Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

8 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This is what good teams do when a star player demands the money that they have rightly earned but that unfortunately you just can't afford to pay.

Ā 

You trade them for maximum value now rather than trying to convince them to stay here for less money orĀ even worse play the annual franchise tag game; that at best leads to a potential late third round pick years later BUT ONLY if you don't sign any free agents that year that would cancel out the future compensatory pick.

Ā 

Ā 

Andy Reid the master does it again!

Edited by sebestian
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Tyreek Hill is a fun discussion. Would have 50 million invested in 2 receivers at the start of the year though once mcclaurin is done. See the dolphins have waddle for cheap next 3 years then can give Hill the boot year 4.Ā 

Ā 

I mean, that woulda been the end of the discussion right there.Ā  That's an insane amount tied up in WR, I dont care who they are.

Ā 

Five draft picks and a huge extension.Ā  That is bold when the guy getting him the ball is still trying to convince people he doesn't suck.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Ā 

I'm inclined to agree, but if we have a few WRs we like I hope we consider a small move back. I really like Christian Watson from NDSU though and that 29/30 range is a good value spot. Plus Dean or Brisker could be value picks at the other pick too.

Ā 

Watson + Brisker + Christian Harris or Olave + Harris, you know?

Ā 

The problem with these "name a bunch of guys that are semi possible via online mock drafts" scenarios is simple: It NEVER works out that way. Ever.

Ā 

Brisker vs. Hamilton - Who is better?

Watkins vs. London - Who is better?

Lloyd vs. Muma - Who is better?

Dean vs. Harris - Who is better?

Ā 

The only one of those that is even remotely close is Dean vs. Harris and it's not that close. Harris is more of the old school MIKE than he is the ILB we need. Though I do love the way he plays.

Ā 

Olave won't be the only receiver available at 11. If he is, then someone else is there of that group:Ā 

Ā 

Gardner

Williams

Thibs

Hutch

Hamilton

Davis

Stingley

London

Wilson

Olave

Cross

Linenbaum

Willis

Pickett

Lloyd

Dean

Ā 

Among others. That's 16 guys. At least 6 of that list will be on the board.

Ā 

To pass on them for Brisker or Watkins would be literally nuts.Ā 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I kindof think it's their version of "Look over here away from our idiot owner and the lawsuits"

Ā 

We're not the only team that does it.

Starting to get the feel that we're definitely not alone in our complaints about our idiot owner. I think the last owner with class and grace, mighta been ole Georgia and her Rams.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Who is throwing the ball to them? I honestly don't know. Tua?Ā 

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Ā 

Should be Tua to start but not sure how long the leash is with TB there now too.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Only TB that matters is Tom Brady. I think they gave up a lot for a team that doesn't have a stud QB on a rookie deal.

Fitzpatrick is still availableĀ 

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I honest to God don't think we should have done that. I'd prefer to draft a guy, keep the picks and keep the cap space.Ā  Betting that much on a skill position player almost never works out.

Ā 

Also, we NEVER get the right end of a deal with Reid.Ā  If he doesn't want to pay the guy and is ok shipping him out, I'm going with we shouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole.Ā  He knows.Ā  He knows everything.Ā Ā 

Oh I absolutely would never have made that deal unless I was the one getting all those picks lol. Totally kiddingĀ 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Ā 

To pass on them for Brisker or Watkins would be literally nuts.Ā 

Ā 

Not trying to bring draft thread stuff into the FA thread, but just to respond here. We have drafted really well lately. I would trust this FO to nail the picks. I would trust them to nail #11 too, but I wouldn't say trading #11 for #29 and #30 would mean we don't get any "dudes"Ā  ... The all-pro hit rate differential between #11 and #29 historically can't be *that* significant, and I like the idea of having 2 shots at Round 1 talent that might fall a bit, especially on a team that has 2 major holes, and depth/lng-term upside needs at several other spots that currently just has 2 picks in the Tp 100.

That's what a smart FO does.. trades top flight players when they can get value knowing that they will not be able to resign him long term. Dumb FO franchises players multiple times and then lets them walk for nothing when they get too expensive.Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Dear Jeebus that trade for Hill.

Ā 

Ā 

Ummm....

Ā 

Can we get that kind of return for Terry? Not even joking, that is bonkers.

Ā 

Ā 

For some this will be blasphemy but if we realize that the only way to retain Terry is to franchise him we need to be willing to pursue trading him rather than going down the franchise tag rabbit hole.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

34 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Pick 29+30 = 1260

Pick 11 = 1240

Ā 

Would you?

Not a chance. Nowhere near enough.

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ummm....

Ā 

Would you consider 2 firsts from KC?

Ā 

Ā 

Ummm....

Ā 

If we could get a 1rst and change like that for Terry, I'dĀ  help him pack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Ā 

Ā 

Ummm....

Ā 

I'd call the Jets right now and dangle Terry.Ā 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Reid will trade Hill for 2 first rounders, draft Bo Melton in the 3rd round(round earlier than projected) and in 2 years when Hill is retired everyone will be questioning how Bo slipped out of the first round.

I think theyā€™ll pick Calvin Austin III in the mid rounds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Would you consider 2 firsts from KC?

Ā 

I'd try to squeeze a mid rounder since KC's pick is "bad" but heck yeah. Love Terry, but you gotta make a move like that.

Ā 

I'd trade anyone on this team not named Young for that and that's only b/c he has several years of rookie deal left.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Not a chance. Nowhere near enough.

I get your stance, and if we hadn't lost our 3rd, I'd probably agree with you. But there's bound to be several guys I still really like available late 1st, early 2nd. I think I'd prefer to get two guys there than take a shot on one I don't love at 11. It really just depends on who is available when we're on the clock. I know that probably isn't the most popular opinion.Ā 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Hill and Waddle on the field together is going to be ridiculous.

Ā 

Their reactions will be ridiculous when Tua continuously throws dirt balls in front of them.

Ā 

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

19 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

With height and speed, receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling is a proven deep threat. Among receivers with at least 100 receptions since the start of the 2018 season, Valdes-Scantling ranks No. 1 in the NFL with 17.5 yards per receptions ā€“ a full yard better than anyone else. In 2020, he led the NFL in yards per catch (20.9) and 40-yard receptions (six) and tied for second in 40-yard touchdowns (four).

In 2021, he caught 26 passes (matching his career low) for 430 yards (career low) because he missed six games due to injuries. Previously, he had played in all 48 career games. After dropping 15 passes in his first three seasons, he didnā€™t drop any in 2021.

Will be getting paid by KC very soon Iā€™d imagine.