Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

49 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

No bias...just need to see more. Even Wentz himself said he can't take that sack on 3rd down knocking them out of FG range. I have high hopes for Wentz and this team, built my Saturday around watching the 1st half only to see more embarrassment. I'm old enough to know that its only preseason but even RR said that performance on defense was unacceptable. The vanilla offense excuse is one thing but I have to watch the Eagles here in Philly and they are clicking across the board with their starters running the same vanilla stuff. I also heard where RR got after Turner on Saturday...maybe he expected more too?

I do expect Logan to help CW a ton.

Vanilla offense is not an excuse, it’s a fact.  I didn’t watch Philly but I’d bet they weren’t running anything exotic nor facing anything exotic.  

I don’t even think Hurts played.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in what transpired.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

For this fan base? Overthrowing a wide-open Dotson downfield on the first drive against the Jags will be enough lol…

I think people will probably **** and scream in the game day thread, but I doubt anyone will be calling for TH after the game (outside of the usual suspects who will call for TH almost no matter what).

• Like 2

Wentz to me has been fine in the preseason.

But what I put much more stock in is his camp practices.  According to those watching camp, Wentz has been playing well now for a couple of weeks.

As I said earlier about camp, I'll worry if those bad practices extend to later in camp.  By most indications, that hasn't happened.  Sounds like Wentz has been playing well in practice.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

Odd conversation with Keim and Sheehan on 980 just now albiet entertaining.  Keim goofs on the media's narrative that Wentz is a bad QB.  Sheehan challenged him on that, saying its not true (ironic coming from him) that there is this narrative that he's a bad QB. Sheehan goes who?  Saying its just the odd duck fan on twitter.  Keim goes its some in the national media.  And then goes that Irsay going off on him probably contributes to it.

Keim goes he's a top half QB, when he's right.  Sheehan goes yeah but it's been 5 years since we've seen that.  Then Sheehan goes on about how the Colts and Eagles wanted him out.  Saying its not just Irsay.  It's Ballard and implies Reich, too.  He's wrong IMO about Reich and he's wrong about the Eagles too -- Sheehan as I've said before was told on his own radio show from an Eagles reporter that it was Wentz who wanted out.

Keim was really good.  He goes they all hype Jonathan Taylor but its not like he threw to Taylor so -- so what.  Better weapons, here.  He agrees he's inconsistent as for his accuracy.  But he's an upgrade.  And then goes people were excited about Fitzpatrick yet Wentz is better.

It's not that he thinks there should be no concerns.  But to him Wentz at a minimum he's a major upgrade over the QB play we've had over the last 4 years, best QB since Kirk here. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sheehan now backs off on his point aboiut the negativity about Wentz.  He and his producer says yeah the national media is driving the negativity about Wentz.  Whereas the local media and fans are mostly positive about Wentz.

Yep, and thats why ironically to me Sheehan has stood out because he was one of the rare local media guys with has been very negative on Wentz.  Russell to some extent but I'll give him credit, he made his case against Wentz before the trade -- and then has somewhat backed off, Hoffman somewhat the same. 

But the local media if anything has goofed on the national media on their takes on Wentz at different times:  Standig, Phillips, Finlay, Keim, Paulsen have taken digs at the national media for it.

17 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Mayfield is fragile.  Darnold will be slinging touchdowns for the Panthers playoff run.

I recall it like yesterday when you were pounding the table for Darnold in that off season.:ols:   But heck you were with me about Stafford so all is good.  😀

• Haha 4

Football Outsiders hates this team and Wentz in particular but boy do the like them Eagles.  Someone argued with me about this on the FO thread, saying my take that the Eagles are hyped has no backing to it and its just some random fans on twitter -- as I told him, that's far from true. The Eagles are very hyped by much of the national media. 

3 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

I think that's him a little above and to the right of where 6yds. and 2.4sec intersect...his face is covered up by Ravens QB Anthony Brown. 

Is he still in a Colts jersey? I was think he was behind Daniel Jones but that Jersey doesn’t look as dark as Heinickes. What a terrible graph.

Even Russell now goofing on those that say Carson is a bad QB.   And Ruseel after Sheehan is probably the lowest on Wentz among the locals.  Russell saying if you want to see a bad QB watch Sam Darnold -- and Wentz is 10 times better than him.

Personally, I think the national media (and ironically Sheehan too) has little credibility on these QB transactions for multiple reasons and one of them is them lauding the Darnold deal last year.   And heck they still aren't as harsh about the deal as they should be I gather in part because they'd have to eat crow on it. 

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's true you were a big Mond guy too, forgot about that.  Miond and Mullens on the same team, how can the Vikings lose?

Cousins will be playing? 

(OOOOOOOHHHHHH, band aid for the knee that was below the belt....)

4 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Mayfield is fragile.  Darnold will be slinging touchdowns for the Panthers playoff run.

They should just run the ball and forget about the forward pass.   

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/8/22/23315892/all-in-los-angeles-rams-denver-broncos-russell-wilson-matthew-stafford-cleveland-browns

Ranking How “All In” Each NFL Team Is in 2022

Our Method

Teams have two main types of capital: money and draft picks. The Ringer’s All In-dex measures both. A team’s All In-dex score is 50 percent how a team pays its players and 50 percent the value of its draft capital.

image.png.05ae78c729e3cbb2e685790901aec138.png

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Even Russell now goofing on those that say Carson is a bad QB.   And Ruseel after Sheehan is probably the lowest on Wentz among the locals.  Russell saying if you want to see a bad QB watch Sam Darnold -- and Wentz is 10 times better than him.

Personally, I think the national media (and ironically Sheehan too) has little credibility on these QB transactions for multiple reasons and one of them is them lauding the Darnold deal last year.   And heck they still aren't as harsh about the deal as they should be I gather in part because they'd have to eat crow on it. 

Case in point - Cowherd just ranked the NFCE and has 1)Eagles 2) Cowboys 3) Giants 4) Commanders.  Reasons?  No Chase Young and has heard Carson Wentz has looked bad in camp.  Quite frankly, the narrative is exhausting....LOL

Edited by HigSkin
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Case in point - Cowherd just ranked the NFCE and has 1)Eagles 2) Cowboys 3) Giants 4) Commanders.  Reasons?  No Chase Young and has heard Carson Wentz has looked bad in camp.  Quite frankly, the narrative is exhausting....LOL

"has heard" but not "seen" . Yeah, bit lazy.

• Like 1