Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Signing Winston, Trubisky, Mariota, Bridgewater alone won’t be the issue. Of course our fanbase will react as if that signing in and of itself is the issue, though.

As we all know, the issue is going to wind up being signing one of them and not taking a rookie QB in the first to pair with them. That’s when stuff hits the fan.

And will continue to do so as additional rounds pass and there’s no QB. 

And here’s the thing, if the bridge QB/Rookie is the plan, they have to sign the bridge first because of the FA timing.

so I expect harsh reactions from many and hope that our forum friends will at least judge the move on its own and exercise patience through the draft at least.

Yeah he'd have to take his medicine first on the veteran signing.   Judging by talk radio Trubisky is considered the biggest punch line of those 4 by our fans, Bridgewater would be the runner up, whether its deserved or not deserved is a different topic.  I think Mariota or Winston would be mostly greeted by "meh" from the fan base.

So lol, they'd have to endure some scorn on talk radio as Sheehan and Phillips joked about until the draft.

Personally, i am cool with a flier veteran, and I am not even that picky about who, as long as they draft a QB.   But I do think fans including some on this thread might feel insufferable if/when they make the veteran move to set up the draft.   I think no way they take a flier veteran without taking a rookie QB but I am predicting some will argue they are done after that veteran move and they will trash them for it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

We have discussed on here about some DL being expendable, and Rivera essentially said they are looking at the roster and considering assets that could potentially be moved. That was my interpretation when he discussed ways in which we can acquire a QB. That would imply to me that we intend to set our sights high initially.

Watson is looking more and more like a possibility based on Rons comments. I dont see Rodgers coming here. I like the Idea of Wilson but my gut tells me Carr is the most attainable and I would be fine with that. Be interesting if Cousins moves somewhere too. Lots of potential  change on the horizon for the league but sometimes its just smoke and no fire.

1 hour ago, mcees4life said:

With the proper coaching I think Trubisky can do here what Tannehill has done in Tennessee. 

If you can’t pull a rabbit out of a hat and land Rodgers, Watson, or Wilson then I’m bringing in a Trubisky or Mariotta while taking a qb in this year’s draft that you can groom. 

I still like are chances for a qb. I get the feeling they are going to bring in a name bigger then Trubisky and Mariota.

Rebranding of team and Coach Rivera it appears is feeling the heat they want to go big.

Denver wants Rodgers I think they could get him. If he moves

Nyg we don't know but they will do something with firing and Jones injury but I think Wilson before Watson 

Sea could move Wilson maybe 2 first and Tua.

New orleans will probably keep Winston due to cap they were good before he got hurt.

Phil will give Hurts another year

Carolina will do something but they gave up alot for Darnold. They will due something 

Miami appears to be out on Watson but they could make move.

Pitt we don't know what they will due

Cleveland Qb can be had 

Minnesota is unknown 

Lv has Carr don't think he will be traded

I think they will take a shot for Watson. It's Synder style and Rivera is desperate. I don't know if they will get him but I think they are going to go all out.

After him I think they will try to get Mayfield he a name and serviceable with chance to get better. Cleveland will go for Cousins. Mayfield will cost this years first pick. May or May not be worth this or a rookie I will try this.

I think Watson make us 11 win dark horse team for superbowl but it's going to cost. Mayfield was terrible this year was it injuries I don't know? I don't know what he makes us. The last move would be rookie with Trubisky or Marrota maybe we get nine wins with them. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

9 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I still like are chances for a qb. I get the feeling they are going to bring in a name bigger then Trubisky and Mariota.

Rebranding of team and Coach Rivera it appears is feeling the heat they want to go big.

Denver wants Rodgers I think they could get him. If he moves

Nyg we don't know but they will do something with firing and Jones injury but I think Wilson before Watson 

Sea could move Wilson maybe 2 first and Tua.

New orleans will probably keep Winston due to cap they were good before he got hurt.

Phil will give Hurts another year

Carolina will do something but they gave up alot for Darnold. They will due something 

Miami appears to be out on Watson but they could make move.

