Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I don't view Wentz as any kind of savior of the offense (assuming he is being named the starter sometime this week) but I do think there were some immediate small differences you see with a QB1 talent vs QB2.  When I say QB1 I don't mean Top 10 QB in the NFL, just someone with the physical attributes.  A lot of the short passing game, you can see the difference with your eyes the difference between Heinicke throwing to the sideline and Wentz.  Wentz is able to throw lasers that gives the receiver time to catch the ball and make a move with it to try and juke the defender where as Heinicke usually lofts a ball where it feels like they are waiting forever and the defender has time to come up and meet the receiver.  Arm talent isn't just about who can heave the ball downfield the furtherst. 

I think Heinicke had a pretty good 1st half against SF for the most part, but I also think the O-line played much more clean in that first half then they have in awhile considering the 49ers front 7, however once they made their halftime adjustments  the O-line went right back to who we thought they were. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Ummm... in real life while holding the clipboard and his knee of course. Let's not take credit away from Nick Foles who made it all happen though. 

That’s fair but without Wentz’s start to the season which locked up the home field advantage there is no way the Eagles win that SB.

• Thumb up 2

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Sigh.  I was thinking about replying to this with logic and reason.  

But it’s not worth it.

His only real solution is that we should have made an RG3 like offer to trade up for Justin Fields who is legitimately one of the worst passing QBs in the league.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

His only real solution is that we should have made an RG3 like offer to trade up for Justin Fields who is legitimately one of the worst passing QBs in the league.

I know.  And he doesn’t acknowledge that’s what it would have taken.  

It’s the only shot that counts.  All the others are discarded because they weren’t good enough, he disagrees with the player, or they weren’t going to come here so the shot wasn’t worth taking.

And he has a crystal ball and can predict the NFL draft 2-3 years out when the current bust rate of of 15 picks is about 50% after their senior year evaluations are complete. 

Of all the bizarre takes, it is one of them.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

So if Wentz starts the rest of the way and we won the Super Bowl (hypothetically) he gets all the credit, right? Heinicke gets none for helping the team get to the point where the playoffs are possible.

Just want to see if I’m following this.

Wait, what?  Are you guys now giving credit to Taylor for the wins? I thought it was because of the D and the running game?

30 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Wait, what?  Are you guys now giving credit to Taylor for the wins? I thought it was because of the D and the running game?

You seriously couldn't detect the sarcasm in that post?

I think this is half the problem and why this debate just goes round and round endlessly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

It wasn’t going to take that much. 

Any ways more swings > less swings 

40 minutes ago, zCommander said:

No, I am not. I give him credit for making Turner change the plan. 

But deflection isn’t a win. Answer the question please.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

It wasn’t going to take that much. 

Any ways more swings > less swings 

It was. We’ve been through it.  It’s like showing somebody 4 lights and saying “there are 4 lights” and the person demands there are 5 lights because they desperately want there to be 5 lights.

Stafford, Fitz, Wilson, Fields, Jimmy and Wentz are the ones we know of.

That’s quite a few swings.

I’m now waiting for each swing to be discredited as a checked swing.  That’s coming next….

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't mind signing veterans but agree with the first part of the point below until you find that guy keep swinging

The Howie Roseman strategy, who tried everything, trades, FAs, draft picks, keep swinging.  Don't lament each swing, expect misses but don't double down on a miss, swing again

Those of us that understand the game have been calling for this for decades. You draft QB's until you hit. You PASS on the "generational" DE that gets skipped at one because he isnt "generational" at all and take Herbert in his place. Even the Bosa's.....Great players. But neither is a QB. And that means everything. People keep saying oh you are wasting draft picks if you keep picking QB's. I say no. You are wasting draft picks until you HIT on your QB. 

11 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but did Heinicke pass the threshold in playing time to keep our 2nd rounder from being surrendered in the Wentz trade?

Unless we win the superbowl with Wentz at the helm then yes as far as I understand it.

Edited by rumplestilskin

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Those of us that understand the game have been calling for this for decades. You draft QB's until you hit. You PASS on the "generational" DE that gets skipped at one because he isnt "generational" at all and take Herbert in his place. Even the Bosa's.....Great players. But neither is a QB. And that means everything. People keep saying oh you are wasting draft picks if you keep picking QB's. I say no. You are wasting draft picks until you HIT on your QB. 

you are complaining we didn't take the third QB picked with the second overall pick.  How do you justify us going for Herbert over Tua.  Also Matt Stafford was aging and Daniel Jones hadn't set the world on fire.  How did they make it to 5th and 6th, if this is what people who understand the game do?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrJL said:

you are complaining we didn't take the third QB picked with the second overall pick.  How do you justify us going for Herbert over Tua.  Also Matt Stafford was aging and Daniel Jones hadn't set the world on fire.  How did they make it to 5th and 6th, if this is what people who understand the game do?

Herbert over Tua would be my choice.

Edited by rumplestilskin