Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

Oh look, the resident Eagle fan thinks Wentz is upper echelon and this is a brilliant move.  Shocker.

Wentz will be let go in the off-season following a 6-8 win season and Ron will be firmly on the hot seat, unless he doubles down and takes a QB at 11, which he won’t.  Heading into 23 he’ll make a flailing attempt to draft one of the top rooks and will find himself woefully short on draft capital to trade up high enough.  He’ll settle for the 5th or 6th guy off the board, have another crappy season, and the house cleaning will begin.

Bookmark this post.

Ps- anybody else’s phone changing Wentz to Wendy’s?  Should be his new nickname.

12 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

He costs 28

I'm hoping we restructure that down a bit or we are having a imagination Christmas Free Agency this year

If we restructure, though, will we lose the way it's structured (with the last two years being voidable)?  That's an important part for me. I don't want to be locked on after this year. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Last QB to be traded back to back seasons was Sam Bradford. 

I would rather have Bradford in his prime in all honesty. 

2 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

We had to do something. 

Yeah. Draft a rookie and let him play. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

And to think I'd have been disappointed bringing in Trubisky or Mariotta.  It's actually worse.  Hilarious. Welp, here's to a season ending interception.

Is the season ending interception the last play of the season or week 12?

7 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I can feel it in my loins! I'm getting "Wet for Wentz"!

Ima get a Hardon for Carson

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I've been predicting this since Philthy drafted him (you can search the QB thread if you doubt me). We always get their ginger QBs; it's a tradition.

We should try the tradition of the ugly dude. Seems better.

Wentz: 3,500 yards, 27 TD to 7 INT

Heinicke:  3,400 yards, 20 TD to 15 INT

7 more TD's, half the INT's+.

Hard not to see that as a meaningful and material improvement.  That's a 7-12 TD-per-season swing alone.

Given the points differential, that's a 50-80 point swing over a season, or a few more wins if Wentz can maintain this level of performance.  Honestly, I think the supporting receiving talent in DC is better than what he had in Indy, although Taylor is a hell of a runner and support system for Indy.

Could result in a few more wins if the D returns to 2020 trajectory form.

Definitely not the elite-QB prize folks wanted, and disappointment is 100% understandable, but it IS a better QB, a legit QB, which Heinicke just wasn't and isn't.

If Ron and Co. combine this with a drafted QB, you might just get lucky.  Probably not (as a Jets Fan, I know how that works, *cough Zach Wilson *cough*) but who knows.

It's not as bad as all that IMO.

• Like 1

I dont think its a bad move , everyone agreed that TH wasnt the man , would of been stupid to sign Mitch we werent getting a top tier talent to sign here, so what did everyone want TH again a rookie next yr? This qb class is not good but we need to draft one in the 1st round?  

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wentz: 3,500 yards, 27 TD to 7 INT

Heinicke:  3,400 yards, 20 TD to 15 INT

7 more TD's, half the INT's+.

Hard not to see that as a meaningful and material improvement.  That's a 7-12 TD-per-season swing alone.

Given the points differential, that's a 50-80 point swing over a season, or a few more wins if Wentz can maintain this level of performance.  Honestly, I think the supporting receiving talent in DC is better than what he had in Indy, although Taylor is a hell of a runner and support system for Indy.

Could result in a few more wins if the D returns to 2020 trajectory form.

Definitely not the elite-QB prize folks wanted, and disappointment is 100% understandable, but it IS a better QB, a legit QB, which Heinicke just wasn't and isn't.

If Ron and Co. combine this with a drafted QB, you might just get lucky.  Probably not (as a Jets Fan, I know how that works, *cough Zach Wilson *cough*) but who knows.

It's not as bad as all that IMO.

Man, that’s awesome.  Did Jonathan Taylor, Quentin Nelson, and their sweet defense that is propping up those numbers get dealt to Washington too?

It’s about so much more than a couple stats.  Wentz sucks.  He was on pace to be MVP before the injury with Philly and has been garbage ever since.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Why though? He stats are not better than Wentz's that I can tell and he never had a winning record as a starter in this league. 

Because Bradford wasnt a head case or locker room cancer. We'll see. Wentz melted down with the best RB in the league behind him last year. And he had Pittman at WR as well.