Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm not trying to be negative but my gut says we end up with Trubisky and a QB in the 1st rd.  It wont make anyone happy but its the best case scenario if we can't land Rodgers or Wilson.

I hope I'm wrong.

I'm actually fine with that. At least everyone will be completely aware that Trubisky is nothing but a bridge for the QB. I'd rather do that than spend a 2nd or 1st on Jimmy G and not draft a QB.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm not trying to be negative but my gut says we end up with Trubisky and a QB in the 1st rd.  It wont make anyone happy but its the best case scenario if we can't land Rodgers or Wilson.

I hope I'm wrong.

I think you're right and I think it's the best thing to do. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think Heinicke would only start over the rookie if it was clear that the rookie was definitely not ready and putting him in would be detrimental to his development. If it's close at all, even if Heinicke technically looks better, I'm guessing they'd start the rookie to get him experience. You don't want to overwhelm him, but gaining experience is invaluable.

Man, I started typing this very same thing… glad I refreshed before posting, lol (I actually did a double-take, because I thought I’d posted prematurely).  The only thing I’d add is we almost certainly add a vet too, so TH would have to beat that guy as well.

18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'm actually fine with that. At least everyone will be completely aware that Trubisky is nothing but a bridge for the QB. I'd rather do that than spend a 2nd or 1st on Jimmy G and not draft a QB.

Me too.  Brunell, McNabb, Smith… “competency” only gets you so far.  I’d much rather shoot for our own big name guy in the draft like all these other teams, no matter how many swings it takes to get it right.  

Put me on record as saying that I am ALL IN on Trubisky and also just remember that I'm also the guy who's telling everyone that you're going to be very surprised in Trubisky. You won't see the same QB you saw in Chicago!! Save your laughs. Just remember I told you so. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Man, I started typing this very same thing… glad I refreshed before posting, lol (I actually did a double-take, because I thought I’d posted prematurely).  The only thing I’d add is we almost certainly add a vet too, so TH would have to beat that guy as well.

Me too.  Brunell, McNabb, Smith… “competency” only gets you so far.  I’d much rather shoot for our own big name guy in the draft like all these other teams, no matter how many swings it takes to get it right.  

I feel like Brunell is the only one of those guys who actually a good display of that here.  I mean wasn't it said McNabb never mastered the Shanahan's playbook and Alex Smith looked to be competent but his leg was wrecked about ten games in when playing behind and already injured OL?  Just because the QB we had was capable of competent QB play, doesn't mean we saw it under the circumstances he was playing under

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Heinicke will almost certainly beat out any rookie we draft next season. He is no slouch and will be better next season given the experience he got this year and the overall health of the offensive players around him. I expect Gibson and Samuel to be on a mission next season to be way better than they were this year. I also expect more out of Dyami Brown and the TE position in general. If these things happen and the defense shows up early then we will be a good team. 

Heini will do so bad ; he will be cut. Beat out a rookie? A vet?  Heini couldn’t beat out a trained monkey.

• Thumb down 1

So any team that wants Rodgers has to not only give up the (minimum) 2 1sts for him, but also a huge new contract for him, another likely 1st for Adams plus a huge new contract for him, and then another huge new contract for Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

That basically narrows the teams down to...almost nobody.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Yeah there's basically no chance they trade Rodgers and Adams without the price being unreachable.  Adams will get their franchise tag if he doesn't sign a LTD. Him playing with both those players basically limits it to the Packers.

Adams will be a free agent. Unrestricted.

Edited by CjSuAvE22

13 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Yeah there's basically no chance they trade Rodgers and Adams without the price being unreachable.  Adams will get their franchise tag if he doesn't sign a LTD. Him playing with both those players basically limits it to the Packers.

The Packers won't be able to afford to give a new LTD to Adams + Valdes-Scantling. I'm not even sure they'll be able ot afford Adams alone, given how deep in a cap hole they are.

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Adams will be a free agent. Unrestricted.

No chance they let him walk for nothing. At minimum they'll place a non-exclusive franchise tag on him and then trade him.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

No chance they let him walk for nothing. At minimum they'll place a non-exclusive franchise tag on him and then trade him.

