Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread- Perpetually Pissed Philly vs The Legend of … Wait… Who the hell is this guy?

TK
Message added by TK,

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 10.06.59 PM.png

I think the problem with the D today was the fact that we had so many missing from the secondary. That put the dline on an island. They got gashed, but I think every part of the defense relies on every other part.  Being down our corners and Kurl hurt the run game because they felt they had to play more conservative pass D.

I could be wrong. Also, our depth was hurting which meant that our D got gassed especially since the O went three and out so many times. You could tell we didn't have legs because we blew up screens in the first, but by the fourth we couldn't get there at all.

• Like 3

Allen is a true leader. Earning that paycheck even in a loss.

Once we have a QB that can make a big play by hitting a guy in stride rather than throwing up a jump ball prayer this offense will evolve overnight. Much of those points we leave on the table will et added to the scoreboard

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, celticsalmon said:

Scott Turner and Jack Del Rio! 

Look, you just can’t put anything on Scott Turner.  

He was trying to coach and call a game with a QB who’s been here since 11am on Friday. Which is on its 4th center, backup RG, and is hurt T TE and WR.  And McKissic, who was big for this team.

Theres only so much you can do.

Now, Delrio in the other hand… he was somewhat impacted but much less so amd I don’t feel like they ever really adjusted or tried anything.

image.gif.cc2da998dacaeb4dc45bb821e012c4ec.gif

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think that's the right thing for Allen to say, but I think the reality is COVID played a huge role.

He also ate people alive and had no help.

He needs to wear the captain “C” next year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I'm not. JDR is the reason we even played games in December that meant anything. 

Oh cmon. Look at who we played against last year to get there. If you don’t think del Rio gets outcoached routinely, I don’t know what to tell you. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

I’m so ready to move on from Jack del Rio. It would also be nice to have NFL starting caliber linebackers. Have no idea how they picked Jamin Davis. He isn’t improving and just looks completely lost out there. 

Carlos Rogers and Jamin Davis are the only first round defensive picks we have made who I really dislike. When I see Jamin, I am filled with rage. I don’t know why. I don’t like the dude at all. Carlos was way more easy to hate but Jamin is the same for me. 

• Haha 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Carlos Rogers and Jamin Davis are the only first round defensive picks we have made who I really dislike. When I see Jamin, I am filled with rage. I don’t know why. I don’t like the dude at all. Carlos was way more easy to hate but Jamin is the same for me. 

I think it’s the knowledge that you know he doesn’t belong out there and isn’t learning or improving even when he’s out there. Multiple times tonight he was in the wrong gap or completely manhandled out of a play. He’s a bust and we should plan accordingly in the off-season. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Snyder is the ****ing worst. Idk why this one thing is sticking in my brain so badly, and it’s NOTHING compared to the real things, even crimes, he’s done or been accused of. Obviously.

But this one detail will stick with me forever. He is not only petty, not only unimaginative, not only corny and embarrassing…but he’s lame as ****. So lame to copy the dumb bench drama after Jerry punked him in his own house. I can’t even FATHOM it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

Oh cmon. Look at who we played against last year to get there. If you don’t think del Rio gets outcoached routinely, I don’t know what to tell you. 

Brother this defense has given up an average of 18 points a game since the bye, shut down Brady, Wilson and Carr. I dont know what to tell you either except the offense is utter trash and has lost us 2 straight games. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Brother this defense has given up an average of 18 points a game since the bye, shut down Brady, Wilson and Carr. I dont know what to tell you either except the offense is utter trash and has lost us 2 straight games. 

offense is bad as well. There’s no doubt. I don’t like Turner but am giving him a pass tonight. We played an totally ineffective Wilson; the offense was good enough against the raiders and tampa; I don’t know what to say really. But I know what my eyes tell me: somehow del Rio managed to have a defense underperform with two of its blue chip ends and the constant miscommunication in the secondary and confusion in the LB core has gone on all season. 

