Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I’m going to need receipts on “several people” that were Howell > Allen.  I recall like two, and most everyone else - including those who like Howell, were like wtf is wrong with those 2 people.

Feels like forever ago, but there was a period where Howell was getting national love, and  prominent members of this team declared him “the guy”.  That coincided with Allen’s struggles, but it was still egregious to suggest Howell > Allen.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

3 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I've heard people compare Sam to a rookie, does that mean that the eagles d is trash for letting him score more than a td? Devitto had a nice little streak off over 100 qbr. Plus the offense did nothing that game as well

Sam had a whole year in the NFL so not a rookie but 1st time starter instead. He did play last year one game. DeVitto wasn't the starter this year when the season started. Less experience. I hope you would understand that. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m going to need receipts on “several people”

that were Howell > Allen.  I recall like two, and most everyone else - including those who

like Howell, were like wtf is wrong with those 2 people.

Feels like forever ago, but there was a period where Howell was getting national love, and  prominent members of this team declared him “the guy”.  That coincided with Allen’s struggles, but it was still egregious to suggest Howell > Allen.

Allen is just so big and strong, if howell had his size I'd love to run it back with him. 

Just now, zCommander said:

Sam had a whole year in the NFL so not a rookie but 1st time starter instead. He did play last year one game. DeVitto wasn't the starter this year when the season started. Less experience. I hope you would understand that. 

I do, I'm just saying, even Dwayne haskins had a couple good games. My point is in those giants games the offense was not good enough. Especially the first one

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I got crushed for this for most of the year lol. I went to the opener against AZ and it was clear as day. The issue went back to college. 

I think both you and the poster you quoted there are simplifying the situation.  Everyone is aware that Sam holds the ball.  Which is why it’s malpractice to put a few average OL and 3 folding chairs in front of him, while he’s learning  an entirely new system, with a league worst defense on the other side of the ball.  It’s a recipe for disaster. 

And for the record, you will be hard pressed to find any metrics that indicate this line is average, and just like all the other lines that other fans complain about.  This line isn’t average and worse they have the propensity to have their biggest gaffes at the most critical junctures. 

• Like 1

Sam's been cooked for the last month. Surprised he lasted that long. Boy fears for his life ever pass play since day 1. Gets 1 series a game before he's playing catchup. Play calling is whacky. Hope he doesn't get permanently discouraged by the **** show he's knee deep in. My head hurts thinking about bringing in a high round rookie who's used to success. They be mentally (and possibly physically) broke by game 3. Sam's tough, he's a baller. Hope to see him get another season with some better support. If he can't cut it, we should be in position to draft high again in 2025.  

• Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm gonna need some proof that people were saying Sam> Josh Allen. I don't believe it.

I also hope it wasn't me, because I drink a lot and I like to argue.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I believe it was @zCommander and @illone.  I’m not even sure they were gung-ho about it, but definitely entertained it.

15 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Why would Sam not be here? He’s on a 5the round rookie contract. 

I welcome all solutions to this nightmare. In GM I trust.

As another poster, I can't recall who, pointed out, the new GM may choose to take a rookie QB with 5 years on a rookie deal over Sam who would have only 2 years left. Makes sense, especially if the new GM isn't sold on Sam and falls in love with one of the guys coming out.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think both you and the poster you quoted there are simplifying the situation.  Everyone is aware that Sam holds the ball.  Which is why it’s malpractice to put a few average OL and 3 folding chairs in front of him, while he’s learning  an entirely new system, with a league worst defense on the other side of the ball.  It’s a recipe for disaster. 

And for the record, you will be hard pressed to find any metrics that indicate this line is average, and just like all the other lines that other fans complain about.  This line isn’t average and worse they have the propensity to have their biggest gaffes at the most critical junctures. 

Does Sam have any accountability in the line play? At all?

Or as I asked like 3-4 months ago on here, is he just the unluckiest player ever and always has the misfortune of playing behind the worst possible linemen in every step of his career? 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

As another poster, I can't recall who, pointed out, the new GM may choose to take a rookie QB with 5 years on a rookie deal over Sam who would have only 2 years left. Makes sense, especially if the new GM isn't sold on Sam and falls in love with one of the guys coming out.

