Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

I think being this unconcerned about TE is a risk, from a fan perspective, because Logan Thomas isn’t guaranteed to be exactly the same especially when the season starts. He’s almost 30 and relies on his athleticism to produce, big time. And that’s assuming there are no setbacks and he trusts the knee, mentally, as soon as he’s able to play again. None of that stuff is guaranteed and we’d be foolish to build the roster around Wentz this year as if it is.

But Rivera and crew have the daily info about his recovery and see Bates every day too, so I’ll roll with however comfortable they show themselves to be with the position. Good draft to grab a guy at TE in the mid rounds too—I still wish we’d drafted Foster Moreau a few years ago, he’d be a household name if he wasn’t stuck behind Waller. Good year to get a guy like that on a new rookie contract. 

Agreed 100%. ACL typically takes 8-12 months to fully recover. He had surgery in Dec so its likely Oct ish before he sees the field again in games. That move TE/big slot is a real need.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

That Christian Kirk deal must be pissing a lot of people off, aside for those involved of course. That’s set a damn high limit on those WRs left on the market. Draft is stacked as well. Madness.

The Campbell 10mil per year I’d a great deal for GB. They have a issue to sort with Adams not as the tag isn’t going to wash with him, but overall they have nailed it.

Not that much DB action doing on. Hope we are in the mix there.

Still like several options available to us across the board to be honest.

Thats what they used to say about the then Redskins under early Snyder years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

I think being this unconcerned about TE is a risk, from a fan perspective, because Logan Thomas isn’t guaranteed to be exactly the same especially when the season starts. He’s almost 30 and relies on his athleticism to produce, big time. And that’s assuming there are no setbacks and he trusts the knee, mentally, as soon as he’s able to play again. None of that stuff is guaranteed and we’d be foolish to build the roster around Wentz this year as if it is.

But Rivera and crew have the daily info about his recovery and see Bates every day too, so I’ll roll with however comfortable they show themselves to be with the position. Good draft to grab a guy at TE in the mid rounds too—I still wish we’d drafted Foster Moreau a few years ago, he’d be a household name if he wasn’t stuck behind Waller. Good year to get a guy like that on a new rookie contract. 

I get that. I know it usually takes a couple years to get a real NFL feel as a TE. We have a ton of young talent already but to me, RSJ tightens up the TE's with a reliable guy

For those who are dying for some kind of information about who we mat sign etc.  The best organizations are ones that don't negotiate or publize what their intentions are.  If this is the case, I am very happy.  Could they be turning a corner in regards to how to run an organization again.  Snyder maybe staying away is helping, if he is actually staying away.  Quiet organizations are the best run.  Hear anything come out of Pittsburgh until they simply signed Trubisky.  I am not saying that is the best move, but they way you go about it as an organization is top class.  Anything from New England?  Did not think so.  Look I am no genius, and in the end it just my opinion, they only info I want is when they sign on the line that is dotted!!!

Boring, yes n o doubt.  Smart, absolutely.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Agreed 100%. ACL typically takes 8-12 months to fully recover. He had surgery in Dec so its likely Oct ish before he sees the field again in games. That move TE/big slot is a real need.

Heard he was expected back for the beginning of the season so that's around nine months.  As long as it took to diagnose maybe it wasn't a bad tear

31 minutes ago, MartinC said:

So, we can expect LT to start the season on the PUP list without any training camp I assume? Barring a miraculous speedy recovery.....????

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

So, we can expect LT to start the season on the PUP list without any training camp I assume? Barring a miraculous speedy recovery.....????

I think we saw something recently that he wouldn't be ready until beginning of season ever though when it happened, they were saying training camp.  It's a bummer because he's really gonna need some time with Wentz.  We'll see.

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Hard to say, but assuming in March that he’ll definitely be reliable and himself in September is a dangerous game, I think is the point. That’s a long time for things to potentially go wrong. A cheaper solid vet would probably be a good addition just in case, even acknowledging that Bates is developing well. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

All conjecture but I would think he will start camp on the PUP. After that who knows. I think it’s optimistic to expect him to be ready to play week 1.