19 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I'm not. JDR is the reason we even played games in December that meant anything. 

Is he? It took him half the season to do what fans said all along should be done with Curl and Collins, our worst LB only hit the sidelines bc he got hurt, the secondary only started playing better once he simplified things…after half a season of failure. The defense has had a stretch where they’re keeping us in games for sure, I’m not taking that away from them. I’m questioning how much JDR is lowering their ceiling rather than helping them live up to it, though. There’s nothing special at all about his scheme in terms of putting guys in advantageous positions, and he wasn’t even playing to guys’ strengths until much more recently. And still isn’t with guys like William Jackson, who we’ve basically Josh Norman’d even though he came here with a rep for strong man coverage skills. I think we have to consider the possibility that we aren’t actually seeing the best this D could be with a more innovative and creative DC, despite the holes we have. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Davis looks like Tarzan and plays like a Peggy. At least Carlos was in position to make plays. Davis is never in position, and the few times he is there he isn't able to make any type of play. The NFL is just too fast for him.  Too early to give up on him. Maybe things slow down for him next year and he can improve during next off-season. But man does he stink. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

OK. I never say this. But we need to lose out. There are 4 or 5 starting caliber QB's in this draft. And if we lose out we will pick no lower than 7th. We have to draft a QB this year. It isnt even debatable anymore. If that guy needs to sit for a few games so be it. We must have and NFL caliber arm in this draft.

i see Corral and Pickett and that is about it for the 1st round. The rest of them look like mid round projects. 

3 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Davis looks like Tarzan and plays like a Peggy. At least Carlos was in position to make plays. Davis is never in position, and the few times he is there he isn't able to make any type of play. The NFL is just too fast for him.  Too early to give up on him. Maybe things slow down for him next year and he can improve during next off-season. But man does he stink. 

They should of taken JOK instead of Davis as he was the more talented player,But of course the FO thought differently and we all know how that has worked out as far as FA and drafting..

50 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude we aren’t eliminated from the playoffs post Christmas in each of his 2 years. This is as good as it gets. If you want more too bad. Dan is gonna Dan.

I do want more.  I want to see a disciplined football team that doesn’t barely limp into the playoffs with the most vanilla offense in the NFL.  Dan has nothing to do with Rivera’s performance as a coach.  I’ve been a fan for 40 years.  I expect better.  I’ll return to attending games when/if this team improves.  

24 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Snyder is the ****ing worst. Idk why this one thing is sticking in my brain so badly, and it’s NOTHING compared to the real things, even crimes, he’s done or been accused of. Obviously.

But this one detail will stick with me forever. He is not only petty, not only unimaginative, not only corny and embarrassing…but he’s lame as ****. So lame to copy the dumb bench drama after Jerry punked him in his own house. I can’t even FATHOM it. 

Honestly if he had just held his water and done it in Dallas I wouldn’t have hated it.  It would still have been stupid and petty but I would have understood.  

I also give him a pass for the asshole move with Nolan and the vanilla ice cream because it was kindof funny and actually spot on.  (It was a dick move though) 

Doing this with the Eagles was pointless and petty.

Have we gotten confirmation he had anything to do with it?  I mean, we assume. And I think we can assume correctly.  We know it wasn’t Ron.  I can’t think of who else it would be. But I don’t know if we know for sure it was his idea.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Honestly if he had just held his water and done it in Dallas I wouldn’t have hated it.  It would still have been stupid and petty but I would have understood.  

I also give him a pass for the asshole move with Nolan and the vanilla ice cream because it was kindof funny and actually spot on.  (It was a dick move though) 

Doing this with the Eagles was pointless and petty.

Have we gotten confirmation he had anything to do with it?  I mean, we assume. And I think we can assume correctly.  We know it wasn’t Ron.  I can’t think of who else it would be. But I don’t know if we know for sure it was his idea.  

You now have to wonder if he takes the loss out on Ron due to it making him look like a idiot..Just seems like something he would do..