Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

39 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

People being kingdaddy, z commander and Peregrine.

The rest of us will hang on for a bit longer and then turn to Howell.  Wentz stinking doesn’t make Heineke good.  At least with Howell, there’s an unknown. 

I expected this kind of reaction from some and its cool, that being said, it would be nice to see Wentz play with some of TH's moxie and maybe make a play or two. 

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

lolol you expecting Wentz to be as good as Patrick freaking Mahomes?

Nope, but I do expect him to be able to buy some time every now and then and make a play. Mahomes is 10 levels better than Wentz. I guess I'd like to see more of a competitor out of Wentz than what he's shown so far. Get pissed off, tell RR they're going for it on 4th down after he misfires, do SOMETHING to spark the team. 

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Nope, but I do expect him to be able to buy some time every now and then and make a play. Mahomes is 10 levels better than Wentz. I guess I'd like to see more of a competitor out of Wentz than what he's shown so far. Get pissed off, tell RR they're going for it on 4th down after he misfires, do SOMETHING to spark the team. 

Bro it was a freaking preseason game.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

If Wentz struggles against Jax/Detroit people may be calling for TH...so far I've seen nothing out of Wentz and his bazooka arm. I hope he plays vs Balt because he looks like he could use the work along with Turner. Would be nice to see Wentz running around and making plays like Mahomes was doing.

the-office-jim-halpert.gif

Literally nobody besides a few Hive members here will be calling for TH. Nobody.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah, and it was for Mahomes and his team too....What we see is all we can go on. The Chiefs played with tremendous energy and made plays....we looked lethargic and uninspired. Time for our team leaders to demand more whether it's preseason or not. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

IMO it being preseason or not, or Wentz looking ok or not, has nothing to do with his post. He's harping on it purely because TH played pretty well. That's all there is to it. If TH had played poorly he'd be silent.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Yeah, and it was for Mahomes and his team too....What we see is all we can go on. The Chiefs played with tremendous energy and made plays....we looked lethargic and uninspired. Time for our team leaders to demand more whether it's preseason or not. 

Or the Chiefs have better players, including a QB who's the best in the league and can make incredible plays.

People often confuse attitude with ability.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Read an interesting take earlier. They said Wentz should have a chip on his shoulder but doesn't appear to have any passion or enthusiasm. They said Heinicke might have a weak arm but he has a lot more confidence and passion 🤔

I used to play tennis, pretty competitively. I can play with all the passion and heart in the world, I'll never be as good as Pete Sampras or Roger Federer.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Read an interesting take earlier. They said Wentz should have a chip on his shoulder but doesn't appear to have any passion or enthusiasm. They said Heinicke might have a weak arm but he has a lot more confidence and passion 🤔

Heinicke plays every preseason game with the frantic energy of someone who feels that game may be his last, for better or worse.

Because in his case, it may be.

This idea that fans can break down body language and a player’s psychology by the way he walks on the field in preseason is hilarious. One thing Wentz can’t be questioned on is his passion for the game lol, the dude is obsessed and a film hound. Heinicke happening to be a guy who obviously tries really hard in order to reach his level of mediocrity doesn’t add anything special to his game. A guy with moxie who sucks still sucks

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

14 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

If Wentz looks like he did in 2020 and we start off 0-2, I guarantee you that you're wrong.

I think I'd still be right. Even if Wentz looked absolutely horrible, probably the only people calling for TH would be members of the Hive on here. Most others would be wondering if Howell was ready and whether it might be worth it to give him a shot.

Though the most likely scenario with Wentz looking like crap would be Wentz playing the rest of the season and then the coaching staff deciding to move on from him after 2022 since we'd have no dead cap hit for releasing him in 2023.

The coaches have made it abundantly clear that they're not interested in Heinicke as a starter. I doubt that would suddenly change.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I used to play tennis, pretty competitively. I can play with all the passion and heart in the world, I'll never be as good as Pete Sampras or Roger Federer.

Better example:  You could argue Andy Roddick played with great enthusiasm, passion and heart.  And had a lot of talent.  

Roger Federer has a 21-3 record against him.

Wentz is Roddick.  Mahomes is Federer.  

Being Roddick isn't bad.  You win a lot of matches, make a lot of money, and marry Brooklyn Decker.  He has 1 grand slam to his name. Federer has 20.  

But Roddick isn't going to be Federer, and Wentz isn't going to be Mahomes.  

To extend the Tennis analogy, TH is Diego Schwartzman.  He's currently ranked 16th in the world. He's 5'7, 141 lbs.  Fast as a thief, plays with tremendous heart and enthusiasm.  But extremely under-sized.  

He's 0-4 vs. Federer

He's 1-11 vs. Nadal

He's 0-7 vs. Djokovich. 

He's 0-6 vs. Medvedev

He's good. But he is also what he is: he doesn't have the tools to beat the best players on the tour. 

And I know @kingdaddy is going to jump in to say TH beat Wilson, Brady, etc.  But as everybody else seems to know, those were somewhat lucky team-oriented wins.  

