Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I never put much stock in acquiring Caleb Williams. I think it sets a dangerous pattern where the top pick can demand his team.  Elway had a very good reason, Eli not so much.  But still it's a bad look and will only lead to more players making this demand, it will turn the NFL into the NBA.  . 

With that said according to the value chart I have seen the difference between the first pick and the second is 400 points, that's the value of the 50th pick.  So I'm not sure I understand why posters are claiming it will take multiple picks including next year's first, especially when the Bears have no leverage and they are obviously taking a QB so they need to stay near the top of this draft.  

Because the first pick, especially when a franchise QB is involved is about more than numbers.

As to Wilson. At least it looks like he's trying to be different. Elway and Manning were about where they didn't want to go. He's  about where he does 

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

It's starting to sound like Bowers might drop and if he starts to, it could slide pretty far.

If he gets into McConkey territory... that could make someone's draft interesting...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's starting to sound like Bowers might drop and if he starts to, it could slide pretty far.

I kinda hope we never get measurables for him and he falls far enough for us to jump into the end of the 1st. Still doubt he’d fall out of the 1st entirely but you never know, he seems quirky 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

Just now, Conn said:

I kinda hope we never get measurables for him and he falls far enough to jump into the end of the 1st. Still doubt he’d fall out of the 1st entirely but you never know, he seems quirky 

Bowers with Ertz for his rookie year? Yeah, that would be amazing. Add Sinnott back of the third and the TE room is nuts and diverse.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Bowers with Ertz for his rookie year? Yeah, that would be amazing. Add Sinnott back of the third and the TE room is nuts and diverse.

Sinnott on the late 3rd to back up Ertz is what I’m hoping for. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, zCommander said:

They didn't get rid of Howell to draft Maye, who by some is basically Howell 2.0 but taller. They will draft Jayden Daniels. 

I disagree.If they were going to pick Daniels they would not have had to trade Howell at all. Howell and Daniels arent good friends. They traded Howell to end an uncomfortable situation imo. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Can I play?

I fluctuate daily sometimes hourly, but this is where I'm at right now...

50% stay at 2 and take Jayden.

30% stay at 2 and take Drake.

20% Trade up for Caleb. I just think the price will be outrageous.

However, he is the best qb of the three and maybe if you're Peters you think:

"GMs go there whole career without getting a chance to select a generational player at q.b. and I may never get this opportunity again. **** it let's do this!"

My guess

50% Maye

45% Daniels

3% chance trade up for Caleb

2% chance McCarthy

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Heard rumbilings he's a weird dude.  Not sure how the interviews are going for him.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I disagree.If they were going to pick Daniels they would not have had to trade Howell at all. Howell and Daniels arent good friends. They traded Howell to end an uncomfortable situation imo. 

I saw a quote yesterday, that I doubt the veracity of, where Maye straight up said that being on the same team with Howell wouldn't be ideal but he would dela with it. No way he actually says this before the draft. But if he did....I dont even know what I would make of that. Tis why I refuse to believe it. 

9 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

That’s the spirit, it was 1% yesterday. I knew you’d start to come around :evil:

I've fluctuated from 1% to 5%.  So 3% is smack in the middle of it. ;)

lol, while I'd be cool if they took Caleb.  I think am one of the only one here who has praised all three QBs and have done it continuosly albiet they all have flaws which I don't deny.  It's rare to have young QBs who are considered flawless.  I do it less with Caleb because I think am wasting my time.  But have done so on the draft thread a bunch of times.  

But the tea leaves are what they are, I try not to let what I want to happen influence what i am hearing will happen.  So right now, too much noise that it won't happen as to Caleb including a podcast I listened to this morning.  But am not ruling it out as a long shot possibility.  I'll give you if it goes down, you'd be vindicated big time, I can't think of a fan-media member etc who is more sold its happening than you. 

But I'd be stoked for either 3.  I am not in the camp that I'll just accept my least favorite QB in the mix even though i wouldn't love it.  I'd love it.  All three.

A.  Caleb -- off schedule maestro with a gun of an arm, good mobility.  

B.  Maye -- great tools, comfortable making every type of NFL type throws, good mobility

C.  Daniels -- electric runner, good deep ball

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My guess

50% Maye

45% Daniels

2% chance McCarthy

Heard rumbilings he's a weird dude.  Not sure how the interviews are going for him.

He is still recovering from injury and didnt work out at their pro day either. I dont see us trading up for him though. Because of the massive hole we have at LT right now. Trading up for one makes too much sense. 

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I saw a quote yesterday, that I doubt the veracity of, where Maye straight up said that being on the same team with Howell wouldn't be ideal but he would dela with it. No way he actually says this before the draft. But if he did....I dont even know what I would make of that. Tis why I refuse to believe it. 

