thought that was fabulous.  Just be creative and fun about it. It's entertainment after all.)

Almost assuredly 1:00 games:

- Both NYG games

- (home) Green Bay

- (home) Jags (I want this early in the season.)

- (Home) Titans

- (Home) Brows (I REALLY want this early in the season)

- (Home) Falcons (I want this late in the season)

- (Away) Bears (I want this early int he season)

- (Away) Lions

- (Away) Texans

- (Away) 49ers (I think this matchup has lost intrigue.  It used to have intrigue.  It no longer does.)

I'm not going to try and slot the order.  

I do think the NFL will think Dallas and the Eagles will be the best 2 teams in the NFC East, so I think they will try to manufacture an "NFC East Championship Game" with the two fo them playing the last game of the season, so I think we will finish with the Giants at home.  

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Voice_of_Reason the away game in San Francisco can’t be a 1:00 game. That means the game would start at 10 AM….no west coast team has played a HOME game at 10 AM. 

Likely 4:15 PM east coast time, 1:15 west coast time. 

Oh whatever.  It will be a "regular" game for the west coast. It won't be a "game of the week." You know what I meant. :P

Monday, Sept 12th: at Eagles 815p

Sunday, Sept 18th: vs Cowboys 4p

Sunday,  Sept. 25th: vs Falcons 1p

Sunday, Oct. 2nd: at Texans  4p

Sunday, Oct. 9th: vs Titans 1p

Sunday, Oct. 16th: at Giants 1p 

BYE

Monday, Oct. 31st: at Colts 815p

Sunday, Nov. 6th: vs Vikings 1p

Sunday, Nov. 13th:  vs Browns 1p

Sunday, Nov. 20th: at Lions 1p

Thursday, Nov. 24th: at Cowboys 4p

Sunday, Dec. 4th: vs Jaguars 1p

Sunday, Dec. 11th: vs Packers 1p

Sunday, Dec. 18th: at 49ers 4p

Saturday, Dec, 24th: at Bears 1p

Sunday, Jan. 1st: vs Giants 1p

Sunday, Jan. 8th: vs Eagles TBD

•  
Edited by CovingtonCommander

5 minutes ago, CovingtonCommander said:

Monday, Sept 12th: at Eagles 815p

Sunday, Sept 18th: vs Cowboys 4p

Sunday,  Sept. 25th: vs Falcons 1p

Sunday, Oct. 2nd: at Texans  4p

Sunday, Oct. 9th: vs Titans 1p

Sunday, Oct. 16th: at Giants 1p 

BYE

Monday, Oct. 31st: at Colts 815p

Sunday, Nov. 6th: vs Vikings 1p

Sunday, Nov. 13th:  vs Browns 1p

Sunday, Nov. 20th: at Lions 1p

Thursday, Nov. 24th: at Cowboys 4p

Sunday, Dec. 4th: vs Jaguars 1p

Sunday, Dec. 11th: vs Packers 1p

Sunday, Dec. 18th: at 49ers 4p

Saturday, Dec, 24th: at Bears 1p

Sunday, Jan. 1st: vs Giants 1p

Sunday, Jan. 8th: vs Eagles TBD

•  

Just a guess or a leak?

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have no idea when they are going to be, but if you look at the opponents, the games which scream "National TV Audience" (maybe Prime Time or the "Game of the Week" in the late slot) are: 

- Away at the Eagles, "Wentz's return to Philly." I think this ends up on a Thursday Night game. I think this will be the second of the 2 Eagles games, later in the season.  

- Away at the Colts, "Wentz's revenge on Irsay" I think this ends up on a Sunday Night game early in the season.  

- Home against the Vikings "Kurt comes home, how do you like me know, I don't, get out." I think this ends up on a Monday Night game. 

- One of the Dallas games, because one of them always seems to end up on Prime Time somehow.   I think this ends up as a "Fox Game of the Week" 4:00 start.  

Either of the Eagles could be on MNF or TNF; also wouldn’t be shocking if one of those matchups got a late season Sat slot. Fairly “safe” match up there that will not be on SNF most likely or a 4:25 feature game. 

I do NOT believe our game at Colts would have any prayer to be on SNF— maybe MNF or TNF. 

I don’t think anyone cares about Kirk return, especially from a national perspective. Could be a lower tier TNF game but that’s about it. 

The big money prime slots are SNF and late feature 4:25 games. I believe our only possibility there will be the games against Dallas, SLIGHT chance for Philly, SLIGHT chance for Packers. I don’t see any others making the cut for those slots. 

This year sounds like they might throw ESPN/ABC a bit more of a bone with MNF games, especially early. We have lots of games that could maybe fit that ho-hum MNF mid-season type game. Same with TNF. Wouldn’t be shocked if we got Philly or Dallas on MNF early.