Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Y’all don’t like people disagreeing with you lol. That ain’t a Llevron problem honestly 

That's simply not true.

Also, I don't like when you contradict me. Our friendship is now over.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Giants really should be moving up for a QB. 

I'm hoping they channel their inner Al Davis and draft a placekicker in the 1st.

.... also, we need some sort of psyop to get them to sign Cheeseman...

Edited by DiscoBob

23 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I wanna defend Jay Gruden for a day just to **** with y’all but I think I have used up all my political capital on publicity stunt gate. I have made mistakes this week. 🙁

Nothing good ever comes of defending a blithering baffoon. 

One event that continuously hovers in the back of my mind is the way the Kliff Kingsbury hire happened. 

Kliff coached in Arizona when Jayden played at ASU. He has to have known how close Jayden and Antonio Pierce are, which may have been the primary reason he decided to become the Raiders OC - he knew they’d do everything in their power to get Daniels and he really wants to coach the kid. 

My tinfoil hat conspiracy theory is that someone (read: Magic Johnson) convinced Kingsbury we would be drafting “his QB” in Daniels at #2 overall. When this came out, everyone immediately assumed it meant we’d trade up for Caleb Williams, but that never had a chance in hell of happening. I think Kingsbury was convinced the Raiders had no chance of getting Daniels, so he reneged on his agreement with them and went to the team that gave him a wink and nod promise that we would be the ones to draft him. 

I posted this back in February I believe and it was shot down back when everyone had Maye as the no brainer #2 pick… but this scenario is looking more and more likely IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

One event that continuously hovers in the back of my mind is the way the Kliff Kingsbury hire happened. 

Kliff coached in Arizona when Jayden played at ASU. He has to have known how close Jayden and Antonio Pierce are, which may have been the primary reason he decided to become the Raiders OC - he knew they’d do everything in their power to get Daniels and he really wants to coach the kid. 

My tinfoil hat conspiracy theory is that someone (read: Magic Johnson) convinced Kingsbury we would be drafting “his QB” in Daniels at #2 overall. When this came out, everyone immediately assumed it meant we’d trade up for Caleb Williams, but that never had a chance in hell of happening. I think Kingsbury was convinced the Raiders had no chance of getting Daniels, so he reneged on his agreement with them and went to the team that gave him a wink and nod promise that we would be the ones to draft him. 

I posted this back in February I believe and it was shot down back when everyone had Maye as the no brainer #2 pick… but this scenario is looking more and more likely IMO. 

Daniels was “meh” at best in ASU. Why would KK wanna coach that?

Meanwhile Maye was at his best running a variant of Kk’s air raid.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Is he better than moonlighting fans and message board posters?.... Yes

There is no proof this is actually true. 

His point of view on just about all topics is worthless.  When you try something and fail miserably, you shouldn’t be asked about your opinion about the thing you failed miserably at.  

@rhyno

Actually the thread has gone through various phases.

And you apparently missed the flood of new members who are apparently lsu fans and who slammed the board with endless pro Jaden posts and a million links to write ups from every body on the internet who liked JD.

Lsu has a major program with a very large following.

in a few weeks after that the pro Maye camp became more assertive in their resistance to the persistent aggressive lobbying of those some might describe as "noobs who were here only as sycophants of JD and not just as longtime fans of this team."

At this time we do have more active posters who want Maye first than anyone not named Caleb. And going back to early declarations to now, Maye had a lead. It seems to have grown in the last month.

Meanwhile, that new-member fire hose of pro JD stuff has died down recently. Some have already dropped out of posting.

This dynamic is not new. When we have a pick in the top 10-15 we sometimes get a handful of new accounts opened by college fans of a potential pick and they usually fade away if their guy doesn't get picked or pan out.

• Like 3

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Daniels was “meh” at best in ASU. Why would KK wanna coach that?

Meanwhile Maye was at his best running a variant of Kk’s air raid.

We don’t know his preference at QB when it comes to traits… he’s coached every variety of QB you can imagine. 

What we do know is he likes to attack teams short and deep (unlike a Ben Johnson intermediate-attacking offense), and he likes to use his QB’s legs as a weapon. That could easily be Daniels. From the way scouts and other coaches talk about him, Daniels is an OC’s dream QB if he fits their offense - and I think Daniels fits Kingsbury’s offense to a T. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I remember when we were swarmed by Hawaiians! For a back up lol

The Cult of Colt was a legit cult, man. That thread was straight up wild. The Heiny Hivers had nothing on them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There is no proof this is actually true. 

His point of view on just about all topics is worthless.  When you try something and fail miserably, you shouldn’t be asked about your opinion about the thing you failed miserably at.  