Pitt we don't know what they will due

Cleveland Qb can be had 

Minnesota is unknown 

Lv has Carr don't think he will be traded

I think they will take a shot for Watson. It's Synder style and Rivera is desperate. I don't know if they will get him but I think they are going to go all out.

After him I think they will try to get Mayfield he a name and serviceable with chance to get better. Cleveland will go for Cousins. Mayfield will cost this years first pick. May or May not be worth this or a rookie I will try this.

I think Watson make us 11 win dark horse team for superbowl but it's going to cost. Mayfield was terrible this year was it injuries I don't know? I don't know what he makes us. The last move would be rookie with Trubisky or Marrota maybe we get nine wins with them. 

Oh Deshaun Watson makes us a legit contender, no doubt about it. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Idk where this new recent sentiment is coming from but just bc things have been (purposefully from a league office POV) quiet on Watson all season doesn’t make his situation any less bad, or make him any less scummy. Nothing Rivera has said recently has brought to mind the idea that he’d be willing to compromise on character for Watson. 

I can't see it being Watson for non-football reasons.

"We've put all the sordid details behind us! It's a fresh start for the team and here's the new face of the franchise. He'll be free to sign autographs just as soon as the 22 allegations of sexual misbehaviour have been resolved"

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mcees4life said:

Oh Deshaun Watson makes us a legit contender, no doubt about it. 

5 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think so he what RG3 was suppose to be and we know he can throw the ball. He makes allt of problems disappear

The only downsides to Watson would be the PR drama and of course a weakened core by way of losing current assets. We would have to swallow the reality that we wont have much day one interest in the draft for a good three years. That being said he is that good and he would be the best QB in the history of this franchise.

Edited by rumplestilskin

1 minute ago, Gurgeh said:

"We've put all the sordid details behind us! It's a fresh start for the team and here's the new face of the franchise. He'll be free to sign autographs just as soon as the 22 allegations of sexual misbehaviour have been resolved"

I dont know answer to this after M. Vick got out of jail how long was he suspended for? 

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

The only downsides to Watson would be the PR drama and of course a weakened core by way of losing current assets. We would have to swallow the reality that we wont have much day one interest in the draft for a good three years. That being said he is that good and he would be the best QB in the history of this franchise.

Pr will be terrible. Unfortunately, that will be no different then usually for this franchise.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It is not a comparable situation so it doesn’t matter. 

If he beat the criminal case and reaches settlements with other cases how long do you think NFL suspension would be.

20 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

I think the allegations would need to be resolved before a trade. Its the only way to not make it stink or be less hypocritical. 

Edited by rumplestilskin

I have some advice for a great many of you. You can choose to accept it or not, it's just a friendly piece of advice and I readily admit I am wrong sometimes like the rest of us.

So maybe I'm full of it.

But if you think we're going to get Watson, Wilson, Rodgers... Or even Carr or Mayfield... I'd stop thinking that those are solutions and stop looking to them.

Could it happen? Sure. There's a lot of low chance probability items that happen every single day. It's not impossible.

But it's also not a plan to go after trade targets that may not be available or, in Watson's case, are held up in legalese. 

Those aren't a real plan. Those are long shot options. If you treat them as such the crushing disappointment when it doesn't occur won't be quite as large of a blow. And, beyond that, it will help you understand the most realistic solutions that are possible for this franchise moving forward and level expectations a bit.

Listen or not, that is your choice and I won't attempt to dissuade you from going away from this line of thinking.

But some of you are going to be in for a very crushing offseason. 

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan was a joking this morning with Phillips on about imagine the calls they have to take (in their minds angry fans) if they sign Winston or Trubisky.  At the same time, that might be the type of market that in the end exists.

Did you hear Phillips say he really thinks Rivera is going after Rodgers?  Whether that works out or not, he thinks that's his #1.

