Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

C’mon, you know this is the only accepted method of doing things around here.

You and @ThatNFLChick keep on loving on Daniels and Caleb and dislike on Drake.  Seems obvious to me that @ThatNFLChick like Daniels and now Caleb since we have Kliff as OC.  No problems. We are ALL free to speak. :) It's all good!  :) You know by the posters who loves who and who dislikes who.  

4 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

He's always entertaining....I'll say that

Video 1: That's impressive he called that in 2014 given the playoffs / Super Bowl are what really matter at the end of the day:

Video #2:  See point 1.  Lamar hasn't done jack in the playoffs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

You and @ThatNFLChick keep on loving on Daniels and Caleb and dislike on Drake.  Seems obvious to me that @ThatNFLChick like Daniels and now Caleb since we have Kliff as OC.  No problems. We are ALL free to speak. :) It's all good!  :) You know by the posters who loves who and who dislikes who.  

Yes I like Daniels. However I have never and would never say "we are 100% confirmed taking Daniels book it" or even "we are definitely taking xxxx" just like how I repeatedly said people needed to relax on the Ben Johnson stuff. 

I frankly truly believe they have barely started the process of looking into these QBs and interviews, combine, pro days etc will be huge. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

You 

Me? 
Daniels? Or Caleb, or Drake?  I’m certain this is the first time I’ve written their names in here.  Keep chasing boogeymen.  I’m in the “I could give a **** who they pick, just win” camp.   Thank you very much for playing.

I’ll stay in my lane with schmarmy  commentary toward the ham and egg braintrust and let KDawg and SIP do the heavy lifting regarding player analysis.  

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Thumb down 1

3 hours ago, mac8887 said:

If we can't get caleb, this would be my second favorite option I think, it might he right behind selecting jayden daniels. Harrison will be great, and our receiving core would be great. Plus, on espn radio a couple weeks ago, Mel Kiper said if fields was coming out this year, he'd only he behind caleb williams on his big board. The only problem is that fields rookie contract is almost up and soon his salary goes up a lot

There's another problem. The whole "Justin Fields isn't a good QB" thing could end up being a bit of an issue.

I can’t freakin believe I’m to the point that I like McCarthy more than Daniels.

I keep watching him.

And he does everything. And he played in a run first offense but came through almost every time he was needed.

Dont get me wrong… the upside on Daniels is through the damn roof. Higher than any of the prospects. But his low is low, imo.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Me? 
Daniels? Or Caleb, or Drake?  I’m certain this is the first time I’ve written their names in here.  Keep chasing boogeymen.  I’m in the “I could give a **** who they pick, just win” camp.   Thank you very much for playing.

I’ll stay in my lane with schmarmy  commentary toward the ham and egg braintrust and let KDawg and SIP do the heavy lifting regarding player analysis.  

Rock on, Brother!  Rock on.  Google is your friend.  Why put the weight on them when you can contribute to the forum too.  I try too. Maybe you can too with tweets and article. I think it would be welcomed. Do what you want to do, though.  

59 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Most of us know that Maye is the player we will draft.  It's a no brainer and his friend, Howell is his backup.  Perfect situation.  :)  

Honestly this is where I am. I am taking myself into Maye more and more. He's a not hate prospect, but I just don't love him. I'm writing analytics to try to fall in love with him. But I do wonder about the Howell Maye relationship. Having your best friend take your job may put a strain on the friendship. 

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I can’t freakin believe I’m to the point that I like McCarthy more than Daniels.

I keep watching him.

And he does everything. And he played in a run first offense but came through almost every time he was needed.

Dont get me wrong… the upside on Daniels is through the damn roof. Higher than any of the prospects. But his low is low, imo.

I think that’s the dilemma with Daniels. Bit like the narrative on Jackson when he came out - the upside is huge but the bust potential is high. 

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Honestly this is where I am. I am taking myself into Maye more and more. He's a not hate prospect, but I just don't love him. I'm writing analytics to try to fall in love with him. But I do wonder about the Howell Maye relationship. Having your best friend take your job may put a strain on the friendship. 

Best friend says it all.  I don't know if they are true besties but hey they have respect for one another and I think all will be well when HC Quinn lays the culture down for this team that each man and player has a part to play, starter or non-starter.  

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Best friend says it all.  I don't know if they are true besties but hey they have respect for one another and I think all will be well when HC Quinn lays the culture down for this team that each man and player has a part to play, starter or non-starter.  

