Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Alf Morris? Antonio Gibson? 

I don’t know why people are getting this idea Wentz does not throw to backs. He had two RBs with 40 catches at the Colts last season. 

He does like to push the ball down the field and he will hold the ball and take sacks - but he uses his backs and TEs a lot as well. 

He does but he also does alot of two te sets and throws to both te.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I keep seeing ES members posting there is no money to sign free agents. Can someone please tell me what players have such huge salaries that limits the FO to spend money on positions of need?  I know Wentz, Allen, and Flower have large salaries but outside of those three players, I cannot think where all the money is tied into?

Jackson, Fuller and Samuel all have cap numbers over $10M.

Landon Collins is still in the books right now at $15M as well. He’s not officially been released I guess.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I keep seeing ES members posting there is no money to sign free agents. Can someone please tell me what players have such huge salaries that limits the FO to spend money on positions of need?  I know Wentz, Allen, and Flower have large salaries but outside of those three players, I cannot think where all the money is tied into?

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-commanders/

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Dum dums. 🤣

No way the Commanders could match what a team like Buffalo offered. The Bills have an elite QB and really good defense. Easy decision for JD, go play for a team that was just in a conference championship. 

McKissic might get lost in Buffalo. They have really good alternatives at 2nd and 3rd RB.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

McKissic might get lost in Buffalo. They have really good alternatives at 2nd and 3rd RB.

The Bills fans I know hate Zach Moss and think he’s below replacement level. Singletary has gotten better every year but isn’t a stud receiver, despite his size he’s more of an early down guy which is why it took him a bit to find his role with them, they wanted him to be something he wasn’t. And Matt Breida has never lived up to his measurables, he’s replacement level. They’re happy about McKissic because they needed a receiving RB but wanted a trade for Barkley instead, ideally 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Good luck to him, the rest of the guys we lost I could care less.

It's funny, bc scherff, the high priced coveted free agent that left, I'm glad to see gone. Good riddance.  It's the two bargain bin guys in JD and settle that I'm bummed about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Conn said:

An old friend, still cashing in. Good for him 

I like Cosmi but it was unnecessary to cut Moses and draft Cosmi. I get that Leno getting released wasn’t something they expected but still. Maybe they would’ve taken Mills, who they supposedly liked, with the pick

7 minutes ago, method man said:

I like Cosmi but it was unnecessary to cut Moses and draft Cosmi. I get that Leno getting released wasn’t something they expected but still. Maybe they would’ve taken Mills, who they supposedly liked, with the pick

Ugh. Do we actually miss Moses, or are we just conditioned to be unhappy about everything WFT? We were better without Moses. Our OL was better. I'd rather have Wentz than Mills. I don't see any major bungles. I don't think that Rivera had a real shot at doing better than he did at QB this offseason. That move took up cap space. We are working within the constraints of who we have to resign. 

I do really want Wagner and I'd be a bit sour if I knew we didn't swing for him. But Williams? What did he get? 17 million per? No thanks. Scherff at 17.5? No thanks. The early signings have been overpriced. In a salary cap era, you win with a franchise QB and with value. Players that are outplaying their contracts.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We were a seven win team with the hardest schedule, the worst QB(according to you guys) and tons of injuries and COVID diagnosis.  If a better QB is so important then it seems like an easier schedule and a better QB should be good for a few more wins

I want a starting LB or two and after that, just pieces. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Cosmi gave us level of play roughly equivalent to Moses and he's a LOT younger and cheaper. It was a fine move. 

This fan base trashed Moses non stop when he was here. He leaves and all of a sudden those same people act like we let go of one of the Hogs. Relax.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Cosmi gave us level of play roughly equivalent to Moses and he's a LOT younger and cheaper. It was a fine move. 

This fan base trashed Moses non stop when he was here. He leaves and all of a sudden those same people act like we let go of one of the Hogs. Relax.

