Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

14 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He’s not a small dude.

The tape says he has difficulty seeing receivers from the upper atmosphere. Even Anthony Mix, who he is taller than.

NFL aint ready for this war crime

Tall.jpg.08ea79d86e3601a26c3437229488b485.jpg

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Haha 13

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Then that would mean Ron is liar when he said TH will backup Wentz after the draft.

Ron said TH would be a backup. He didn't say for how long. He has served admirably these past few months, but his watch is now ended. 🌘

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

Then that would mean Ron is liar when he said TH will backup Wentz after the draft.

I think Ron was saying that as of now Heinicke is the backup and so he's the assumed backup at this point. But that doesn't mean it can't change depending on how Howell looks in the coming months.

But I agree that cutting TH would be completely rando at this point. We have our starter and two rookies who haven't taken a single snap yet outside of college so they're complete unknowns.

Heinicke may not be a starting caliber NFL QB, but at least we know he can play in a pinch and we have him for very cheap. No need to cut him.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

Maybe this should just be titled the "I Don't Like Heinicke And Refuse To Include His Name" thread.

Koolblue doesn't like TH since he is not NFL caliber due to his arm strength. Even though his title is still QB. Wouldn't expect any better from a person who is also an Eagles fan too...lol

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Right now Heinicke is the #2 QB. That can change tomorrow.

I dont know how it hasnt already changed. Not a huge Howell fan. But at least he can threaten every part of the field with his arm. Heinike cannot do that. He just cant. I respect what Heinike did for the franchise. He played admirably and with guts. But he no longer fits with the other arms in the QB room. And lets not pretend he wasnt paid. He earned 2.1 million dollars last year. And has earned over 4 million in his career. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know how it hasnt already changed. Not a huge Howell fan. But at least he can threaten every part of the field with his arm. Heinike cannot do that. He just cant. I respect what Heinike did for the franchise. He played admirably and with guts. But he no longer fits with the other arms in the QB room. And lets not pretend he wasnt paid. He earned 2.1 million dollars last year. And has earned over 4 million in his career. 

Because coaches aren't going to side with the unknown versus a guy they had all season last year and part of the year prior immediately.

It's a bad look in the locker room, too.

Heinicke will be given every shot to compete. If it's determined than one or both of the rookies make this offense better than Heinicke will be cut. But not until then. And until they prove it, Heinicke is the incumbent #2. When/if they cut him they'll be 100% sure they have the guys that can do it. 

• Like 10
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Because coaches aren't going to side with the unknown versus a guy they had all season last year and part of the year prior immediately.

It's a bad look in the locker room, too.

Heinicke will be given every shot to compete. If it's determined than one or both of the rookies make this offense better than Heinicke will be cut. But not until then. And until they prove it, Heinicke is the incumbent #2. When/if they cut him they'll be 100% sure they have the guys that can do it. 

Yeah. I am not so much about cutting him. We have him on the cheap. And I dont think they will name Howell #2 even if he is the #2 to try to prevent a QB controversy and keep pressure off of Wentz. But if Wentz goes down watch how quick Heinike becomes the #2 under Howell. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Koolblue doesn't like TH since he is not NFL caliber due to his arm strength. Even though his title is still QB. Wouldn't expect any better from a person who is also an Eagles fan too...lol

If I was just an eagles fan, I'd be more of a Heini holer than you, because I'd want to take command of 4rth place in the East.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Heinicke has NFL starting experience, knows the system and has won games. he has shown he can play at an NFL level - with limitations. He's a good backup option. Howell will start as the #3 and be given time to learn the scheme and develop. If he plays well in camp and preseason could he overtake Heinicke - absolutely. But you don't just hand the job to him. 

Put it this way, if Wentz gets hurt in the first half of the opening game, right now would you feel better about Heinicke coming out or Howell. Has to be Heinicke right now.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Put it this way, if Wentz gets hurt in the first half of the opening game, right now would you feel better about Heinicke coming out or Howell. Has to be Heinicke right now.

In theory I'd agree, but in practice I don't think Heinicke can last long before he'd have to get pulled. It would be cutting it close to what happened in 2019. Keenum was better than Heinicke in my books, and he got the plug pulled early. Yes, it was for a 1st round pick and Sam Howell isn't a first round pick, but if Heinicke plays ugly like he did to end the season, not many people are going to care about how late a draft pick anybody was.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

There's absolutely no reason to cut Heinicke, just yet. He knows the offense, can win some games at a pinch and seems to be a popular guy with his team mates.

Everyone knows his limitations, including himself, but he'll also have another off-season to improve (although his arm strength is what it is at this point). He should go into camp as QB2 and battle it out. Whether he starts the season as QB2 or QB3 (or QB4 😲) remains to be seen.

3 minutes ago, London Kev said:

There's absolutely no reason to cut Heinicke, just yet. He knows the offense, can win some games at a pinch and seems to be a popular guy with his team mates.

Everyone knows his limitations, including himself, but he'll also have another off-season to improve (although his arm strength is what it is at this point). He should go into camp as QB2 and battle it out. Whether he starts the season as QB2 or QB3 (or QB4 😲) remains to be seen.

Or QB0.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Right now Heinicke is the #2 QB. That can change tomorrow.

Yeah Ron humiliated Heinicke (unintentionally) enough with talking all off season about how QB is a code red spot and openly talked about how badly they need to improve it.   

If he annoited Howell from the jump as the backup it would be unseemly especially in the context of everything that has happened already this off season.

Having said that, I'd put money that if Howell outplays Heinicke in the off season camps, he will have a shot to unseat Heincke as the back up.

Howell is miles more talented IMO than Heinicke -- among other things, he has a much stronger arm and is more accurate. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

In theory I'd agree, but in practice I don't think Heinicke can last long before he'd have to get pulled. It would be cutting it close to what happened in 2019. Keenum was better than Heinicke in my books, and he got the plug pulled early. Yes, it was for a 1st round pick and Sam Howell isn't a first round pick, but if Heinicke plays ugly like he did to end the season, not many people are going to care about how late a draft pick anybody was.

He lasted 17 games last season and played decently overall. If he has to play and plays badly or we have a poor record and no playoff spot then you would absolutely start to look at Howell. But Howell has to show he deserves that shot and can be better than Heinicke. As you say we are talking about a QB taken in the 5th round here not a 1st round pick. There is no pressure to play him until he is ready (or you are in a position where he is the last man standing!)

• Like 2