Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn Youngkin and friends.

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

The incident she's alluding happened down here in NC at...... a COMMUNITY COLLEGE campus to a student who was over eighteen.Technically yes a teenager at a public school. 🤭

Funny how she gets to decide for her children but other parents don't get to decide for theirs. 

Of the list of dumb things kids do at college, receiving a lap dance from a person in drag wouldn't crack the top 100.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I personally am a little miffed about the need for this at college too. I get the feeling this is one of those things that Dems could just be saying ‘yea maybe it’s not appropriate in every setting’ and move the **** on but they won’t so it’s gonna be a talking point until I die. 

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I personally am a little miffed about the need for this at college too. I get the feeling this is one of those things that Dems could just be saying ‘yea maybe it’s not appropriate in every setting’ and move the **** on but they won’t so it’s gonna be a talking point until I die. 

You can't be civil with the GOP, any type of compromise given to them (no matter how logical or common sense the solution) will cause them to over play their hand. So, even if you don't think this has no place on a college campus, the GOP will turn it into banning all trans people from government property or something of the like.

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

You can't be civil with the GOP, any type of compromise given to them (no matter how logical or common sense the solution) will cause them to over play their hand. So, even if you don't think this has no place on a college campus, the GOP will turn it into banning all trans people from government property or something of the like.

Well yea you are right unfortunately 

14 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Continue to point out that they jumped the gun and showed their politics because we don't even know the charges yet.

It's TFG & GQP MO - get in front of an issue by spouting bull**** and inciting violence. 

• Thumb up 1

Former inmate sues Youngkin over rights restoration change

man who served a 19-year prison sentence and a nonprofit that helps former inmates return to society are suing Gov. Glenn Youngkin over the way he is restoring voting rights to people who’ve been convicted of a felony.

The governor’s case-by-case policy reverses the automatic restoration process that Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell initiated in 2013 and that Democratic Govs. Terry McAuliffe and Ralph Northam expanded.

The lawsuit, filed by Gregory Williams and Nolef Turns Inc., asks the U.S. District Court in Richmond to order Youngkin to set criteria, rules and time limits for restoration decisions.

But now, “Youngkin’s decision whether to grant or deny a restoration application rests with his unfettered discretion,” the lawsuit says.

“Applicants may be granted or denied for any reason or no reason,” the lawsuit says. “The absence of objective, transparent rules or criteria for restoration opens the door to political or viewpoint discrimination based on widely available information on that applicant’s political views or informed speculation based on racial, religious, wealth or any other demographic or personal information, as well as the applicant’s public statements or writing including social media posts.”

https://richmond.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/glenn-youngkin-governor-ex-convict-rights-restoration-change/article_87148948-d4b0-11ed-86e4-13f19695c008.html

On 4/2/2023 at 12:56 PM, The Evil Genius said:

The even funnier part is that Ian has never been in the US. He's never even stepped outside of Malaysia.  Yet he's a known paid right wing grifter. 😆

Yeah, I remember he went nuts when I think Biden did the upside down DQ Blizzard thing and folks were like "Dude, if you'd ever been to America and a DQ. It's been their thing for like 60 years....asshole" 

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Haha 4

New poll: Youngkin is out of step with Virginia voters on cultural issues

A new poll from the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University shows Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin to be out of step with Virginia voters. 

Most Virginia voters oppose efforts to prevent transgender girls from competing in sports. And most Virginia voters disagree with legislation that would prevent transgender students from using the bathroom of the gender they identify with. That's according to a new poll from the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University.

https://www.wvtf.org/news/2023-04-06/new-poll-youngkin-is-out-of-step-with-virginia-voters-on-cultural-issues

https://www.washingtonpost.com/documents/3356762a-a0a7-4024-ad85-e519c27d5d8d.pdf?itid=lk_inline_manual_4

• Like 1

Given (1) the fact that transgender issues is one of only six issues the poll asked about and (2) the main thrust of the first link is about trans issues, I’d say Gov Sweatervest is getting exactly what he wants. Best I can tell, trans people make up about 1/2 of 1% of the population of Virginia. But sure, let’s ask about that as if it’s on par with “the economy” and “education.”  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Best I can tell, trans people make up about 1/2 of 1% of the population of Virginia.

I mean, I'm sure it's not that much larger of a number, but I'm also betting there's a larger population than that. Especially due to the deep red areas where it still might not be very safe (or at least not without facing great difficulty) coming out.

I'm a cishet dude, but I have 3 immediate family members who are LGBTQ+. So even if I'm not in that percentage that makes up the LGBTQ+ community, I can certainly care about their issues.

But sure, let’s ask about that as if it’s on par with “the economy” and “education.”  

Civil rights, hell human rights, should probably be more important than billionaire portfolios or the feelings of suburban moms. I know they're usually not, but they should be.

"Why should anyone care about integration? There are only like, 20 black kids in my town, and I just want my white kids to get an education without 'those types' around them!"

"Why are we passing laws saying gays are human? They're only like, 2% of the population, and I'm paying 12 cents more per gallon of gas this year than last! Priorities, people!"

"Yeah sure, it's sad that that school in another state got shot up or whatever, but only a few kids died, and way less than 1% of schools have ever had a mass shooting. Why would we want to pass any laws that might impact gun manufacturers or the people who invest in them? That's too much money to put on the line to save a handful of lives."

Yes, I know millions of minorities/women being allowed to vote is a more important issue than a handful of Trans kids being able to play high school sports, but I also have a passing knowledge of history and society and how easy it is to sacrifice the lives and liberties of minorities so that the majority can avoid any discomfort or change in thoughts/behaviors.

Electorally, it makes sense. Morally? I can understand why people vote with their wallet (while having no actual knowledge of how economics works) while still disagreeing with it.

