Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Carolina: You Cam Go Home Again

TK

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Fitz will retire. Heini will get an extension of 1 or 2 years. We will draft a qb to develop and challenge TH for the job.

For once, you might be right...but I think the rookie has a lot to learn.  

TH is our QB.  He's proven it for 2 straight games, against the supposed goat and who was supposed to be the other.   Our defense is continuing to stop.  We're OK for now.  One game at a time. 

2 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Taylor is a gamer.  I like him.  But I’m still drafting a QB.  There are areas where he’s limited.

I hear ya....but this league is so hard that some of the best prospects take years to learn the league or in most cases never do. Taylor has shown that he can not only compete but can win against the biggest name QB's in the sport. That is not easy to find. I'm cool with drafting a QB with all the bells and whistles but if we don't I'm good with that too. Taylor offers more than many QB's do; he's smart, is very mobile and can read defenses....not to mention he's competitive as hell. He checks off a lot of boxes even if he's not perfect. 

I live outside of Philly and I find myself comparing TH to Jaylen Hurts (who many in Philly think is not gonna be the answer cause he's not accurate as a passer). All I see is both of them balling out and making plays....meanwhile, kids like Wilson (Jets), Fields (Bears) and countless others either are struggling terribly or will never figure it out. Look at Darnold, Rosen, and several other high draft picks and how poorly they're doing in the league. 

I get wanting more but what we have is pretty good....I'm not gonna take TH for granted. We can win with Taylor if everyone does their job. Hell, if Gibson doesn't fumble in the redzone it could've been even easier today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I hear ya....but this league is so hard that some of the best prospects take years to learn the league or in most cases never do. Taylor has shown that he can not only compete but can win against the biggest name QB's in the sport. That is not easy to find. I'm cool with drafting a QB with all the bells and whistles but if we don't I'm good with that too. Taylor offers more than many QB's do; he's smart, is very mobile and can read defenses....not to mention he's competitive as hell. He checks off a lot of boxes even if he's not perfect. 

I live outside of Philly and I find myself comparing TH to Jaylen Hurts (who many in Philly think is not gonna be the answer cause he's not accurate as a passer). All I see is both of them balling out and making plays....meanwhile, kids like Wilson (Jets), Fields (Bears) and countless others either are struggling terribly or will never figure it out. Look at Darnold, Rosen, and several other high draft picks and how poorly they're doing in the league. 

I get wanting more but what we have is pretty good....I'm not gonna take TH for granted. We can win with Taylor if everyone does their job. Hell, if Gibson doesn't fumble in the redzone it could've been even easier today.

He’s had a couple good games.  But I haven’t forgotten the ones where he struggled mightily.  It’s not just wanting more, it’s needing more.  And if we want to compete with the best the league has to offer we need more.  We lose just one more game and I’m not sure we’re having this discussion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JesseNeckred said:

I have a new superstition.  I did something during both of these games in a row.  I'll do it every week.  I won't say what it is, that's how you jinx these things lol.

During the Nats World Series run, during (I think) game 7, there was a poster who will remain nameless who thought they were going to lose, so he went “upstairs” with his wife.

When he came back “downstairs” the Nats had taken the lead.  (btw, it didn’t seem like he was gone for very long, but that’s another story.) We told him to get his ass back upstairs with his wife so we could get more runs.  

We won.  And I think his wife was happy too… 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

He’s had a couple good games.  But I haven’t forgotten the ones where he struggled mightily.  It’s not just wanting more, it’s needing more.  And if we want to compete with the best the league has to offer we need more.  We lose just one more game and I’m not sure we’re having this discussion.

He's been above-average.

91.4 rating

2390 yards

66% completion rate and 7.3 yds/att

15 TD/9 INT

276 rushing yards

And of course the intangibles we've all seen.That's a huge asset.  Plus, bone-headed plays are starting to be less frequent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

He's been above-average.

91.4 rating

2390 yards

15 TD/9 INT

276 rushing yards

And of course the intangibles we've all seen.That's a huge asset.  Plus, bone-headed plays are starting to be less frequent.

Highest possible QBR is 158.3.  You’d be surprised to see how many QB’s are over 100.

16 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

He's been above-average.

91.4 rating

2390 yards

15 TD/9 INT

276 rushing yards

Heinicke is having a similar season passing as Justin Herbert. Many around the league seem to be fawning over Justin. 🤔 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

Look at the elite QBs in the league and you'll see they, too, have had some duds. While TH has his flaws, I still think he can be a starter with solid protection and weapons. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Califan007 said:

It was. You just can't star Superman in a Cinderella story. You can cast an undrafted, unwanted guy like Heinike as Cinderella though. 

10 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Here's the big question. 

Heinike had a few good games. Then, the league sort of figured him out and he struggled. After the bye, Heinike figured out how the league was playing him and came up with a counter?

I don't know if that's true, but I do know that a player's need to adapt and grow because defenses study film. If the offense did learn to counterpunch and we see much more of good Heinike through the rest of the season that'll tell us a lot.

• Like 1