Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, method man said:

What’s funny is that one of Jay’s best skills was player evaluation. Ioannidis and Holcomb were his finds as examples.

I don’t put Haskins on him at all - clearly didn’t want him. He didn’t want Alex Smith either. The only time he got to “pick” his QB was when he named Kirk starter over RG3 and Colt

I would tend to agree.

I'm not out here claiming he's some kind of scouting savant or something, but the "he's total trash" take is typical internet fodder

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

No one wants to talk about that piece from the nfl.com draft article?

This was my favorite part from the section on Maye, straight from the "I have very clearly never watched a single snap of either of these guys" files:

"He's 6-5, he can definitely move around in the pocket. He's not going to be a statue. But he's closer to Brock Osweiler than he is to (Justin) Herbert in terms of athleticism for me," an AFC executive said

As a side note, I had no idea that water boys count as "executives" now.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 3

Jay is the biggest football related reason I checked out entirely. Not even him as much as the fact that Dan totally went against his first few years and just kept incompetent people years past the point it was clear they should have been fired. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

No idea how a 6th rounder QB got so many fans online from Hawaii.

Football in general is a cult. The LSU/SEC cult is more intense than many NFL teams. 

With Colt Brennan, he quickly elevated that school and entire island into the national spotlight. Some hawaii games had better ratings than Saturday morning games despite starting at midnight lol. He was in the heismann discussion and that team almost made a new years day bowl game. He was the only reason. 

its only natural that a player of that talent and impact would have a cult following at the next level, especially coming from a tiny crappy school like hawaii that gets one maybe two nfl players drafted per year, if that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DiscoBob said:

I would tend to agree.

I'm not out here claiming he's some kind of scouting savant or something, but the "he's total trash" take is typical internet fodder

He's a former Arena Football MVP, not a scout, nor successful HC, probably not all his fault but I don't know why we'd spend time listening to his opinion on much of anything.

He's kind of funny sometimes. Maybe he'd be better at stand-up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

We're all talking about it in PM. Everyone voted not to include you. I thought that was awful but my hands are tied. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

This was my favorite part from the section on Maye, straight from the "I have very clearly never watched a single snap of either of these guys" files:

As a side note, I had no idea that water boys count as "executives" now.

It was like the McGinn article where the scout blamed mccarthy for a "bad pass" instead of the obvious tip from Dallas Turner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

We're all talking about it in PM. Everyone voted not to include you. I thought that was awful but my hands are tied. 

Man, this place is just savage today. :ols:

But I'm done trying to stick up for people. I tried to stick up for @Llevron and I didn't even get a stupid t-shirt out of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ghost of said:

It was like the McGinn article where the scout blamed mccarthy for a "bad pass" instead of the obvious tip from Dallas Turner.

Buts that's because JJ didn't properly anticipate the defenders hand motions... without that trait, he's doomed

3 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

Jay is the biggest football related reason I checked out entirely. Not even him as much as the fact that Dan totally went against his first few years and just kept incompetent people years past the point it was clear they should have been fired. 

I wanted Jay fired after his first Thursday game. Think it was wk3 lol.

After that he actually got better but no of that mattered with Doofus Dan and the 🤡 show.

• Like 1

We should start an x or reddit acct named "ExtremePundits" and take turns on it.

A gloriously gushing fountain of unfounded, uniformed, outrageous, volatile, dumbass, and often just petty NFL takes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

16 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

I responded to it right after you posted, but apparently I didnt quote or tag you and then a bunch of other stuff got posted while I was typing lol

• Thanks 1

Woh!

The Commanders media department just dropped another great video. This one shows how they conducted the group interviews Wednesday.

A lot of  great footage. Adam Peters and Josh Harrais aren’t playing kids games, they’re looking for real battle tested players only.

Great stuff….

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jeremiah has been saying the polar opposite, he's been a big Drake Maye guy and likes him better at 2.

Yep. He has hot wavered once. Bram has made himself look like a fool so many times that it really doesnt matter to me at this point. But Jeremiah is all in on Maye at 2. This is a guy that predicted Houston trading back up to 4 last year. So he cannot be discounted at all. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Man, this place is just savage today. :ols:

But I'm done trying to stick up for people. I tried to stick up for @Llevron and I didn't even get a stupid t-shirt out of it.

You should see the giant PM thread about you involving half of the active forum

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

For my money, I think JJ has the highest ceiling of any of them with Caleb right up there with him. 

Eh… I don’t think he has either the arm or the mobility/athleticism/size of Maye or the dynamic playmaking ability of Daniels. 

That doesn’t mean he won’t end up being the best of the group, that’s impossible to know.

But I think the ceiling of the other two might be higher.

That said, Brady wasn’t the biggest, strongest or fastest either, and didn’t have a rocket anrm, and he’s a GOAT. So, what the hell do any of us know.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, zCommander said:

The evil voice in my head, which I normally don’t listen too,  is gleefully whispering to me that he hopes Jayden really doesn’t want to be here, but we draft him anyway and after we pick him they wheel him onto the stage to meet Goodell like this…

image.jpeg

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2