Braveonthewarpath93 posed this theory......yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Why would Sam not be here? He’s on a 5the round rookie contract. 

I welcome all solutions to this nightmare. In GM I trust.

This is where I am at with Sam. Why would you dump a cheap contract, with a guy who has shown flashes?  He needs a QB coach, to help correct some of his neg. tendencies and an OC that gameplans to his strengths. I mean Patrick Mahomes has a QB coach that he sits with on the bench and goes over plays with.  I will always remember Pederson working to Nick Foles strengths when Wentz went out injured. Total different scheming because they were totally different QB's with different skillsets. They won a SB because of it.  Yes, Sam is in his head too much right now and maybe he did some overthinking during the bye week. Who knows? @kingdaddyBringing up Aikman, when discussing a super rough rookie season is an understatement...lol! He struggled incredibly, ending with 1-15 record, 9 TD's to18 INTs.  Interestingly enough Aikman is a pretty level-headed guy temperament wise, similar to Howell. That season was a definitely a baptism by fire.  Maybe I am wrong, but if a guy can take coaching, they can turn around some bad tendencies. I trust we will have a proven GM and offense minded HC, that can work this out.  I just want to win.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Ok but you can and should have multiple QBs on your roster. So again. Why cut him from your roster?

Edited by CobraCommander

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Does Sam have any accountability in the line play? At all?

Or as I asked like 3-4 months ago on here, is he just the unluckiest player ever and always has the misfortune of playing behind the worst possible linemen in every step of his career? 

There’s a world that exists between no accountability for any sacks and your our OL is average and they are all his fault narrative, and I think you know that.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Congrats to the people taking their victory laps right now, we can still cripple our QBs like nobody's business. Ron has a nice tradition of never having a QB start every game of the season. Would be a shame to break that tradition now. But I'd rather do it with Fromm and his QB sneaks. Wait, we don't do QB sneaks. TE sneaks.

Most people know it's "a game". I'm not suddenly gonna bail on the guy because the schedule got tougher and the guys began booking vacations last months. He's a work in progress, don't know if he's gonna be great, good, either side of average, I don't think he's gonna play out as bust. He can play. We'll see, but if we have a top 4 pick, we were always going to look at the QB's, if we fall out of that hunt, maybe we don't. We'll see. No victory laps here, disappointing performances from him are a bummer, not a win (except for slotting). 

The man was straight up sacrificed to the football Gods

I've been rolling out the dang near assured scenario of Sam getting Ramsey'd or injured and explaining exactly how/why it was gonna happen since week 2.

What we did to Sam was malpractice.

Instead of throwing a dude over the side of a boat with an anchor tied to his leg we should have been focused on cultivation and development.

I would not want any coach on this roster near my developing QB in the future.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I believe it was @zCommander and @illone.  I’m not even sure they were gung-ho about it, but definitely entertained it.

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Oh, z was making irrational arguments about a QB? I am just shocked. Never in a million years would I believe that.

Lost in translation was that Howell was playing better than Allen when compared to 1st year as a starter. Allen even with his size struggled a bit his 1st two years. It wasn't until his 3rd year when the Bills put a playoff team around him. So let's do the same for Howell and he can be better than Allen. Howell still has a bit more moxie than Allen. Personally I wanted Allen to be our QB on draft day only on the fact that he went to Wy. I liked living in Rawlins when I was a teen. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Lost in translation was that Howell was playing better than Allen when compared to 1st year as a starter. Allen even with his size struggled a bit his 1st two years. It wasn't until his 3rd year when the Bills put a playoff team around him. So let's do the same for Howell and he can be better than Allen. Howell still has a bit more moxie than Allen. Personally I wanted Allen to be our QB on draft day only on the fact that he went to Wy. I liked living in Rawlins when I was a teen. :) 

I admire the double down lol

“more moxie” 

The guy that went throw for throw with Pat Mahomes in the AFC title game. The guy that’s about to drag his team into the playoffs during a down season. Come on.

What moxie has Sam showed? He gets sacked a bunch and doesn’t cry about it ?

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

6 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Hypothetical question, if someone offered stroud for howell would you take it?