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Better example:  You could argue Andy Roddick played with great enthusiasm, passion and heart.  And had a lot of talent.  

Roger Federer has a 21-3 record against him.

Wentz is Roddick.  Mahomes is Federer.  

Being Roddick isn't bad.  You win a lot of matches, make a lot of money, and marry Brooklyn Decker.  He has 1 grand slam to his name. Federer has 20.  

But Roddick isn't going to be Federer, and Wentz isn't going to be Mahomes.  

To extend the Tennis analogy, TH is Diego Schwartzman.  He's currently ranked 16th in the world. He's 5'7, 141 lbs.  Fast as a thief, plays with tremendous heart and enthusiasm.  But extremely under-sized.  

He's 0-4 vs. Federer

He's 1-11 vs. Nadal

He's 0-7 vs. Djokovich. 

He's 0-6 vs. Medvedev

He's good. But he is also what he is: he doesn't have the tools to beat the best players on the tour. 

And I know @kingdaddy is going to jump in to say TH beat Wilson, Brady, etc.  But as everybody else seems to know, those were somewhat lucky team-oriented wins.  

Well said.

At the end of the day, talent wins. Of course you need that talent to work hard, be smart, be coachable etc. etc. I don't think those are issues with Wentz. He just needs more time in the system and settle down mentally.

Heinicke can play with all the heart and passion in the world, but at the end of the day, he is limited physically which means he limits the team's ceiling. If you can't see and acknowledge that then...I don't know. We live in different worlds. Join us in the realm of reality.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

If Wentz looks like he did in 2020 and we start off 0-2, I guarantee you that you're wrong.

The game day threads are hilarious. If Wentz looks horrid in game 1 there will be 25 people calling for him to be benched in the 2nd half, guaranteed. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Nobody sparks the team during preseason football games.  

Interesting you want Wentz to use his first preseason snaps with the team to tell his coach to eff off, keep the offense on the field, in a meaningless game.  One of the more odd takes I’ve seen.

Where was all this piss and vinegar when Heineke was pooping his pants the latter half of last season, 3 and outing, and throwing ducks to the opposition and getting our dudes out in the tent?

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

If he looks like he did in 2020, we're doomed, and it won't matter. People will be calling for TH, Howell, whatever.

I don't think that's really realistic.  I actually find the criticism of Wentz's play against the chief's baffling.  He did exactly what he was supposed to do, ran the offense, hit a few good plays, had what I think was a bad drop on one 3rd down.  

He took a bad sack.  Shrug.  It happens.  He was actually trying to extend the play a bit, and got caught. 

I think he was just fine.  I think he's going to be just fine. I also think they are going to dial up some more down the field stuff and try and get guys open when they actually have a game plan, which we haven't seen yet.

The Chiefs can roll out of bed, run a vanilla offense and make everybody look silly.  We can't.  Shrug.  It is what it is.  

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

The game day threads are hilarious. If Wentz looks horrid in game 1 there will be 25 people calling for him to be benched in the 2nd half, guaranteed. 

There were freaking out about Fitzy after 5 plays.  Little did they know he was only going to last 16 plays, and then be done for his career.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Nobody sparks the team during preseason football games.  

Interesting you want Wentz to use his first preseason snaps with the team to tell his coach to eff off, keep the offense on the field, in a meaningless game.  One of the more odd takes I’ve seen.

Where was all this piss and vigor when Heineke was pooping his pants the latter half of last season, 3 and outing, and throwing ducks to the opposition and getting our dudes out in the tent?

Can you imagine the circus if Wentz suddenly, in the middle of a preseason game basically flipped the bird to Rivera and Turner and decided to just start running his own plays? The roar of overall negativity about him now would look like crickets chirping in the aftermath of that.

This would be such a dumb take overall, but it actually makes sense when you look at it in the context of a Heinicke dead-ender frantically trying to push his guy after he played well in a preseason game, as opposed to some sort of even semi-honest take about Wentz himself.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Where was all this piss and vigor when Heineke was pooping his pants the latter half of last season, 3 and outing, and throwing ducks to the opposition and getting our dudes out in the tent?

For whatever reason, a scene from The Hunt for Red October popped into my head. James Earl Jones pushes a button to self-destruct a torpedo before it hits Red October (which, for whatever it's worth, I don't think you can self destruct a torpedo launched from a helicopter, so a little bit of artistic license there), he says "No, Commander.  Understand, you heard it hit the hull.  And I was never here." 

I feel like @kingdaddy's dream would be to pull the James Earl Jones on everything that happened after the Tampa game and make us all forget, and just say, "no, understand, TH WAS GOOD, you all are wrong, he beat Brady, Wilson, Ryan and Carr, he was good, and I was never here."  (And then flash a CIA badge to make it so.)  

YARN | You heard it hit the hull. And I was never here. | The Hunt for Red  October (1990) | Video clips by quotes | 2761fee4 | 紗

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Sure, there will always be folks that want the backup.  It’s almost a qualification to be a fan of this team.  

Per usual though, those fans end up looking stupid because the backup usually stinks too, if not worse.  

• Like 1