Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Denver Broncos Prediction Thread: Mile High Meltdown Coming?

skins island connection

If we can see the same game we did against green bay ....hell if the rest of the season each game was like the one against green bay I'd be happy..look good while helping out the opposing team run.time.off the clock lol...end the season with 2 wins..im.sure we would be drafring.pretty high 

This game is winnable. I dont really want to though. Being top ten in the draft puts us in good position to draft QB and then the top safeties or linebacker in round 2. I still think we're going to get about 4 or 5 more wins this year and this is probably one of them.

IF

Saahdiq Charles can fill in adequately at RT,

Sims/Humphries/Milne can get open enough to be a reliable outlet world when McLaurin's getting blanketed

Seals-Jones can step up and get open and catch like Logan Thomas

Turner can figure how to use McKissic/Carter/Peterson in RB roles to compensate for a hobbling Gibson...

WFT's D-line pressure can minimize Bridgewater's ability to connect with Jeudy on the in-laws

THEN WFT can win this game 27-24. 

I'm hoping for Heinicke to move the offense today; because the Team needs this win badly, to retain a competitor's mindset... and to trust in their teammates and coaches ability to be winners. 

I don't want to see the losses pile up and the Team sink into a loser's mindset, simply to be able to draft 7th or 8th in the upcoming draft.    It's important Washington still be able to believe in their ability to bring home a victory when they're leading in 4th quarter, or to snatch a victory out of the jaws of defeat, when they're behind.

Edited by Wyvern

TH spreads the ball around, hits Dyami for two 20+ receptions and involves Humphries a lot more.

Seals-Jones and McKissic will be busy.

Defense applies pressure affecting Bridgewater causing turnovers.

Team wins by 1 on a last minute Blewit 3 pointer

31 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

TH spreads the ball around, hits Dyami for two 20+ receptions and involves Humphries a lot more.

Seals-Jones and McKissic will be busy.

Defense applies pressure affecting Bridgewater causing turnovers.

Team wins by 1 on a last minute Blewit 3 pointer

That’s cool but Dyami isn’t playing today.

I predict I won’t be watching.

Is it too early to be looking at draft position for this year's draft? 

If it is too early, I want Washington to win which means they will lose 20-17.  If it is not too early, I want Washington to lose which means they will win 20-17.

I can honestly say I don't know if I want them to win or lose.  Be that as it may, I believe Washington is going to win.

WFT 20

Denver 17

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

This game is winnable. I dont really want to though. Being top ten in the draft puts us in good position to draft QB and then the top safeties or linebacker in round 2. I still think we're going to get about 4 or 5 more wins this year and this is probably one of them.

But then we’d be bowl eligible?  🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Dang, knew he didn't practice early this week but thought he was back. 

bust.

maybe not Doctson-level bust, but not impressing me at all

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Then don't spend all week talking about the team.

I really don't understand how people will not watch the games and then **** all week about how we played. Doesn't make any sense.

A…are you criticizing me for something I haven’t even done yet?

14 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

bust.

maybe not Doctson-level bust, but not impressing me at all

It's a shame the injury bug slammed the O early with Fitz and Samuel. Went from high flying potential to low flying

Still early on Dyami but yeah, has looked cruddy so far

Edited by DWinzit
spelling correction

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't know how to predict, because I don't know how our new kicker is going to handle the Mile High wind gusts,

"Blewitt lines up for the potential game-winning field goal....and....No Good....the wind blew it !!! NO, NO, NO, Chris Blewitt !"

[@Mal ....no disrespect intended and nothing aimed at you specifically.   It's just that I'm seeing so many posts where ES fans are saying how Washington will somehow blow it and lose again.  I needed an example post to use in order to inject a little humor about that fact and yours was the first example post I found when I was scrolling back.] 

On a serious note, considering  all these negative expectations popping up on a Washington fan base message board, this is another reason why I'd like to see Washington pull out this week's Win in the road and maybe create a glimmer of hope for the Team's fortunes going into the weeks ahead.  

Perhaps a convincing Win might re-kindle a sense that m-a-y-b-e Ron's rebuild is making some progress.  I'd rather have some anticipation of hope ahead, than feel stuck in a never-ending cycle of gloom-&-doom expectations.

POST GAME EDIT:  To Malapropismic Depository ....you were so right about Blewitt.  I wanted to stay optimistic because This looked winnable, but....

This was a depressing loss on so many levels.  I don't know how the Team can feel good about themselves after this loss.  I suppose the defense can point to keeping an anemic Denver offense to a low total, but that's a bit hollow when you consider all the third down conversions they still gave up.

Edited by Wyvern