Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It’s lying season. 

And whatever you say, Keim has clearly expressed , especially when on with Bram and they’re both stroking each others Daniels obsession, he leans Daniels personally.  

He had a preference. He’s not unbiased.  And that’s fine. He’s totally allowed to.  He is NOT reporting anything.  He’s allowed to have an opinion.  In fact I would be shocked if he didn’t have an opinion. And I’m fine with him voicing the opinion.  

And if I lose the bet, you can go retire with the $0 I have in my left front pocket. :P 

Keim would have to be a bit stupid wouldn't he?   You from a distance can tell he's been played.  But that poor sucker is asking coaches who aren't taking a QB in this draft for their opinions on these QBs and they are just playing Keim for jollies.  You can see it clear as day.  But that fool Keim just can't see it?   

Keim often does get fooled like that -- that's why he's so often wrong when he says he's hearing such and such because he gets played like a fiddle? 

As for him having an opinion and that biasing what he thinks happens, since when does Keim have biased takes on what he thinks will unfold based on his personal opinion? 

You say you follow him but IMO it can't be that closely if you think he operates like Bram or name that dude who are fanboy reporters.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

43 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This is either super lazy or super biased. Everything I've ever read about Maye says he's an extremely hard worker, film junkie, very smart. He and Daniels are basically equal on that front, from any sources you can find.

Not at all.  I've heard from multiple sources that Daniels literally lives in the study room to an extent that might be seen as excessive.  Never ever heard that about Maye.

1 minute ago, skinsarethebest said:

Not at all.  I've heard from multiple sources that Daniels literally lives in the study room to an extent that might be seen as excessive.  Never ever heard that about Maye.

He needed to live in the weight room a bit more then.  *ba dum tish*

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, skinsarethebest said:

You do realize that you're basically alone on an island with this, right? I've never seen or read anything other than both Maye and Daniels being extremely hard workers. Even most of Maye's most vocal opponents don't claim he's not a hard worker.

• Like 3

Surprised "Washington" isn't crapping on McCarthy when they are asked about him and instead saying nice things especially to people close to McCarthy.

Typically, its "meh" we don't dig your client please pass the word on to him. 

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You do realize that you're basically alone on an island with this, right? I've never seen or read anything other than both Maye and Daniels being extremely hard workers. Even most of Maye's most vocal opponents don't claim he's not a hard worker.

Yeah Maye is lauded for being a smart dude who lives and dies with football.   Breer heard as it was posted here, Maye had the best interviews at the combine -- knew ball, could talk ball very well, etc. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, TheBigJourney said:

What Dan Quinn said about Sam....LOL

“And certainly talent is here also at quarterback, going against Sam through this year and honestly a little bit from last year as well, you knew how talented this player was,” Quinn said. “The arm talent, the ability to create, and that’s what quarterback play is. Off-schedule plays when you can get outside the pocket; not everything is always clean and where you can go. We’re just getting started on the evaluation phase, so when you’re putting a whole program together, there’s free agency and the draft, and you’ll look at all the things to try to make the team better. But, I’m certainly impressed by the competitor that Sam is, that jumped out to me……how tough and competitive he is.”

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2024/02/07/washington-commanders-coach-dan-quinn-praises-qb-sam-howell-caleb-williams-2024-nfl-draft/

• Like 3

Just now, HigSkin said:

What Dan Quinn said about Sam....LOL

“And certainly talent is here also at quarterback, going against Sam through this year and honestly a little bit from last year as well, you knew how talented this player was,” Quinn said. “The arm talent, the ability to create, and that’s what quarterback play is. Off-schedule plays when you can get outside the pocket; not everything is always clean and where you can go. We’re just getting started on the evaluation phase, so when you’re putting a whole program together, there’s free agency and the draft, and you’ll look at all the things to try to make the team better. But, I’m certainly impressed by the competitor that Sam is, that jumped out to me……how tough and competitive he is.”

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2024/02/07/washington-commanders-coach-dan-quinn-praises-qb-sam-howell-caleb-williams-2024-nfl-draft/

Big difference between what is said publicly and privately

30 minutes ago, TheBigJourney said:

What exactly did you expect them to say about a QB directly to that QB coach's face? They're probably friendly with Harbaugh already.

This reminds me of when Tom Brady said something about McCarthy being the best QB to come out of Michigan. People were like "OMGS!11! Tom Brady says McCarthy is teh best evur!!!" even though he was doing exactly what all alums do: pump up the current players from their alma mater..

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

some red meat for @Est.1974

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What exactly did you expect them to say about a QB directly to that QB coach's face? They're probably friendly with Harbaugh already.