At the very least, this offseason will be extremely entertaining!  LOL

Edited by HigSkin
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

It would be very risky, if Washington was betting on Watson getting past his current legal issues, and trying to pull a trade before the legal issues were resolved,  simply to keep the price tag for acquiring Watson from getting too high,

Because, If Watson were to be the face of the franchise, his legal issues would have to have completely cleared...  beyond the shadow of any doubt.  If there were still some "gray areas", the Washington media would be very tough on Watson , and constantly looking for new dirt.  Any small thing they did surface could turn into a tinderbox event,  And the NFL would come down very hard on both Watson and Washington and making an "example" when the Commissioner doled out punishment.

So I think Washington would have to wait until the current legal process played out -- and should Watson was cleared/100% absolved, then his price tag could become very high for Washington, maybe too high for a team with many key positions still needing to be upgraded.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I have some advice for a great many of you. You can choose to accept it or not, it's just a friendly piece of advice and I readily admit I am wrong sometimes like the rest of us.

So maybe I'm full of it.

But if you think we're going to get Watson, Wilson, Rodgers... Or even Carr or Mayfield... I'd stop thinking that those are solutions and stop looking to them.

Could it happen? Sure. There's a lot of low chance probability items that happen every single day. It's not impossible.

But it's also not a plan to go after trade targets that may not be available or, in Watson's case, are held up in legalese. 

Those aren't a real plan. Those are long shot options. If you treat them as such the crushing disappointment when it doesn't occur won't be quite as large of a blow. And, beyond that, it will help you understand the most realistic solutions that are possible for this franchise moving forward and level expectations a bit.

Listen or not, that is your choice and I won't attempt to dissuade you from going away from this line of thinking.

Exactly.  That’s why I think we should trade for Mahomes.  😲

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

There is no chance we get someone like Rodgers, Wilson, or Winston.

Carr I could maybe see happening, but with the Raiders being playoff bound they probably won't get rid of him now.

At this point, I think we a better shot at Watson then Carr but not really a good shot at either. Truth be told I am not totally sure we get Marrota or Trubisky.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So maybe I'm full of it.

I agree with this and I wouldnt be suprised if almost all of these potential QBs just stay put with the exception being Watson.  The odds are stacked against this team but if there was an off season where they go all in, this is it. The good news is every plan should have a fall back plan. Maybe lower tier acquisitions and draft. Or maybe the the main plan is through the draft with a bridge qb. I think most people here are quite aware of lowering expectations to match reality. Its just that time of the year where speculation runs wild. 

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There is no chance we get someone like Rodgers, Wilson, or Winston.

Carr I could maybe see happening, but with the Raiders being playoff bound they probably won't get rid of him now.

Unless they are one and done.

Just now, rumplestilskin said:

I agree with this and I wouldnt be suprised if almost all of these potential QBs just stay put with the exception being Watson.  The odds are stacked against this team but if there was an off season where they go all in, this is it. The good news is every plan should have a fall back plan. Maybe lower tier acquisitions and draft. Or maybe the the main plan is through the draft with a bridge qb. I think most people here are quite aware of lowering expectations to match reality. Its just that time of the year where speculation runs wild. 

14 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

It would be very risky, if Washington was betting on Watson getting past his current legal issues, and trying to pull a trade before the legal issues were resolved,  simply to keep the price tag for acquiring Watson from getting too high,

Because, If Watson were to be the face of the franchise, his legal issues would have to have completely cleared...  beyond the shadow of any doubt.  If there were still some "gray areas", the Washington media would be very tough on Watson , and constantly looking for new dirt.  Any small thing they did surface could turn into a tinderbox event,  And the NFL would come down very hard on both Watson and Washington and making an "example" when the Commissioner doled out punishment.

So I think Washington would have to wait until the current legal process played out -- and should Watson was cleared/100% absolved, then his price tag could become very high for Washington, maybe too high for a team with many key positions still needing to be upgraded.

Odds are we don't get. If he beats the criminal charges you can definitely consider it but you have to have an idea what NFL is going to do suspension wise.