Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@HTTRDynasty I wouldn’t really chalk this up as the media creating drama.  That’s just RG3 doing what he does best. 

No doubt RG3 started it, but a local reporter is blatantly trying to fan the flames.  "The Shanahan quotes I have on record would really add to this drama".  Just annoying to me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@HTTRDynasty I wouldn’t really chalk this up as the media creating drama.  That’s just RG3 doing what he does best. 

yeah if he hadnt gotten hurt we may have gotten deep, but it wasnt the qb. it was due to the read option and defenses having no idea what to do with it.

Robert will beat that "what if" drum though like it was the Redskins and Mike and Jays fault his career tanked

Edited by dunfer

47 minutes ago, skinsarethebest said:

You forgot about Daniels.

Don't want him.

34 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Look at this possibility, Chicago takes Williams and NE offers us #3, 2024 2nd, 2025 1st and 2025 4th. 

NE takes Daniels.

We then have the option of a). taking Maye, b). taking Harrison or c). trading back again for another 1st next year and another 2nd this year.

The possibilities are endless....we could end up with three 1sts next year, the top OL in this draft and Bo Nix or McCarthy in round 2.

If we can be sure that NE and Chicago are both taking players we don't necessarily need to have then we should try to bluff NE into trading with us to get their #1 next season. Then, sitting at #3 we may get another motherload of an offer because Harrison will still be sitting there as will Daniels or Maye. 

Why would NE need to trade up from #3 to #2 to draft Daniels?  And why would they give up all that to move up one spot when they would get their guy (Daniels - as you said they would take) at #3?

None of this makes any sense.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

No doubt RG3 started it, but a local reporter is blatantly trying to fan the flames.  "The Shanahan quotes I have on record would really add to this drama".  Just annoying to me.

I didn’t even realize she was a local.  I can’t quite recall why I know her name, but she was National and then did something to eff that up.

26 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

It's an example, no need for the ridiculous Sam comment. And you have no idea who would want to deal with us the same as I don't. It's a game of bluffing and trying to win the draft. 

Your scenario is ridiculous though.  It makes zero sense.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Your scenario is ****ing ridiculous though.  It makes zero sense.

Explain what part of it makes ZERO sense? It's an example of the possibilities that exist holding such a high draft pick. Explain your comment and what makes no sense about it. 

18 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

**** rg3 honestly

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Explain what part of it makes ZERO sense? It's an example of the possibilities that exist holding such a high draft pick. Explain your comment and what makes no sense about it. 

let it go man. no reason to argue about stuff were making up

12 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Don't want him.

Why would NE need to trade up from #3 to #2 to draft Daniels?  And why would they give up all that to move up one spot when they would get their guy (Daniels - as you said they would take) at #3?

None of this makes any sense.

We could easily market our pick to other teams who NE knows loves Daniels. Maybe Vegas, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, who knows. All we need to do is create the idea that someone is gonna trade up and take the guy NE wants to get them to move up. Again, it's just an example of things you can do with the #2 pick, don't take the details to the bank. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The part where you think NE needs to trade up one spot to draft the 3rd rated QB prospect when they are sitting at #3.  And giving up all that to move up one spot.  

On 1/15/2024 at 4:45 PM, El Mexican said:

Do you YOU know what is means, brah?

Because if we draft a new shiny QB and keep Sam we're looking at one when the new QB goes through the usual growing pains of the NFL.

He's under contract, yes. But that doesn't mean it's the best environment for the team or for himself to develop.

If the presence of Sam Howell on the roster has any impact on new coaching regime or our brand new shiny #2 overall draft pick QB....we need to just disband the team.

Seriously.

What would we even doing at that point?

End the club.

Tear down the facilities.

Salt the Earth.

Sam needs to settle into his very nice career as Chase Daniel. That's the life, man. His payoff for this nightmare of a season is tens of millions of dollars to wear a backward baseball cap on the sideline.

God, I want that gig.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I didn’t even realize she was a local.  I can’t quite recall why I know her name, but she was National and then did something to eff that up.

She got her car towed and went Karen on the tow clerk calling her fat and ugly.

