Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn Youngkin and friends.

Cooked Crack

@Fan since a Fetus

Don't believe the "national divorce" BS. It literally is precursor discussion to the Civil War... was your family already talking like this or just following the political narrative of the day?  

More people think like you, we are just not represented in the national parties.  Also, publicizing someone saying "The country should break up!" drives clicks on the Internet.  No one is going to publicize the guy saying "American democracy is in fine shape."   

I am also a white male that really hasn't thought that much about African American studies/history.  In school we were taught MLKs "I have a Dream" speech and the teachers acted like we live in a society that fulfilled that dream. 

Than I happen to hear a podcast on the "Brownsville affair" (sure this was 1906), see a movie like "BlacKKKlansman" (late 1970s), and live through all the police on black people incidents (George Floyd, Michael Brown, Tyre Nichols)... sure some white people get killed by cops... but it's dissproportionate.  When I was childlike and naive, I thought "everyone can study, learn and work hard"... but there's generational damage and hurdles that my family, therefore me never dealt with. 

Getting screwed over by generations of racism in America really sets people back. And we're not allowed to talk about it?

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

@Fan since a Fetus

Don't believe the "national divorce" BS. It literally is precursor discussion to the Civil War... was your family already talking like this or just following the political narrative of the day?  

More people think like you, we are just not represented in the national parties.  Also, publicizing someone saying "The country should break up!" drives clicks on the Internet.  No one is going to publicize the guy saying "American democracy is in fine shape."   

I am also a white male that really hasn't thought that much about African American studies/history.  In school we were taught MLKs "I have a Dream" speech and the teachers acted like we live in a society that fulfilled that dream. 

Than I happen to hear a podcast on the "Brownsville affair" (sure this was 1906), see a movie like "BlacKKKlansman" (late 1970s), and live through all the police on black people incidents (George Floyd, Michael Brown, Tyre Nichols)... sure some white people get killed by cops... but it's dissproportionate.  When I was childlike and naive, I thought "everyone can study, learn and work hard"... but there's generational damage and hurdles that my family, therefore me never dealt with. 

Getting screwed over by generations of racism in America really sets people back. And we're not allowed to talk about it?

I normally just give a thanks or love reaction, but I agree with you completely. Yes, my family sways with the news. I just wish people had more sense than just going with the latest terrible idea that is spread. 

I totally agree about the clicks. The media plays a massive role in this countries stupidity. I really really wish it was different. I’ve had family laugh at my desire to have a United world. They say “that’s never going to happen.” I agree that it is not. But, that mentality is part of the reason it won’t happen. But, then they go on and say thing like “ he believes in open borders.” Yeah, I do, if all things are equal. But they are not.  

I just imagine that the world could be one. Everyone taken care of. No starvation or homelessness. We have the means, we just don’t have the mentality.  

As smart as humans are, we are equally dumb. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Poll: Youngkin trails Trump, DeSantis in Va. GOP presidential preference

Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s job approval ratings are rising, but he lags far behind former President Donald Trump and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis as Virginia Republicans’ first choice for the party’s presidential nomination, according to a new survey. Youngkin’s Virginia job approval rating hit 57% in February — five points better than in November — and his disapproval rating was 35% — down six points from three months ago, according to a poll out Thursday from Roanoke College.

When Republican respondents were asked their first choice for president, 39% chose Trump and 28% picked DeSantis. Youngkin finished a distant third with 6%, just ahead of Nikki Haley, the former South Carolina governor and ambassador to the United Nations, and “someone else,” each at 5%.

I find it hilarious that his poll numbers are up and people are happy with his job performance. If you're happy with him, thank the Dems for blocking most of hist bull****...you're welcome.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

But Youngkin, whose 2021 victory in the commonwealth made him a national GOP star, was less inclined to discuss his other ambitions. He shrugged off a question about a potential 2024 presidential run and repeatedly turned down opportunities to pointedly distinguish himself from would-be rivals.