There's also no proof that it isn't true.  And no, our draft record during his tenure doesn't count unless we know exactly which picks he made vs others in the organization, and then compare those hit rates to his peers.  Something I'm unwilling to spend the time doing!

My point is simple - an ex-player, long time coach is better equipped to evaluate prospects than a bunch of internet fans or amateur scouts.  Maybe not 100% of the time, but very close.

To say otherwise is pretty clearly a personal bias, likely due to his coaching success here.

Edited by DiscoBob

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

The Cult of Colt was a legit cult, man. That thread was straight up wild. The Heiny Hivers had nothing on them.

It was sad when they left honestly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I remember when we were swarmed by Hawaiians! For a back up lol

No idea how a 6th rounder QB got so many fans online from Hawaii.

I think I was one of like 3 posters here that was talking about how much better Chase Daniel looked. Hell, he looked better than Jason🕯️

Edited by SkinsFTW

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

And to be fair, Colt >>>>>>> TH, including providing himself with appropriate sleeping arrangements as an adult. 👹

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I could easily see JJ having more immediate success than any other QB in this draft after Williams, and I could see us being laughed at for “passing” on him.

But I don’t think he has the ceiling of a Maye or Daniels, and that will play out long term. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Nothing good ever comes of defending a blithering baffoon. 

And yet I will continue to stand up for you and I will keep TK from giving you that Eastwood "get off my lawn" avatar and changing your ES handle to "Voice_of_Grievance" 👍

• Haha 15

6 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

There's also no proof that it isn't true.  And no, our draft record during his tenure doesn't count unless we know exactly which picks he made vs others in the organization, and then compare those hit rates to his peers.  Something I'm unwilling to spend the time doing!

My point is simple - an ex-player, long time coach is better equipped to evaluate prospects than a bunch of internet fans or amateur scouts.  Maybe not 100% of the time, but very close.

To say otherwise is pretty clearly a personal bias, likely due to his coaching success here.

What’s funny is that one of Jay’s best skills was player evaluation. Ioannidis and Holcomb were his finds as examples.

I don’t put Haskins on him at all - clearly didn’t want him. He didn’t want Alex Smith either. The only time he got to “pick” his QB was when he named Kirk starter over RG3 and Colt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

I'm happy that Jay isn't the coach anymore, but most of the "Jay is an idiot" takes seem to be based on his coaching record here.

Well yeah.  We know Jay is a drunken clown who is emblematic of the mom and pop hiring their idiot nephews culture of nepotism that riddles the NFL.  Why would we take anything he does seriously?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I could easily see JJ having more immediate success than any other QB in this draft after Williams, and I could see us being laughed at for “passing” on him.

But I don’t think he has the ceiling of a Maye or Daniels, and that will play out long term. 

For my money, I think JJ has the highest ceiling of any of them with Caleb right up there with him. 

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I don’t want him drafted here because I know what y’all will do his entire career and a few month of it is fun, a few years is draining. 

This is the most disturbing and disheartening thing I’ve read today.

I hope that whoever we draft we will find a way to come together and support him as one— 

I didn’t always feel that way, but I’d like to share how I got there:

First of all the mandatory where I stand today loyalty oath:

I am not now, but once was, both a borderline fan of Drake Maye and later, a strong fan of Jayden Daniels.

However, I recently had what an alcoholic would call a moment of clarity or what someone of a more religous bent might call an epiphany, during the night of the long knives ie  the twitter/TopGolf/group interview fiasco last Wednesday night.

I became so unraveled, even unhinged, and disgusted by the events of that day that I idly contemplated taking my metaphorical old pitchfork and torch out of hock and making a trek to Jayden Daniells’ agent’s office, to register my displeasure personally.

Then it occurred to me in a flash of insight that all of the back and forth emotional upheavel and angst that I was dealing with over something that I have no control over was effecting me physically, emotionally, and worst of all spiritually, and it had to stop.

I needed to get my balance back. I needed a separate peace.

And like a minor miracle seemingly instantaneously all the furor and passion was gone.

I truly, after that moment, no longer cared WHO we selected to be our next signal caller. 

I would accept fully any decision our team made, and I would back him fully, whoever he was. He would have all the strength and passion  remaining in this old fan’s soul.

For the first time in the last few months I was at peace with all of it.

A burden I didn’t even realize I was carrying was taken off my shoulders and I felt like I was being propelled on the wings of eagles.

It’s a nice place to be. The view is so much better up here.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

For my money, I think JJ has the highest ceiling of any of them with Caleb right up there with him. 

Yeah he’s a bit more of an unknown but someone is going to get a very good QB when they pick him……

• Like 1