True, i dont know why ppl think we have a shot at rodgers no chance he comes here we need to move along, It took this team two years to find a name, finding a QB is much more difficult strap on for the ride.....i guess. 

16 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

I don't know about that....Maybe Denver offers up two #1's, Jerry Jeudy and one or two of their young defensive guys? Who knows? 

The cap space needed alone would make it incredibly hard to sign all 3 of those guys. Only a handful of teams would realistically have room. But then you have to factor in probably spending 3 1sts (2 for Rodgers, 1 for Adams after a tag) plus likely additional lower round picks or players. That's an insanely expensive proposition.

You'd basically be gutting yourself for the promise of possibly winning a SB within the next 3 years. After that you'd probably have to go into rebuild mode.

• Thumb up 1

Aaron R is proving to be an amazing QB that’s a total pain in the ass and can’t win in the playoffs. 

get used to the idea of Jimmy G and hope we draft the future next year ala Smith and Mahomes 

If we go this route we better end up with Lloyd at MLB from the draft, a 3 down RB

ill take a good season with an early playoff loss for the next couple of years if we can find the next 10+ year solution at QB. Jimmy G and our roster can get you that 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

When you have some time go check out the final QB stats and compare TH to the others, especially the rookies. Trevor Lawrence, the leagues #1 overall pick has terrible numbers. TH has numbers very comparable to some guys many on this site would be thrilled to have as his replacement. His passing numbers are very comparable to Ryan Tannehills and TH was playing in his 1st year as a starter.....Comparably, at least stats-wise, TH holds his own and is much better than the rookies who started this season. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

Aaron R is proving to be an amazing QB that’s a total pain in the ass and can’t win in the playoffs. 

get used to the idea of Jimmy G and hope we draft the future next year ala Smith and Mahomes 

If we go this route we better end up with Lloyd at MLB from the draft, a 3 down RB

ill take a good season with an early playoff loss for the next couple of years if we can find the next 10+ year solution at QB. Jimmy G and our roster can get you that 

Only issue there is you're never going to be in a position to draft the best QBs in a class. So your scouting is going to have to be extra good, and you'll have to sprinkle in a ton of luck, to find that top franchise QB who falls a bit. Not to mention you'll also likely need to give up a fair amount to move up for a guy (ala the Chiefs and Mahomes).

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Only issue there is you're never going to be in a position to draft the best QBs in a class. So your scouting is going to have to be extra good, and you'll have to sprinkle in a ton of luck, to find that top franchise QB who falls a bit. Not to mention you'll also likely need to give up a fair amount to move up for a guy (ala the Chiefs and Mahomes).

yeah we never seem to suck enough to get the top spot and when we do the stud QB went 1 and the “best player in the draft” was there for us at 2.

I wasn’t a Tua fan and during his down year no one seemed to think much about Herbert (think he was ranked higher the previous year) 

I prefer drafting this year and a Mariota bridge. 

what happens with Jimmy G

makes the Super Bowl after this week? Any chance the Niners decide they have to keep him?

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

When you have some time go check out the final QB stats and compare TH to the others, especially the rookies. Trevor Lawrence, the leagues #1 overall pick has terrible numbers. TH has numbers very comparable to some guys many on this site would be thrilled to have as his replacement. His passing numbers are very comparable to Ryan Tannehills and TH was playing in his 1st year as a starter.....Comparably, at least stats-wise, TH holds his own and is much better than the rookies who started this season. 

Even if you go just on QBR, Tannehill was ranked 8th and Heinicke 23rd. If you go more in depth with PFF, he has their 33rd ranked passing grade, 30th in adjusted completion percentage, and 1st in the NFL in tunover worthy plays.

No, his stats are comparable to guys we "would be thrilled to have".

I get that you dig Heinicke, but the plain fact is he's just not the guy and probably won't even be the bridge for a rookie.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Oh, I know.  I have to set aside what I think though, and put myself in the staff’s shoes.  Based on their outspoken desperation, they’re going to try a bunch of different avenues to upgrade from TH, and most (if not all) of the guys they bring in will be given a lot of rope.  And I think it’s almost a certainty they bring in more than one guy.  It’s possible though.