The question now for GOP voters is whether they will continue to see Youngkin as a rising star or, given the early flow of the 2024 primary season, as an afterthought in a contest that has so far been dominated by former President Donald Trump, a declared candidate, and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is likely on his way to entering the race.

I disagree with the idea that because he wouldn’t say anything about the 24 election that means anything. As we’ve discussed in other threads there’s advantages and disadvantages to picking when you announce. Savvy campaigns do a good job with it. 

there’s no reason to announce now or even get people talking about it. Too far out. And I’m willing to bet all serious potential candidates are hoping the time allows for something to develop that torpedos trumps bid. 

he clearly has the connections and has been set up to potentially run. Not saying he had a chance or a good chance - but he certainly would be a legitimate candidate in the primaries. 

Edited by tshile

The few minutes I watched of the town hall Youngkin didn't really answer many of Jake Tappers soft questions. Tho he did say he was in favor of gender neutral bathrooms. Then went on to whinge about transgender athletes.

I don't see him polling nationally much higher than "someone else" anytime soon. He probably gonna struggle getting reelected. Dude makes wonder bread yawn. 🤭

Edited by Captain Wiggles

9 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Lost that multi billion dollar battery plant Ford was gonna build in Virginia to Michigan. 🤑

43 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Nothing Glenn Youngkin has done as governor has impacted me, a resident of NORTHERN Virginia, in any way so far as I can tell.  He's a total non-entity. 

I should have been more specific. 

• Haha 1

Trans are an extreme minority that you have to find your way around to not upset the majority. You should not expect the mainstream to bend to the ideals of the fringe when it comes to their children. This kid wants to be a girl...more power to him. but youre in another bathroom untill you dont have a dick

Without a dingaling you can go in any bathroom you choose...guys dont give a ****

Edited by dunfer

4 minutes ago, dunfer said:

trans boys wanting to get into girls bathrooms? Id say theyre a fraction of a percent

Not sure of you are referencing the video above but wasn't it a trans male (as in born female) asking the question to Governor Sweater Vest? Saying that he shouldn't be forced into the girl's locker room?  

Back to my question though, what is the threshold for you where protections occur? What specifically moves them from unprotected extreme minority groups to protected minority groups? 

Edited by The Evil Genius

I've been working grueling hours these past couple of weeks. I never would've missed this otherwise, looks like CNN is schlepping fpr Glenn. He even got to write an op-ed for CNN. He's still a loser that is so ineffective as Gov, that many people think he's doing an "ok" job by doing absolutely nothing.

Edited by Simmsy

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Not sure of you are referencing the video above but wasn't it a trans male asking the question to Governor Sweater Vest? Saying that he shouldn't be forced into the women's locker room?  

Back to my question though, what is the threshold for you where protections occur? What specifically moves them from unprotected extreme minority groups to protected minority groups? 

yeah sorry i tried to embed a different video and it only showed the code, so i edited it out.

You cant open girls bathrooms and sports to guys transgendering. Its not right for the girls. Too bad for the few guys feelings it hurts vs the millions of girls

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I've been working grueling hours this past couple of weeks. I never would've missed this otherwise, looks like CNN is schlepping fpr Glenn. He even got to write an op-ed for CNN. He's still a loser that is some ineffective as Gov, that many people think he's doing an "ok" job by doing absolutely nothing.

hes like a 60 year younger joe biden

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm not sure that's the right way of looking at it. But, if you're trying to make this quantifiable, fractions of percentages aren't likely going to get you there. Honestly, the way the governor answered on a topic like this is probably the best way to handle it. One side is going to lose their minds about keeping kids in their biological bathrooms and the other side with **** their pants about moving kids to their gender-identified bathrooms. Individual bathrooms are probably the right move, are they not? 

Now sports, since they can't be individualized, are tougher. But I certainly fall on the side of biological there.