Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My apologies everyone, it seems since I made my post yesterday - for once in the last decade or so - defending the offseason moves and direction this team was taking, they've decided to just start chopping folks left and right.  I should have known better than to prematurely praise this organization for anything.  

I do not think you are wrong yet. Feels like there is a major move coming. May make all this make sense. Just hold on to the apology for a few days 🙂   

I'm surprised with releases of both flowers and Ion, they have been solid for us.  But they did have big cap numbers.  If they felt they were on the long term plan, and they wouldn't restructure for this year, then getting them off the books might be the best play.   This could allow us to add key pieces without pushing money into the future, and help us retain our young core such as Terry, Payne, etc.

We have to remember our roster as it stands isn't the team we will field week 1.  We will plug holes and add talent.  

If they can sign one of these still-good former Panthers OG for less than Flowers wanted and with less of a cap hit then it makes sense all of a sudden. 

Collins coming off the books now is interesting and goes against what had been reported before—Schefter didn’t mention him as a post-June 1st designation 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

What the frijole??? So we have like 2 DTs now? Seems like they were 4 other moves to create space to do first. When Matt I is on, the dude is a super freak

James Smith-Williams spent some time as a DT last year. I've also heard we like Daniel Wise and we're bringing back David Bada for a third year

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Dumb as hell…. We’ve gotten significantly worse… I stand by the fact that Ioannidis is our most disruptive DLineman. Settle wasn’t far behind….

Blasphemous. Jon Allen is on verge of becoming an All-pro. Romantic with 3-4 years ago. 

Just now, Conn said:

Legit the only move that’s worried me so far. Matt I doesn’t worry me too much even after losing Settle, he’s overrated by the fanbase based on how he performed before he earned his second contract with us. He hasn’t been nearly as good or impactful since even when healthy. 

This right here! Some players can be difficult to transition from great value and play on a rookie deal to injury prone and less impactful on second contract. Many of us held on to the rookie contract version of Matty I. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

If we are getting ready to make moves that 2023 comp pick will either lose value or will be toast depending on how much we spend.

Its essentially an early 4th. It’s great if it naturally fits into your plans but it’s not the end of the world as long as the reason you’re losing it is bc you’re adding real worthwhile talent 

• Like 1

Just now, carex said:

James Smith-Williams spent some time as a DT last year. I've also heard we like Daniel Wise and we're bringing back David Bada for a third year

I didn't realize Matt I had a down year, I do know he seems to be hurt a lot... doesnt feel like we have a lot of depth or stars, I guess our D Line starters are still "stars" but they left a ton to be desired last year. Played nothing like SF or Indy's DLs. Terry Mc, is awesome but he's not Tyreek Hill or D Adams. Need a few studs, need a fair amount of depth

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Their is a ton of OL to pick up. I personally did not like Flowers. I think you could easily upgrade. 

You can easily downgrade too.

That's kinda weird to trade for a QB, then let your guards move into FA without not much behind it. Let probably your best offensive weapon (behind TMc) leave.

They better have to make this work this year or you can count on this whole crew to kiss their ass goodbye.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll just say that aggressively creating cap space feels like they are about to make a move or two.  I doubt they just want to subtract to build cap room to carry over for 2023.

You have to hope so. But they really do have me scratching my head right now...

• Like 3

Aggressively creating $27mil in cap space (granted $12mil not until June) sure seems like they are making a big or few bogger moves? Otherwise why do them all now at the same time.... But also this is Washington, so who knows...

Now imagine clearing up cap space for a franchise QB... That would have been fun 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Feels like your posts in the Qb thread.  I am surprised you haven't started a fire Ron thread period considering how focused you are on the thought.

He has a weird obsession with Carolina. He mentions them every chance he can. It was ultimately a failure. The continuance of bringing as many people from it makes zero sense. It’s a lack of self evaluation onto why it failed. Why recreate a failed experiment that was marginally ok only because of a MVP qb. The one thing he doesn’t have here 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I do not think you are wrong yet. Feels like there is a major move coming. May make all this make sense. Just hold on to the apology for a few days 🙂   

Will see if I am wrong.  But this makes me feel the opposite of panic.

A.  Ron has said to death this is the season they have to win

B.  They just placed bets recently on Wentz and their neck is on the line to win with him

C.  They are aggresively creating cap room including even getting rid of guys they like.

Seems like some are worried that..

A.  Ron is doing this for no reason

The only rationale for him to do it for no reason unless i am missing something is to carry over cap room to punt on 2022 for 2023.  Nothing else makes sense to me -- and even that reason of punting on 2022 for 2023 makes little sense to me.  

This all screams to me they are looking to make some moves here and clearing the deck for it. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

He has a weird obsession with Carolina. He mentions them every chance he can. It was ultimately a failure. The continuance of bringing as many people from it makes zero sense. It’s a lack of self evaluation onto why it failed. Why recreate a failed experiment that was marginally ok only because of a MVP qb. The one thing he doesn’t have here 

I know I know I've heard your many rants on Ron.  I am just surprised you haven't dedicated a thread to it because its a theme for you on multiple threads. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3