@GhostofSparta

I think you misunderstood my post. I absolutely believe that trans people should be treated with respect and afforded all of the rights to be themselves that all others have. 

My point is that they, as some of the most marginalized people in our society, are treated as such threats that, even though they are so small in number that most Virginians have never met one (or, to your very good point, not met someone who was out), idiotic pollsters (and politicians) treat them as a *very important political issue*.

My point it that it is ****ing ridiculous that “trans issues” is such a big deal when there are so few of them and the vast majority just want to be treated with basic respect, yet “trans issues” are among the most important issues for right wingers entirely because that segment just wants to be mad about ****, no matter how little it actually impacts their lives. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

@GhostofSparta

I think you misunderstood my post. I absolutely believe that trans people should be treated with respect and afforded all of the rights to be themselves that all others have. 

My point is that they, as some of the most marginalized people in our society, are treated as such threats that, even though they are so small in number that most Virginians have never met one (or, to your very good point, not met someone who was out), idiotic pollsters (and politicians) treat them as a *very important political issue*.

My point it that it is ****ing ridiculous that “trans issues” is such a big deal when there are so few of them and the vast majority just want to be treated with basic respect, yet “trans issues” are among the most important issues for right wingers entirely because that segment just wants to be mad about ****, no matter how little it actually impacts their lives. 

My bad. I took the wrong tone from your post, I apologize.

I'm gonna leave what I wrote up to express my feelings to those who do actually think that Trans people are a useful sacrifice for their own creature comforts.

• Like 2

Brian Kilmeade Tries Three Times to Get Republican Governor to Answer Simple Question About Ron DeSantis

Fox News host Brian Kilmeade asked Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin a straightforward question three times and the Republican refused to answer each time.

The question centered on Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’s verbal and legal attacks on the Walt Disney Company after the corporation publicly opposed his so-called “Don’t Say Gay” bill last year. Since then, DeSantis has waged a campaign against Disney that even Republicans are calling an overreach.

“A lot of people are looking at you as a presidential candidate,” Kilmeade said while guest-hosting Thursday’s Jesse Watters Primetime. “I looked at Chris Sununu, looked at Donald Trump, looked at Chris Christie, and Mike Pence. They’re all against what Governor DeSantis is doing with Disney and the fight with Disney.”

Kilmeade asked Youngkin how he would react if he were in a similar situation with a company in his state.

“Would you take them on? Would you let them know who’s boss?” he asked.

“Well, I’ve been very clear from the beginning about where I stand on all things,” said Youngkin, who was not about to very clear about where he stands on the question. “I mean, Virginians elected a Republican governor. They understand that they have hired someone to go to work to cut taxes, to stand up for law enforcement, to put parents back at the chair seat of the table, not to have bureaucrats and politicians telling pants you have no role in your kid’s life.”

The governor continued in this fashion until Kilmeade jumped in.

“But if they took you on and called you out–”

Youngkin continued speaking.

“Governor, Governor,” Kilmeade said. “But if they took you on and called you out about a proposal you might be putting–coming down the pike in six weeks, what would do you?”

“Well, the first thing that I’d do is, I explain why we’re doing what we’re doing,” he replied. “And what I find over and over again is that common sense prevails. And common sense has been a leading indicator for winning states. And that’s why Virginia’s winning now.”

Kilmeade tried asking the question another way.

“Is DeSantis right?” he said. “Or is Trump, Sununu, Christie, [and] Pence right?”

“Well, I think each circumstance is gonna be different,” Youngkin said, as Kilmeade let out a laugh.

1 hour ago, China said:

Brian Kilmeade Tries Three Times to Get Republican Governor to Answer Simple Question About Ron DeSantis

Fox News host Brian Kilmeade asked Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin a straightforward question three times and the Republican refused to answer each time.

The question centered on Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’s verbal and legal attacks on the Walt Disney Company after the corporation publicly opposed his so-called “Don’t Say Gay” bill last year. Since then, DeSantis has waged a campaign against Disney that even Republicans are calling an overreach.

“A lot of people are looking at you as a presidential candidate,” Kilmeade said while guest-hosting Thursday’s Jesse Watters Primetime. “I looked at Chris Sununu, looked at Donald Trump, looked at Chris Christie, and Mike Pence. They’re all against what Governor DeSantis is doing with Disney and the fight with Disney.”

Kilmeade asked Youngkin how he would react if he were in a similar situation with a company in his state.

“Would you take them on? Would you let them know who’s boss?” he asked.

“Well, I’ve been very clear from the beginning about where I stand on all things,” said Youngkin, who was not about to very clear about where he stands on the question. “I mean, Virginians elected a Republican governor. They understand that they have hired someone to go to work to cut taxes, to stand up for law enforcement, to put parents back at the chair seat of the table, not to have bureaucrats and politicians telling pants you have no role in your kid’s life.”

The governor continued in this fashion until Kilmeade jumped in.

“But if they took you on and called you out–”

Youngkin continued speaking.

“Governor, Governor,” Kilmeade said. “But if they took you on and called you out about a proposal you might be putting–coming down the pike in six weeks, what would do you?”

“Well, the first thing that I’d do is, I explain why we’re doing what we’re doing,” he replied. “And what I find over and over again is that common sense prevails. And common sense has been a leading indicator for winning states. And that’s why Virginia’s winning now.”

Kilmeade tried asking the question another way.

“Is DeSantis right?” he said. “Or is Trump, Sununu, Christie, [and] Pence right?”

“Well, I think each circumstance is gonna be different,” Youngkin said, as Kilmeade let out a laugh.

Kilmeade needed to follow up and ask sweater vest what his plan is to move ahead of “other” in the polls.