Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

We need to find the next young QB for the future of the franchise. 

Changing tack and spending $35 million AAV on an aging veteran QB with the team as currently constructed in hopes of making the playoffs would be a terrible mistake though. TH is a good transition QB on the cheap and we're fortunate to have him for that purpose, no matter how he looks today. 

This team is easily a playoff team with someone like Aaron Rodgers at the helm. He probably doesn’t want to come here of course, but I don’t think people realize how much meat is being left on the bone almost every single play when you don’t have that level of QB, and what it means to get one—for both sides of the ball and team morale. 

But yeah, a Matt Ryan or the corpse of 33 year old Russel Wilson who can’t run anymore probably isn’t changing anything. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Cowboys are not ****ing good either. They're sloppy.

Fair. Dak could have easily had 3 picks in the 1st half if anyone besides Collins was able to hold onto the ball.  I think it is why they largely remain seen as the best team of a mediocre division but way behind the other 3 division leaders. 

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Cowboys are not ****ing good either. They're sloppy.

Yeah, the Dallas offense really hasn't been anything special today for the most part. They're moving the ball ok, but mostly settling for field goals and punting. But our offense is just so bad that it doesn't matter. This game easily could be 40-0 right now if their offense was more potent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The problem is that if he doesn’t turn it around it can do more damage. 

Flip side is that if he does it’s a major positive.

But today I don’t think he’s turning it around. Save him a bit and pull him. But they know better the mood on the sideline and atmosphere 

With you here.  It's not a dig at TH, it's to save him from forcing things and ****ing up his psyche with the continued failure.  Not to mention potential injury.

2 minutes ago, Capsman said:

I am really beginning to dislike Jamin Davis something serious.  Guy didn’t deserve to be a 4th round pick let alone a 1st.  

Right there with you.

Its borderline inconceivable that Ron and JDR could collectively screw up the LB position as bad as they have.  Davis - at best - is going to be an OK player, IMO.  Nothing more.  Certainly nothing befitting 1st or 2nd rounder.  Holcomb is just a guy who plays well occasionally but would be hard pressed to start on any other team.  And we've had to convert a S to a LB, who is just good.   We've got one of the worst LB squads in all of football.  Just unreal.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Who’s okay with it? I can’t take away wins. I tried using Jedi mind tricks on the standings but the force is not strong with me. 

Sorry that wasn’t at you just my frustration with this team tweaking around the edges and not addressing the real issue. And the INEVITABILITY of the whole cycle. Apologies haha

• Haha 1