Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tampa Tom vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke: The Rematch

TK

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Permaban anyone who talks about our draft position after this win.

Watching TB12 and Suh looking absolutely disgusted on the sideline has been by far the most satisfying thing about this awful season.

My thoughts exactly, especially Suh.

Edited by Catatonic

Good game, just wasn't Tampa's day.  But, all this does is increase the draft position.  This team is not going to win out.  This team will not make the playoffs.  This team will be average at best, probably below average.  So, we sacrifice draft status for winning a couple of games.  To that I say:

1.  Still have the same owner

2.  Been in this position for decades running with nothing to show it will end.

Until this team can acquire quality talent, talent that makes an impact.  We got Terry, but have we gotten anyone else?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

THIS is the football team everyone expected at the beginning of the season, right?  A competent offense, a swarming defense. How refreshing to see football played like that.

This is the correct assessment I think, if this is what we’d been getting since week 1 (and many did expect it) it would be a very different season and vibe around here.

• Like 1

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Every game remaining, now appears winnable, and much more winnable after beating that team.

A late season surge for the playoffs is surely not out of the question

Our only chance would be sweeping both Dallas games because there's no chance of a wild card spot.

2 minutes ago, cougs said:

While I love that we won, this is a false positive. This team is not that good and it seems the Team win mess this up and get another mid  round pick. 

We just saw (again) what can happen to high draft picks. Just enjoy the day!! 

• Like 2

Just now, PartyPosse said:

no chance of a wild card spot.

We play Carolina next week, they have the last spot now, the 8th seed is Atlanta and we beat them and Seattle is right behind them and we play them in 2 weeks.

I hate to say it but the 7th seed is still very possible, unlikely but possible.

6 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

Good game, just wasn't Tampa's day.  But, all this does is increase the draft position.  This team is not going to win out.  This team will not make the playoffs.  This team will be average at best, probably below average.  So, we sacrifice draft status for winning a couple of games.  To that I say:

Until this team can acquire quality talent, talent that makes an impact.  We got Terry, but have we gotten anyone else?

Deleted my negativity. Now is not the time. 

Edited by Catatonic

2 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

Jesus Christ,

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS POST??

DO YOU OWN A WET BLANKET FACTORY?

I don't get people who make it their mission to rain on parades. The team has won 3 games in 2 months and yet still some have to make sure to try and ruin it.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2