I mean you and Skins / Commanders nation may not agree but Sam was done dirty. And Sam may feel that way. Thrown out there with no OL and not allowed to run the ball, with a first time coordinator who was so stuck in his ways that he wouldn't listen to players who would tell him what would work. Yeah I think Sam might be a bit salty.

• Like 1

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

I mean you and Skins / Commanders nation may not agree but Sam was done dirty. And Sam may feel that way. Thrown out there with no OL and not allowed to run the ball, with a first time coordinator who was so stuck in his ways that he wouldn't listen to players who would tell him what would work. Yeah I think Sam might be a bit salty.

I don't think so.  I think Sam is a team player.  We shall see but Quinn can only help if there are issues, but I don't think there will be. 

Just now, RWJ said:

I don't think so.  I think Sam is a team player.  We shall see but Quinn can only help if there are issues, but I don't think there will be. 

If anything, thats my problem with Sam. He should have been yelling at EB during those games. Instead, as you said, he was a team player. And never spoke his mind. He's gotta get in somebody's face sometimes. 

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

If anything, thats my problem with Sam. He should have been yelling at EB during those games. Instead, as you said, he was a team player. And never spoke his mind. He's gotta get in somebody's face sometimes. 

That's Sam.  Maybe with Quinn he will learn to speak up for himself but with respect.  It will all work itself out.  

42 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

He

a. Probably didnt want the heat and media labels that would be associated with him blowing up on the coaches, especially during a game. Just wanted to focus on football which I respect

b. Knows he was a first year full time starter and doesnt have the experience or pedigree to be doing that like a brady or rodgers could

We’ve seen countless QBs throw fits on the sidelines and it never looks good. If we got caleb and he did that everyone would be clowning him and confirming the diva label

9 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

He

a. Probably didnt want the heat and media labels that would be associated with him blowing up on the coaches, especially during a game. Just wanted to focus on football which I respect

b. Knows he was a first year full time starter and doesnt have the experience or pedigree to be doing that like a brady or rodgers could

We’ve seen countless QBs throw fits on the sidelines and it never looks good. If we got caleb and he did that everyone would be clowning him and confirming the diva label

It also really doesn't seem like Sam's personality. He generally seems to be a very low key, quiet, nose to the grindstone make lemonade out of lemons kind of dude. Not the kind of person who's going to go to the sideline and start yelling at coaches.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I keep watching him.

McCarthy is the first QB I touted on the draft thread last year.  He's my guy too if i had to pick QB 4.    Not sure I'd take him over Daniels but I have more red flags on Daniels than I do on McCarthy.  McCarthy just turned 21.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I keep watching him.

I think sometimes you have to have people who've really watched these guys as COLLEGE observers. I mean, the NFL got Brady wrong but I didn't (no, I didn't anticipate GOAT status, but I thought he'd be a really clutch performer and a great pocket passer...he was).  It's probably why I'm hesitant to really bash Williams, Maye or Daniels (I do it with Daniels because it amuses me to tussle with BB and ThatNFLChick) because I don't think I can really say. I can say there are aspects I don't like, or think are warning signs but I don't really know. But what I do know is that I have this sinking feeling that teams are going to regret passing on McCarthy.  Think about it this way---QB scouting is a lot better than 1999-2000.  No way Todd Husak should have gone above Brady, I don't care about 40 times, anyone who watched college should have known this (Skins picked Todd btw lol).

This means your future "Brady" gets drafted in the first 2 rounds instead of round 6 or 7 (Brock Purdy is going to make even this look wrong maybe). 

That said, Mahomes didn't really win in college and he's great (but also paired with a great offensive coach and mentor).  So I'm not discounting the other guys entirely, I am worried about guys who don't perform well against good teams even when their team is even or at least capable of offensive output.

So much of this is about the organization that the QB lands in. Do they get supported? Do they get to ride the bench without criticism if there are significant areas of development needed? Is there a culture of accountability and love of hard work? Do the coaches understand the QB's specific talents or do they try to force them into a bad-fit scheme?

We'll never know whether Tim Couch and David Carr had championship potential, because they were stuck on hapless expansion teams.

Adam and Kliff need to choose the best available QB to fit their vision, not necessarily the best overall (if that can even be measured). And then they have to support that young man with the best of everything. I can live with whoever they choose.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1