I like Moses and hated the move at the time. But, the move panned out. The OL was better and cheaper. 

I'm still worried about Mike(duh), TE, CB, WR, FS, and interior OL. But in a salary cap era, you can't have everything.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Ugh. Do we actually miss Moses, or are we just conditioned to be unhappy about everything WFT? We were better without Moses. Our OL was better. I'd rather have Wentz than Mills. I don't see any major bungles. I don't think that Rivera had a real shot at doing better than he did at QB this offseason. That move took up cap space. We are working within the constraints of who we have to resign. 

I do really want Wagner and I'd be a bit sour if I knew we didn't swing for him. But Williams? What did he get? 17 million per? No thanks. Scherff at 17.5? No thanks. The early signings have been overpriced. In a salary cap era, you win with a franchise QB and with value. Players that are outplaying their contracts.  

Moses had a great 2020 and put up a very solid 2021 for the Jets. He wasn't making much either, only $8M/year. Moving him out for a rookie should have been low on the priority list.

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

I like Moses and hated the move at the time. But, the move panned out. The OL was better and cheaper. 

I'm still worried about Mike(duh), TE, CB, WR, FS, and interior OL. But in a salary cap era, you can't have everything.

I like Cosmi but he missed half the season. Moses is not as good as Cosmi but he gave you 16 games a season

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

The ceiling on Cosmi is much much higher if we’re ever going to have a dynamic offense. Moses was good enough most of the time. Cosmi has the physical ability to be a major plus on our side of the equation. The rookie contract is also a big bonus. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Looks like Watson is headed to Browns. Read between the lines.

Link ; Browns QB Baker Mayfield Pens Letter Thanking Cleveland Fans For Their Support (msn.com)

Going to be interesting to see thee compensation to get Watson.  

Allbright thinks that’s extremely unlikely. He bet $1,000 on twitter about it and he’s plugged in in a major way. 

The very public courting of Watson says what the Browns think of Mayfield loud and clear regardless of whether they get him or not. I still think not. Apparently things have been “broken” between Baker and the coaches for a while. Allbright thinks he’s gone regardless, that’s what Baker’s letter is about during all the speculation imo. And as a bonus he also thinks that Jimmy G might end up being their consolation prize. 

Edited by Conn

3 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Looks like Watson is headed to Browns. Read between the lines.

Link ; Browns QB Baker Mayfield Pens Letter Thanking Cleveland Fans For Their Support (msn.com)

Going to be interesting to see thee compensation to get Watson.  

If true, the compensation must be astronomic for the Texans to agree to send him to an AFC team, something they vowed they would never do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Allbright thinks that’s extremely unlikely. He bet $1,000 on twitter about it and he’s plugged in in a major way. 

The very public courting of Watson says what the Browns think of Mayfield loud and clear regardless of whether they get him or not. I still think not. Apparently things have been “broken” between Baker and the coaches for a while. Allbright thinks he’s gone regardless, that’s what Baker’s letter is about during all the speculation imo. And as a bonus he also thinks that Jimmy G might end up being their consolation prize. 

Seriously.  Wow.  

Doesn't this year feel, for lack of a better term. more crazy then ever.  

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

Retweeted by Allbright:

That's not surprising.  They have a championship defense.  Good offensive line.  Play indoors half the season.  Nice offensive pieces.  If I was Watson that's where I would want to go.

If this comes to fruition think Payton re thinks his sabbatical.  

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Seriously.  Wow.  

Doesn't this year feel, for lack of a better term. more crazy then ever.  

No kidding man get ya popcorn ready and be glad we got our QB.

I wanna see 4 more QBs switch teams make this ish wild.

Watson to ATL, Matty Ice to the Brown stains , Seattle snags Mayfield and Drew Lock gets traded a second time to the Colts or they give San Fran a place to dump Jimmy G and drive off. Come-on do eet.

Edited by OMacAttack
  • Like 1