Oh he definitely said it on Schefters podcast. And I get it. Sam was a huge mentor to Maye. He didnt want to be the guy "stealing" his job. 

https://www.wnct.com/sports/sports-illustrated/arena-nfl/si-washington-commanders-nfl/b8adfa9/maye-reveals-thoughts-on-commanders-qb-howell/

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That could be a rumor started by a team that wants him to drop so they can draft him.

The NFL Network followed Bowers around for a week and  made of video of his day to day lifestyle and he seemed pretty normal to me.

Check it out for yourself...

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Vikings really like Daniels was the early talk. Are they getting ready to strike….

Heard McCarthy of late.  Daniels seems to be the Raiders. 

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

That could be a rumor started by a team that wants him to drop so they can draft him.

The NFL Network followed Bowers around for a week and  made of video of his day to day lifestyle and he seemed pretty normal to me.

I heard he's supposed to be super close to Jodie Foster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I watched him being interviewed on NFL network yesterday and I almost made a post about it because it definitely was a little weird. I look into his eyes and I don’t see a lot going on behind the scenes. Just a mindless killing machine… and I like that ****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My guess

50% Maye

45% Daniels

2% chance McCarthy

My take is

55% Maye

40% Daniels

2% trade up for Caleb

2% McCarthy

1% a false vacuum event occurs during the draft and the universe ends

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I watched him being interviewed on NFL network yesterday and I almost made a post about it because it definitely was a little weird. I look into his eyes and I don’t see a lot going on behind the scenes. Just a mindless killing machine… and I like that ****.

lol, I haven't dived into Bowers personality.  But I've heard two different draftniks say this recently about Bowers.  And it wasn't sort of the dude is a "cool" weird but a teams might pause version of weird.  But who knows.

As a player, if I had to pick one draft crush in this draft it would be him.  So weird or not weird, I'd be stoked to have Bowers.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Here’s a modified transcript of the interview I saw (these aren’t the words he used, but this is what was conveyed).

Q: Who do you model your game after?

A: Travis Kelce and George Kittle.

Q. How so?

A. 😳 Oh ****. I dont know and was hoping you wouldn’t ask. I play tight end and those are the guys whose names I know that also played tight end so that’s why I said that. I’m getting really uncomfortable with all these hard hitting questions. Can I please leave and go block somebody or something.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Here’s a modified transcript of the interview I saw (these aren’t the words he used, but this is what was conveyed).

Q: Who do you model your game after?

A: Travis Kelce and George Kittle.

Q. How so?

A. 😳 Oh ****. I dont know and was hoping you wouldn’t ask. I play tight end and those are the guys whose names I know that also played tight end so that’s why I said that. I’m getting really uncomfortable with this line of questioning.

I think you meant to post this in the free agency... unless you want to bring the free agency to the QB thread ... or it is a diversion so people can stop giving out percentages for which QB will we get lol

37 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He is still recovering from injury and didnt work out at their pro day either. I dont see us trading up for him though. Because of the massive hole we have at LT right now. Trading up for one makes too much sense. 

Unless they grab tyron smith. Then I could see a real possibility of bowers 

15 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It’s interesting you say this as having seen pictures of Bowers previously I’ve actually wondered if he potentially has autistic spectrum disorder - as the father of an autistic child the eyes can be a tell. Don’t believe I’ve seen much chatter about him as a player, though, which is surprising given how highly he was touted but then again there’s more “high profile” guys seemingly dominating the draft landscape so he’s perhaps flying below the radar, which could suit him who knows.

As an aside DJ and BB had Trevor Sikkema on the Move the Sticks podcast and he really doesn’t seem particularly high on Jayden Daniels. Not to say he was trashing him, but rather frequently mentioned others instead of him - clearly is a big fan of Maye, but McCarthy and even Nix were talked up (again well ahead of Daniels). Just found it notable given there was a lot of emphasis on guys being able to attack all areas of the field and especially across the middle and was actually hoping to hear some comments on JD on that front as I know it’s been discussed/debated here. 

Just now, Starry Plough said:

Don’t believe I’ve seen much chatter about him as a player, though, which is surprising given how highly he was touted

To clarify, I meant through the draft-process and post-combine rather than him not being discussed as a 1st round talent etc leading up to and through the season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I think you meant to post this in the free agency... unless you want to bring the free agency to the QB thread ... or it is a diversion so people can stop giving out percentages for which QB will we get lol

I didn’t even know what thread I was in. Conversation about Bowers had already started and I just jumped in.

• Thumb up 1