Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

54 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Looking at the latest Cap space we have 10.5m space. But looking at GB they are still 44m Over the cap. We should have plenty of time to sort some contracts out, now GB is another matter. 

It's not an issue. Since no team (that I could find as least) has ever been over the cap to start the league year the Pack will get there...and so will everyone else...just like every other year. And WSH will free up plenty of room for a FA or two...R.E.L.A.X.  😗

Edited by GhostofAlvinWalton
I spell like a kindergartner
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Uhhh....

Did we ever sign our Kicker?

No, but Brian Johnson is a ERFA and Joey Slye is a RFA so we have rights to both and either one will be cheap to sign.  Both did well last year

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, RWJ said:

No, but Brian Johnson is a ERFA and Joey Slye is a RFA so we have rights to both and either one will be cheap to sign.  Both did well last year

hope we sign them both and let them compete

Still thinking we need OL help. Ive mentioned a couple G already.

What about James Daniels, Bears interior OL. Can play both guard positions and centre, versatility which Rivera loves. Slightly inconsistent 2021 but still young, think I read he will still only be 24 when FA starts.

• Like 2

Examining the NFL's biggest movers and shakers (for better or worse) entering 2022 free agency (cbssports.com) 

Top 100 free agents for the 2022 season up to date inc Wagner.

Another intriguing name that I had forgotten, Q. Diggs for FS.  He is an often overlooked safety who has quite frankly played much better than J Adams, understanding that they play different positions and have different skill sets.  Just a thought to ponder.

Edited by sebestian
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, sebestian said:

2022 NFL free agency: 7 linebackers the Commanders should target (usatoday.com)

I have been a strong backer of signing Campbell, however I ask did he have his best season becuase he is a lte bloomer or because he was going into free agency?

Damn there are some great options in there. No way in hell we should miss out on a vet MLB, which is what I think Rivera will want in the door first this week.

1 hour ago, sebestian said:

Examining the NFL's biggest movers and shakers (for better or worse) entering 2022 free agency (cbssports.com) 

Top 100 free agents for the 2022 season up to date inc Wagner.

Another intriguing name that I had forgotten, Q. Diggs for FS.  He is an often overlooked safety who has quite frankly played much better than J Adams, understanding that they play different positions and have different skill sets.  Just a thought to ponder.

Got to love the build up to FA. Plenty to go at. Would like to see LB, FS and OG brought in.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1

I am a much bigger supporter of a vet MLB then I am of a vet FS.  If we solidify the MLB position in FA, then we are wide open too make a multitude of moves in  the draft.  Guard, WR, FS, Trade down Corner, I mean I really like our position if we make this move!

Then I can give Rich Eisen a half a slap as well.  

On a side note who is on your personal half a slap list,  I got two so far, Rosengeek from around the NFL, and Rich Eisen.  

In no way do I advocate violence, its just a metaphor for people who annoy me.  Plus an Italian thing.

Edited by sebestian
add

16 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Hi all. Can someone please explain to me what cutting Collins will cost us? Thanks.

It doesnt 'cost' us anything. He we due to be paid 16M and still had 9.6M of his initial SB outstanding to be accounted for. So as a matter of cash flow, Snyder will save the 16M. For cap purposes, we have the outstanding bonus of 9.6M to account for. So We save a net 6.4M against the cap vs paying him 16M.

• Like 1

“I think he’s an ascending player,” head coach Arthur Smith said of Oluokun. “He’s really taken charge of this defense. He runs the show out there. He’s embraced his role and run with it this year. It’s been fun to watch his progress.”

“A lot of times young guys like that kind of give up the role of being a leader to guys who have always assumed that role,” defensive coordinator Dean Pees said via The Athletic. “Sometimes they are a little bit reluctant to be real vocal, like, ‘I am not trying to take over your leadership job,’ but I think he has learned that is part of his job, and it doesn’t take anything away from those guys.”

“Foye has been lighting it up,” Deion Jones said. “It’s a product of his hard work and how he attacks every week. It’s paying off well. He took the middle linebacker role and ran away with it. I’m happy for him.”

“He runs the show out there for us,” Pees said. “He is very, very intelligent and it means a lot to him. (The middle linebacker) has to sort everything out back there and he has to be conscientious. He is smart, he is physical, he is super conscientious. It’s important to him, and that’s what you want in that guy.”

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/the-case-for-the-falcons-to-re-sign-foyesade-oluokun/

Oluokun though is undersized, not a traditional Mike. 

My top choice would be D. Campbell or Wagner. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Still thinking we need OL help. Ive mentioned a couple G already.

What about James Daniels, Bears interior OL. Can play both guard positions and centre, versatility which Rivera loves. Slightly inconsistent 2021 but still young, think I read he will still only be 24 when FA starts.

I have a feeling we're going to try and sign Laken Tomlinson.   Mayhew drafted him and the 49ers traded for him when Mayhew was there.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, randyjohnson said:

Why haven’t we started to restructure contracts! Seems like every other team is creating cap space ! Why not us!

I’m anxious as well, they are going to create a lot of room, don’t worry. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

After watching this video (thank you for posting it) if Redskins one is not parked in his driveway on opening of fa, I am going to be po. This video makes me think he is the real deal.