Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

Because Terry is so much better that he was able to constantly bail out your boy. Without Terry on this team Heinicke throws for well under 3k and gets benched halfway through the season. 

Which receiver was second in yards? Adam Humphries? Come on man. Terry is pro-bowl material, we've known this since year 1. 

Terry was hamstrung by Heinicke, With a real QB he gets way more yards. 

Taylor was more accurate than Carson last year. I guess we shall see how he does with a new offense and how quickly he gets his chemistry synced with Terry. These are things I am looking at and think no one is even thinking about those things. These things also matter too. 

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Taylor was more accurate than Carson last year. I guess we shall see how he does with a new offense and how quickly he gets his chemistry synced with Terry. These are things I am looking at and think no one is even thinking about those things. These things also matter too. 

You're absolutely relentless. You got moxie kid. 

• Like 1

I’m a little surprised with how negative the reaction is.  This team has wasted years of my life going from horrible QB to horrible QB.  Consider where Wentz ranks in terms of starting QBs of this team over the last twenty years.  This may not be the ideal scenario, but given this teams history it’s just hard for me to hate this.  We still need to draft a franchise guy at some point, but I can live with going into a season with a proven starter.  

• Like 15
  • Thumb up 1

I guess the good news is that Washington kinda got its first pick (given that Rodgers and Wilson were out). Now, they just have to be right. I don't love the move, but I don't think I would have loved Tribusky, Garropolo, or Marriota either. I also wouldn't have loved giving away multiple number ones for Carr or Watson. As for Washington's QB room, I still think there's a good chance we draft QB in the first round, but given that there looks to be exceptional positional talent and iffy QB talent this clears the way for us to go BPA which is always a positive.

This is less of a desperation pick than it is a make lemonade trade.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

One thing I will agree with is that Carson needs to ball out for this to be worth it, no doubt. I want to see Terry get 1500 yards. Part of that is game plan too. We can't wait for the second half of the game for Turner to Call 17s number in the huddle like some games last year. 

• Like 1

This is a completely, very true story. Every syllable. No lie:

Last week I started feeling like I might be coming down with the flu. Saturday I felt nauseous...then started feeling some pains in the chest area...and by Saturday evening I had thrown up. About 2:30 am Sunday morning I call 911 to go to the ER cuz I cannot drive myself. Ambulance guys do the initial vitals, ask me questions, listen to my chest, etc...then one says "I'm going to be up front with you: it seems you've had a heart attack."

When I arrive at least 9 nurses and doctors immediately start working on my simultaneously. One doctor tells me she is going to run a catheter up my arteries and see if there is any blockage. Me: "Is it gonna hurt?" Her: "Yes. Of course."....she does so (doesn't really hurt), finds one artery 99% blocked, inserts a stent. As I recover and fight off the feeling of wanting to throw up more I'm told I will need to stay another 3 days at least for observation. During that time I'm told my left ventricle is weakened and damaged due to the blockage and needs to be strengthened and repaired. Lots of other dire doom and gloom stuff about what could have happened. I'm put on oxygen (small tubes in my nostrils, not a ventilator or anything) to get the proper level oxygen back up. During this time my phone goes dead and I can't reach my daughter or family to update them on what's happening so that adds more stress. Nobody on the floor apparently has a charger.

Today my daughter makes it to the hospital to take me home and help me pick up groceries and the prescriptions (there are 7 prescriptions). The nurses and doc are checking my vitals. She brings me her charger and I tell my family what's going on. After doing so, I head to Twitter just to pass the time, and see we traded for Carson Wentz...

https://i.giphy.com/media/15ht1D7Xtn63kQkoMa/giphy.webp

• Haha 22
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I'm not that upset with this move as long as they draft a QB this year as well. I have to believe that's the plan. Any QB drafted this year save for one or maybe two was going to have to stay on the bench for his first season anyway (especially if it's Willis). They needed a vet as a stop gap for any drafted QB and the price wasn't that high for Wentz. Their options for vets have been dwindling fast too, particularly now that Rodgers is off the market (that means Denver and Pittsburgh have a greater need for a QB now as well).

Edited by SonnySideUp

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Last week I started feeling like I might be coming down with the flu. Saturday I felt nauseous...then started feeling some pains in the chest area...and by Saturday evening I had thrown up. About 2:30 am Sunday morning I call 911 to go to the ER cuz I cannot drive myself. Ambulance guys do the initial vitals, ask me questions, listen to my chest, etc...then one says "I'm going to be up front with you: it seems you've had a heart attack."

When I arrive at least 9 nurses and doctors immediately start working on my simultaneously. One doctor tells me she is going to run a catheter up my arteries and see if there is any blockage. Me: "Is it gonna hurt?" Her: "Yes. Of course."....she does so (doesn't really hurt), finds one artery 99% blocked, inserts a stent. As I recover and fight off the feeling of wanting to throw up more I'm told I will need to stay another 3 days at least for observation. During that time I'm told my left ventricle is weakened and damaged due to the blockage and needs to be strengthened and repaired. Lots of other dire doom and gloom stuff about what could have happened. I'm put on oxygen (small tubes in my nostrils, not a ventilator or anything) to get the proper level oxygen back up. During this time my phone goes dead and I can't reach my daughter or family to update them on what's happening so that adds more stress. Nobody on the floor apparently has a charger.

Today my daughter makes it to the hospital to take me home and help me pick up groceries and the prescriptions (there are 7 prescriptions). The nurses and doc are checking my vitals. She brings me her charger and I tell my family what's going on. After doing so, I head to Twitter just to pass the time, and see we traded for Carson Wentz...

Glad you are okay enough to go home. Take care of yourself and let others take care of you.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think it’s premature to assume that McLaurin is going to have his best season ever because Wentz is here.

Terry had his best season with TH....McKissic was tremendous too. I believe TH looked to Terry almost to a fault but he didn't have much else I guess. Wentz is also a guy who locks onto favorite targets (Ertz). He's gonna love having TMac. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

So you weren’t just constipated?

Here’s to a quick recovery. 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Damn that was a fast recovery. I see you are already throwing people against the wall...lol

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

That bar is so low Gumby would have difficulty limbo'ing under it

Wentz is certainly an upgrade tho

That’s my point.  How are all these fans going to soldier on through a laundry list of awful QBs and than explode in rage at Carson Wentz?  You’d think we had a decade of excellent QB okay reading this thread.  If Carson Wentz had gone to the Packers, I could see this reaction.  A decent starting QB isn’t a thing that happens here.  

It’s like crawling out of the desert and turning down a bottle of water because it’s Dasani. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Wentz won't be throwing hospital passes to McLaurin every time he looks his way so I would say he has his best chance of having a career year. Wentz is better than any of the QBs we've trotted out with 17.

Not if the chemistry and timing is not there. Then it will be just incompleted passes. 

For those who think it was all of Wentz's fault that they lost that game to Jacksonville take this into account.  Those same lowly Jags beat the high powered Buffalo Bills 9-6 I believe. Granted the Bills did not need to win that game to make the playoffs, however they may have thought they had won the game before actually playing it.  To me that is coaching not the QB.  Did he play bad, yes based on the result.  The team had to have been flat, especially if you are playing a loosy goosy home team that has nothing to play for, it would be easy to overlook the Jags.  He had a good season, and played a bad game are the worst time, it happens, he is still an upgrade.

• Like 1