Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I believe Hilton ripped Wentz bad after their last loss to Jax....doubt we'd bring him in. 

Could Zach Pascal come full circle? Was a UDFA with us back in the day and played with Wentz last year. Mo alie-cox makes a little sense at TE if Wentz wants any familiar targets.

1 minute ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

I'd definitely take 8-12 games of Fuller if the price was right. He really opens things up for an offense when he is on the field. 

I agree with this. I wish that A. Robinson was a target as well. Always been a fan of his. Tons of talent, and like Terry, bad qb play has limited what he could really do.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Nice part of the world!

No joke.  I have a place in Estero, gulf side.  Nice but their is nothing like West Palm.  Pricey though.  Def retiring there.  

Bengals had needs and they addressed them.  Good day for them as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I think signing Settle and trading Payne or Iaonnidis might make sense.

The drop-off would be enormous imo. There’s a reason Payne played so many snaps when we had the depth to rotate him, and only part of it is bc he’s so damn good. Settle may get paid somewhere but he’s not capable of playing that many snaps and even at his best isn’t nearly as effective. I’m not sure the cost benefit of that works out for us if we want to win with Wentz

Matt Ionnidas I could be convinced

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I think signing Settle and trading Payne or Iaonnidis might make sense.

Easy. Sign/extend both Settle and Payne. Move Iaonnidis for a pick and call it a day.

I have a funny feeling that we are going to screw ourselves out of the Scherff Comp pick. I know we need to compete now with a QB, but throwing away 3rd/4th round picks are NOT how you do it.

With our current cap situation and needing to reupp a couple key players, I doubt we are players in the first wave of FA. I think we go bargain shopping on the second wave. Remember Leno and McCain weren’t signed till after the draft when teams needed to make cuts to get under the cap. 

Obviously MLB is a key need but there’s no one outside of Wagner that we should break the bank. Maybe we sign a second tier mlb and bring in a rookie to compete. Just my 2 cents…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Wentz would make TE Evan Engram a pro bowler....we could move him all over the place and create mismatches. Would love to get him here to pair with LT. 

This is the move imo. Treat him like a big slot and move him around, can still get Bates on the field as a blocker with Engram in the slot and it also covers our ass if Logan Thomas has a setback too. Engram eats down the seam and that’s where Wentz wants to feed his guys 

32 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Would be interesting to know the suitors and competing offers on some of these deals for guys like Scherff and Tomlinson.  

I understand it’s a business, but as someone who makes merely a smidge of what these dudes make…I tend to weigh the pros and cons when making employment decisions and $$$ doesn’t always do the trick for me.

Very true. But then it's a short career as a pro footballer and for some of these guys this is the last big deal they will sign. Can't blame them for getting what they can, while they can.

Scherff is a prime example of that - I'm glad we are not the guys giving him that deal personally.

10 minutes ago, Conn said:

Good player and good signing. He's been a very productive pass rusher over the last couple of seasons.

• Like 3

McLaurin    Engram   Bates XXXXX Thomas    Samuel

Looks pretty sweet to me. Engram and Logan Thomas (when he’s 100%) operate as big slots essentially, Bates is still a 6th OL and safety valve, two high paid explosive WRs on the outside and Dyami developing and rotating in when he’s ready. Wentz loves TEs and he loves attacking down the seam and in the middle of the field 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Wentz would make TE Evan Engram a pro bowler....we could move him all over the place and create mismatches. Would love to get him here to pair with LT. 

Evan Engram is awful! Sure all the physical attributes needed at tight end but a head case and maybe the worst hands. He couldn’t catch Covid if he was in the Wuhan clinic. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

Evan Engram is awful! Sure all the physical attributes needed at tight end but a head case and maybe the worst hands. He couldn’t catch Covid if he was in the Wuhan clinic. 

This is extremely overblown his hands aren’t nearly that bad. He’s acquired the bust label and the bad hands label but neither are really accurate. No, he won’t have elite hands. He also won’t cost elite money and you know he can excel as a big slot.

Have not heard anything about him being a headcase, that would matter to me. Details?