40 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

We could easily market our pick to other teams who NE knows loves Daniels. Maybe Vegas, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, who knows. All we need to do is create the idea that someone is gonna trade up and take the guy NE wants to get them to move up. Again, it's just an example of things you can do with the #2 pick, don't take the details to the bank. 

So you assume that the new regime in New England is going to be missing some chromosomes and are going to fall for a ploy out of Draft Day: The Movie starring Kevin Costner and Roger Goodell.

I like this plan.

I'm excited to be a part of it.

• Haha 3

Everyone realizes that Jayden Daniels is going to put up a combine/pro day performance that will make him look like an Alien, and it's going to break the internet for a solid month. His vertical jump was 14 feet. His cone time measured in the negatives. He has a third nipple that produces Gatorade.

It will be a hoot.

Also the Cardinals are going to get Harrison and immediately win 10 games, and I'm already furious.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Everyone realizes that Jayden Daniels is going to put up a combine/pro day performance that will make him look like an Alien, and it's going to break the internet for a solid month. His vertical jump was 14 feet. His cone time measured in the negatives. He has a third nipple that produces Gatorade.

It will be a hoot.

Also the Cardinals are going to get Harrison and immediately win 10 games, and I'm already furious.

If we had a QB, I too would be upset that we passed up drafting MHJR, but since we don't, I can't think like that.  We need to find our franchise QB with the #2 pick.  I'm going to be excited to look at the tape from Williams/Maye/Daniels, to talk about/predict which QB will be ours by late April.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

They could do that which may or may not be a bad idea. There probably 3 years worth of rebuilding on this team. Problem is they would never hear the end of passing on the QB. Regardless, this is a 4 to 6 win team next year. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

15 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

It will be a hoot.

That's what I'm hoping for, and then maybe we can pillage the Patriots for some picks to swap and we take the guy that's gonna be better in Maye at #3 anyway.

Probably unlikely. If you love a QB you don't take any chances and should just take him at 2.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Would be interesting to see how often our offensive-minded HC candidates ran play action under center.

I don't know about PA but I know Ben Johnson likes to run the ball a lot and I'm assuming Bobby Slowik has concepts similar to Kyle Shanahan who is probably the best in the league at marrying run and pass.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, samy316 said:

If we had a QB, I too would be upset that we passed up drafting MHJR, but since we don't, I can't think like that.  We need to find our franchise QB with the #2 pick.  I'm going to be excited to look at the tape from Williams/Maye/Daniels, to talk about/predict which QB will be ours by late April.

Ehhh, I kinda like the cardinals. They've suffered even more than us in some ways, they've had the incompetent bidwill's ownership running the show since before WWII if memory serves, just saw on wiki they made the playoffs 8 times in his 61 years of stewardship. One playoff trip basically every 8 years, zero division titles between my birth in december 1974, and the arrival of Larry Fitz and Kurt Warner nearly 40 years later. Those fans have suffered, horribly. In fairness, Arizona has only had the team for about what 35 years or so, so its similar to us, but for any cardinal fans that stuck around even after the moves, its been never ending misery their entire history per always. So if they get Harrison Jr, and win a super bowl? More power to them, in honor of Red Claw, the funniest sock puppet poster ever. 

16 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

If the presence of Sam Howell on the roster has any impact on new coaching regime or our brand new shiny #2 overall draft pick QB....we need to just disband the team.

Seriously.

What would we even doing at that point?

End the club.

Tear down the facilities.

Salt the Earth.

Sam needs to settle into his very nice career as Chase Daniel. That's the life, man. His payoff for this nightmare of a season is tens of millions of dollars to wear a backward baseball cap on the sideline.

God, I want that gig.

Guess we'll find out in just a little while. 

We rarely ever see new regimes keep QBs who were hand-picked and publicly defended by a previous HC.

It's just not the way NFL teams operate. On paper keeping Howell sounds logical. In practice you'll have a divided locker room.

And yes, I'm pretty sure the new FO is thinking of salting the Earth.

The Snyder stench is so toxic it's an absolute necessity. If that means shipping and cutting a large number of players so be it.