Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

LOL, I'm not taking sides here, I would play Sam but I think Ron will think that peoples perception will be that we're giving up on the season and he'll be worried about the players feeling the same

I actually don’t care if they play Heineke.  It’s not as if the football has been fun to watch to this point.  I just have no interest in re-litigating his play with the Hive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I binge watched Friday Night Lights recently and Taylor Heinicke is basically our Matt Saracen. Hopefully he can provide the same kind of spark Saracen did for the Dillon Panthers.

Not that I think he will be a spark, but do you really want that?  I’m all in on a disaster season.  The only way I’d stomach a spark is if by some small chance Howell caught lightning in a bottle. I have zero desire to see a couple gutsy wins against really bad teams that lose draft position.  ‘Winning’ Thursday night was bad enough.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Be honest guys...how much of the desire to start Howell is based off of where you had him slotted in your mock drafts? lol...

I know you are half kidding, but I will answer but only for myself - not at all. I thought him to be a mid round project. My desire to see him play is directly related to seeing if they gotplucky, just one ****ing time. I want them to see him play in the NFL so they know what they need to do in next year draft. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Koolblue13 changed the title to The Official QB Thread- The Big Top is Erected. Green Wigs, Red noses honking. It's Moxie Season!

Howells time is coming soon. Just not now. I give Heiny 2 losses and they yank him especially if the east keeps churning out wins. IF he wins the next two and gets us to 500 then its a whole new season. Howell looked good against scrubs however I think he needs a year to absorb the pro game and iron out his flaws but a few games to see what he has would be exciting. Most of us know Heiny is not the future but Ron will go Heiny until the fat lady has sung.

• Like 1

Leave it to this fanbase to demand to see a 5th rd pick thinking they're gonna do something.

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I know you are half kidding, but I will answer but only for myself - not at all. I thought him to be a mid round project. My desire to see him play is directly related to seeing if they gotplucky, just one ****ing time. I want them to see him play in the NFL so they know what they need to do in next year draft. 

Short of Howell looking like Mahomes, they need to go QB no matter what.  The small sample they would get should in no way impact their decision.  

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

36 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Leave it to this fanbase to demand to see a 5th rd pick thinking they're gonna do something.

As opposed to seeing an undrafted guy we already saw a full season of?

I seriously doubt folks are under the impression he’s going to light the world on fire, but what do they have to lose?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Short of Howell looking like Mahomes, they need to go QB no matter what.  The small sample they would get should in no way impact their decision.  

Exactly where did I say I expected anything out of him!!  I specifcally said I had a mid rd project grade on him in the very post you quoted, meaning I do not expect much if anything. I just want to see him get some playing time to make sure of what they have which could be zero on maybe a solid #2 instead of just assuming. And maybe they got really lucky, again implying I do not expect a thing out of him. But let's at least see him play. The other 2 are **** and we know that for sure. No reason to play either one of them. 

Please read comments more carefully before responding.  

Give Heinicke 5 games. Two winnable games (Colts, Texans) and three tough games (Packers, Vikings, Eagles). If he pulls out a winning record in that stretch, he stays in. If he and/or the team struggles, Sam Howell makes his debut against the Falcons.

Wentz can come back wen he's healthy but in no event do you let him come back before missing 6-7 games. AKA the threshold for the conditional 2nd. You have to ensure he misses at least 30% of snaps this season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

It will function like a real NFL offense like it did for most of last year. Right now it’s basically long ball or 3 and out 15 yards back from where we started. 

For the record I was open to the Wentz trade, but I always thought the narrative on heineke was way over the top. It’s based on the division games at the end of the year which was a skeleton crew. We have much better/healthier skills guys. Heineke and our 3 backs will provide a much more dynamic run game. The team will have an identity at the very least. 

It’s sad the lengths some of y’all go to dismiss his game. Like he just brings nothing to the table and didn’t win a single game last year. There were people yelling all off season how stupid it would have been to not make a trade like Wentz because it’s punting on the season. I somewhat agreed it was worth the try. But you see where that got us? No where. Down 28 mil and 2 thirds. Crippling? Certainly not. But definitely could have used those resources to bolster the team around the QB, and then maybe go all in on the 2023 draft or roll with a guy like Howell after soaking up the game from the sidelines for a year.

You may not GAF about what anyone’s opinion is on your opinion and that’s great. But it’s clear as day you don’t actually respect heineke or anything about his game. Maybe his story, but you (and many others) consistently act like heineke is the biggest joke of an option at the QB position. He’s not.

Some people here don't realize that if this team didn't get hit with covid we would probably be in the playoffs as Heinieke as our starter.

• Confused 1

Removing all bias, no way anyone can say the offense would wouldn’t be better with Taylor or Wentz at this point. Wentz has not provided anything more than below to average football, the level Heineke established and maintained last year. 

I jumped off the Taylor train due to his surprising inconsistency in the short game and deciding to not play “balls to the wall”. From my view, he must squeeze out every ounce of his ability throughout games to hit his ceiling of being an above average starter. His run didn’t impact games enough at all.