Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

Just now, KDawg said:

No it isn’t. He’s been bad, he’s pressing and he’s seeing ghosts. Get him out and get him back next week. The only reason not to take him out is that you’re afraid Allen will be better and give us a chance and spark controversy.

Heinicke has been awful and he’s not right out there. 

so the answer is to just bench the starter when he has a bad game?  The entire offense looks terrible. The line, the run game, the game plan, all the way down. Turner of course is incapable of adjustments and so we won’t see any changes but putting this all on Taylor is absurd. He’s a young QB and has earned the right to try and work through adversity here. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

yeh, you could maybe do a stretch like some noob freshman in a psych class with a friendly audience, but i think it would be especially shaky to argue it with someone whose 'lesser' degree is a doctorate in clinical psych and practiced it for over twenty years and is in no mood for such a dialogue at this time anyway, so i agree with your decision making here 😛

and i salute the rest of your post :) 

image.jpeg.5c59ed0114346765b02306fbd3c003a9.jpeg

• Haha 4

Just now, ClaytoAli said:

If anyone doesn’t think we need a QB, here’s the game that explains why.

We need to find the next young QB for the future of the franchise. 

Changing tack and spending $35 million AAV on an aging veteran QB with the team as currently constructed in hopes of making the playoffs would be a terrible mistake though. TH is a good transition QB on the cheap and we're fortunate to have him for that purpose, no matter how he looks today. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

If anyone doesn’t think we need a QB, here’s the game that explains why.

We need one. Unfortunately I don’t think we’re going to be in a position to get one. I’d love to be wrong. I’m also not as down on Heinicke as many and I think he’s an adequate stop gap. I just don’t see us as a definitive contender with him. Though he absolutely gives you the chance to catch lightning in a bottle. Which is why I’m good with him as a stopgap. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AJ* said:

Heinicke has had a bad game but that ball was caught...and dropped lol. I'm not going to blame him for that. That's what great receivers are supposed to do. Come down with those kind of catches. I see it in every other NFL game. That's what playmakers do.

….that is an untouched walk-in TD if he has an NFL arm. Instead McLaurin had to come back for it and do mid-air gymnastics over defenders just to try to catch it. Yeah it would be nice if he held it because he’s good enough to usually make that play, but COME ON. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJ* said:

Are you serious? You seriously didn't see that ball was secured and caught?

Landing on your back from 6 feet in the air is not an easy catch by any means. If Heinicke had even an average NFL arm it wouldn’t have come to that.  He seems to have little recognition of his arm limitations. Had an easy 1st down run.  

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

yeh, you could maybe do a stretch like some noob freshman in a psych class with a friendly audience, but i think it would be especially shaky to argue it with someone whose 'lesser' degree is a doctorate in clinical psych and practiced it for over twenty years and is in no mood for such a dialogue at this time anyway, so i agree with your decision making here 😛

and i salute the rest of your post :) 

You've only got a doctorate and 20 years and the humility to never flaunt it?  God, and to think I used to respect you.  🤢

• Haha 2

Just now, skins4eva said:

so the answer is to just bench the starter when he has a bad game?  The entire offense looks terrible. The line, the run game, the game plan, all the way down. Turner of course is incapable of adjustments and so we won’t see any changes but putting this all on Taylor is absurd. He’s a young QB and has earned the right to try and work through adversity here. 

If you want a chance? Yes. Say he’s banged up. Say he’s hurt. Protect him. But get him out.