This reminds me of when Tom Brady said something about McCarthy being the best QB to come out of Michigan. People were like "OMGS!11! Tom Brady says McCarthy is teh best evur!!!" eve though he was doing exactly what all alums do: pump up the current players from their alma mater..

Wait till they meet with Penix for the top 30 visit and they actually say nice things about him.   And ditto to Penix's coaches.  Our heads will be spinning expecting him to go at #2 😎

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I want to see how the opinions of people would change if they had to bet their jobs on their takes.

Mel Kiper said he'd retire if Jimmy Clausen wasn't a successful NFL QB, but his gums are still flapping all over TV. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, TheBigJourney said:

Translation: Any team besides us. ;) 

20 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I want to see how the opinions of people would change if they had to bet their jobs on their takes.

Adam Peters and the coaches are already betting on their jobs. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim would have to be a bit stupid wouldn't he?   You from a distance can tell he's been played.  But that poor sucker is asking coaches who aren't taking a QB in this draft for their opinions on these QBs and they are just playing Keim for jollies.  You can see it clear as day.  But that fool Keim just can't see it?   

I'd have to agree that he has actually chosen to be played.

Mainly because Head Coaches don't choose QBs in the draft unless the team is ran by a buffoon.

It's kind of like asking your kids which restaurant is the best. They'd probably say PF Chang or McDonald's or something. Because they don't know what they are talking about. :P

RR is gone man!

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Literally zero dual threat QBs have ever won anything to this day. 

I guess that’s not exactly true. Lamar has 2 MVPs. 

Thats it.  Not one has won a SB. Only 1 has played in one, Hurts last year.  Unless you count McNabb.  But I don’t.  He was a pass-first Reid QB. 

This isn’t a “get off my lawn” thing.  This is a “you win in the NFL from the pocket for the last 50 years” thing.  It’s still true. Mahomes is first a pocket QB.  So are Herbert and Burrow.  And Purdy. And Tua. And Dak. And Kirk.  And Stafford.  And Goff.  

Josh Allen, he’s one you could point to as dual threat. Though I almost put him in his own category of “completely crazy”

The modern NFL is dominated by pass first QBs.  

Lamar is special.  Hurts is very good.  Murray exists.  Fields stinks.  That’s the list of dual threat QBs.  

What have those prototypical pocket passers you mentioned won compared to the dual threat guys, save mahomes and stafford? It takes a lot more than just the qb and style of play they utilize to hoist a lombardi. Coaching, system, supporting cast, and plain old luck all play big roles here

Also ironic that we talk so much about these running QBs like daniels destined to get hurt when burrow can’t stay healthy for the life of him. Tua is one concussion away from early retirement. Kirk just had a major season ending injury while in the pocket, untouched. Stafford has been fighting injuries for a while now. It can happen to anyone, but because we had RG the same thing will surely happen to daniels

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Mel Kiper said he'd retire if Jimmy Clausen wasn't a successful NFL QB, but his gums are still flapping all over TV. 

We'll know he's serious when he bets his hairstyle on a pick

Edited by DiscoBob

6 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

What have those prototypical pocket passers you mentioned won compared to the dual threat guys, save mahomes and stafford? It takes a lot more than just the qb and style of play they utilize to hoist a lombardi. Coaching, system, supporting cast, and plain old luck all play big roles here

Also ironic that we talk so much about these running QBs like daniels destined to get hurt when burrow can’t stay healthy for the life of him. Tua is one concussion away from early retirement. Kirk just had a major season ending injury while in the pocket, untouched. Stafford has been fighting injuries for a while now. It can happen to anyone, but because we had RG the same thing will surely happen to daniels

its just its our next shot at a qb at #2, if its Jayden, is literally a skinnier version of rg3. Sequels suck worse than the original

Its scary to hope they make the right decision...I dont know who to take. Even if bears dont pick a qb....i wouldnt want to be the one making the call

Edited by dunfer
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DiscoBob said:

We'll know he's serious when he gets his hairstyle on a pick

Do not disrespect the ‘do!!!!

Mel should be in the HOF for inventing an industry.  

But he’s rarely right.

Hes often entertaining.

He blew up because he went bananas when the colts passed on Trent Dilfer.  He planted his flag with Trent Dilfer.  And Dilfer was, at best, an average QB who lucked into a SB with a historic defense. 

He’s wrong a lot.  More than he’s right.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dunfer said:

Ive been getting the feeling this qb class isnt going to be as stacked as everyone used to be harping about

Are you going through the stage where you are convinced that whichever quarterback we pick will bust? I did that last night.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Are you going through the stage where you are convinced that whichever quarterback we pick, we will be wrong? I did that last night.

Feel the same way, but it’s most likely just the years of abuse speaking, a sort of PTSD.