Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

23 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I still can’t believe that anyone is hanging onto the idea that Wentz might be the answer here. He was beyond atrocious this season and it feels like wishful thinking to me. Hope I’m wrong. 

“Beyond atrocious” maybe a little more accurate now. 😆

I’m hoping we get to see Howell next week.  I really do hate it for the fans that we can’t seem to get the QB position fixed.  Maybe we’ll strike gold with Howell. We are past due.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If TH didn’t suck ass, Wentz was never an option is my point.  Both guys stink.

We were 5-3-1 with him. Rivera and company trying to justify themselves by starting Wentz and hoping he will light it up and he sure as heck didn't. Keep the QB that got you in this position. Simple as that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

One guy won more than he lost, which is what everyone and their mother were trying to scream in here. One guy lost more than he won. 

I’ll admit, I started to think it could be different and I was excited to see him this week. I have egg on my face.

The difference is I can own that, you’ll sit here all night talking about them both sucking so when your head hits the pillow you are able to have a restful nights sleep. 

• Like 1

The sad truth is that Wentz can not even complete some easy/basic NFL passes.  He was the worst player on the field.  With TH, I feel we would have been up two scores in the first half.

Edited by Wafers

If they both stink, Rivera should have realized that and never made the QB change. Or better yet, kept Howell as Heinicke's backup.

I was content with the change to Wentz but never in a million years did I expect him to **** his pants like he did today...apparently how he played early in the season is indeed his ceiling. If so, then Heinicke's ceiling is a bit higher than Wentz's ceiling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CommanderCarson said:

One guy won more than he lost, which is what everyone and their mother were trying to scream in here. One guy lost more than he won. 

I’ll admit, I started to think it could be different and I was excited to see him this week. I have egg on my face.

The difference is I can own that, you’ll sit here all night talking about them both sucking so when your head hits the pillow you are able to have a restful nights sleep. 

This. I was hoping I was wrong.

But defaulting to "they are both bad" is a cop out 

One had a winning record and never lost to a non playoff team. 

The other is 2-5 and couldn't beat a bad team.

The right, and ONLY response if you wanted to play Wentz is "I was wrong"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HogsVa7 said:

We were 5-3-1 with him. Rivera and company trying to justify themselves by starting Wentz and hoping he will light it up and he sure as heck didn't. Keep the QB that got you in this position. Simple as that.

He was god awful by every possible metric at assessing QB play.  Joey Slye is not going 4/4 from 58 yards every week, the defense isn’t going to force turnovers and score every week, the running game isn’t going to dominate every week.

There were zero tears shed when Heinicke hit the bench.  Rivera consulted with his captains for Christ sake.

He rightfully thought the offense needed a spark. He wrongfully thought Carson was capable of providing it.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He was god awful by every possible metric at assessing QB play.  Joey Slye is not going 4/4 from 58 yards every week, the defense isn’t going to force turnovers and score every week, the running game isn’t going to dominate every week.

There were zero tears shed when Heinicke hit the bench.  Rivera consulted with his captains for Christ sake.

He rightfully thought the offense needed a spark. He wrongfully thought Carson was capable of providing it.

5-3-1 vs 2-5

Same coaching staff.

Same defense

Same Online

TH never lost to a team with a losing record this season

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

🤣

Its almost like you enjoy punching yourself in the face.

Why did you want to see Carson, if you think Taylor was playing well enough to keep his job?

Do you think all the Captains agreed? What's your point here lol? Wentz was straight up garbage. Heinicke would have given us a chance atleast. Take your metric and look at Wentz today smh.

2 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

This. I was hoping I was wrong.

But defaulting to "they are both bad" is a cop out 

One had a winning record and never lost to a non playoff team. 

The other is 2-5 and couldn't beat a bad team.

The right, and ONLY response if you wanted to play Wentz is "I was wrong"

I disagree, I think both things can be true at the same time, 1) that those that wanted wentz to play were wrong, and 2) both QBs are bad. 

• Like 2

I don't know if we win the game with Heinicke today. We don't score points with him either and needed to score over 24 today with a banged up defense struggling in the 2nd half.

It wouldn't have been as embarassing as Wentz's hat trick of interceptions but the result would have more or less been the same I think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

If they both stink, Rivera should have realized that and never made the QB change. Or better yet, kept Howell as Heinicke's backup.

I was content with the change to Wentz but never in a million years did I expect him to **** his pants like he did today...apparently how he played early in the season is indeed his ceiling. If so, then Heinicke's ceiling is a bit higher than Wentz's ceiling.

Dude, me neither clearly.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Wentz would be as bad as he was.

I’m not sure how much more clear I can be that he was god awful and I, Ron and anyone else who wanted to see more of him was wrong about it.

But that doesn’t meant Heinicke doesn’t stink as well.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Man had dang near the exact same game TH has week in and week out.

No he didn't lol...stop it.

I imagine if you compared production and advances stats between the two in the 4th quarter when down by 7, there would be a significant difference. Hell, in past game day threads there were a ton of Heinicke doubters who were saying "Can we just tell Heinicke it's the 4th quarter and we're down by a TD when the game starts?"...One of the "K" guys here (don't remember which lol) even said he had to admit that Heinicke had ice water in his veins after the tying TD drive against the Giants. Nothing like that would be said at all about Wentz today.