Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I think I might have posted this already but it's worthy of a repost.

This throw in particular is what has me excited about wentz's potential. 

To be moving to his left and throw back across his body with just a flick of the arm (not even close to a wind up or body throw) and throw a laser to the back of the endzone to a moving target that was covered.

That throw was sick!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Every single one of carson wentz's problems are from the neck up.

He showed what he's capable of in 2017 and then the injury and backup winning the superbowl got in his head

He has no physical limitations of any kind, at least not that I can see.

If our coaching staff (the first completely new one he's had since entering the nfl) can get his head straight, the sky is the limit.

I admit that's a big if but if they do there's gonna be a whole lot of crow on the menu this year.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Can't wait to the match up with Philly

Be careful what you wish for.  I kind of agree with Clark.  There hasn't been a repeat winner in the NFC East since 2004.  I don't think the Cowboys replicate what they did last year, and they take a step back.  I think we finish 2nd behind the Eagles.  I can see the Eagles winning 12+ games if Hurts improves to be a good QB.  They're ceiling is higher than ours, because they're a more talented team.  Our ceiling is 10 wins, which should be good enough to get a WC.  That Philly offense is loaded.  If Hurts can simply take a leap forward, they're gonna win this division with ease.  He's the only question mark on that team currently.  The scary thing is that they're playing with house money at the QB position.  If Hurts doesn't work out, they can easily use one of their 3 1st round picks next year to either move up in a great QB draft class, or they can offer the world to trade for a franchise QB.  They're sitting pretty right now.

I wouldn't drag Hurts if I was a Commanders fan either.  His two best games last year came against us.  Mobile QB's are our kryptonite.  Always have been.  Our defense didn't suddenly get better this offseason to handle mobile QB's, so Hurts should continue to feast playing us next year.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I think I might have posted this already but it's worthy of a repost.

This throw in particular is what has me excited about wentz's potential. 

To be moving to his left and throw back across his body with just a flick of the arm (not even close to a wind up or body throw) and throw a laser to the back of the endzone to a moving target that was covered.

That throw was sick!!!!!!

The other thing to note on that play is they needed it to win the game.  Wentz played really well at the end of several games down the stretch.  

I keep bringing up the Raiders game, the second to last game of the season.  He hit a 40+ yard TD in the 3rd quarter to give them the lead, then after the Colt's defense gave up the lead in the 4th, led them on a 9 minute drive, converting something like 4 or 5 3rd downs either on scrambles or with passes, before the drive stalled and they had to kick a FG to tie the game.  Then the defense let the Raiders walk right down the field and kick a game-winning TD.  

But Wentz got them in position to win that game twice, even though that wasn't his best game by far.  

I'll take the 2021 Wentz right now.  Flaws and everything.  If we get the 2019 Wentz, that's even better.

I do think it's going to take some time for the whole offense to gel.  This will be the 5th consecutive season with a different starting QB:

2017: Cousins

2018: Alex Smith

2019: Case Keenum

2020: Haskins (RIP)

2021: Fitzy

I think it's going to take the players a bit of time to get their groove on.  I still think they should win their first 2 games, but I don't think the full offensive fireworks will be on display until Halloween.  Give it 4 or 5 games, and I think you could see something really special.  

I REALLY REALLY want them to come out of the first 4 games 3-1.  Jax, Detroit, Dallas and Philly.  Win 3 of 4.  Even if they split with Dallas and Philly, that's fine.  But beat one of them. Sweep the two teams who picked first and second in the draft.  (NOTE: The Eagles also have Detroit and Philly weeks 1 and two, just in the reverse order. So they are most likely 2-0 also unless Detroit or Jax has a huge step-up.  And Jax did spend a gazillion dollars in the off-season.  

4-0 and I'm making SB travel arrangement.  (That's a joke for those that have a broken joke radar.)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

(NOTE: The Eagles also have Detroit and Philly weeks 1 and two

4-0 and I'm making SB travel arrangement.  (That's a joke for those that have a broken joke radar.)

1) the eagles play themselves?? They’re for sure going to win. stupid NFL giving them help :( 

2) you say you’re joking, but IF the team goes 4-0, I don’t think anyone would fault you for actually doing that. ****, I’d be on the same flight! 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, redskinss said:

That rule must be new huh?

Not sure how I missed it last year.

😁

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

1) the eagles play themselves?? They’re for sure going to win. stupid NFL giving them help :( 

2) you say you’re joking, but IF the team goes 4-0, I don’t think anyone would fault you for actually doing that. ****, I’d be on the same flight! 

I hadn't had coffee, get off my back.

1. The raiders walked down the field and kicked a game winning FG.

2. The Eagles also have Jax and Detroit their first too games.

And @Cooleyfan1993 at 4-0 I still wouldn't be buying SB tickets or airfare.  My assumption if that happened though is that Wentz would get hurt on the first snap of game 5, TH would play the next several game, suck, then Howell would play, he would play like a rookie, and they would finish 6-11 and miss the playoffs.  Because that's EXACTLY the type of thing which happens to the Washington Red Commander Football Team. (And I'm hoping by saying this out loud now, I am using reverse psychology so it won't happen.)   (Though I MIGHT book a refundable hotel in Phoenix anyway.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I do think it's going to take some time for the whole offense to gel.  This will be the 5th consecutive season with a different starting QB:

2017: Cousins

2018: Alex Smith

2019: Case Keenum

2020: Haskins (RIP)

2021: Fitzy

That actually would make this the 6th consecutive season.

Go get some coffee lol...

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, samy316 said:

Be careful what you wish for.  I kind of agree with Clark.  There hasn't been a repeat winner in the NFC East since 2004.  I don't think the Cowboys replicate what they did last year, and they take a step back.  I think we finish 2nd behind the Eagles.  I can see the Eagles winning 12+ games if Hurts improves to be a good QB.  They're ceiling is higher than ours, because they're a more talented team.  Our ceiling is 10 wins, which should be good enough to get a WC.  That Philly offense is loaded.  If Hurts can simply take a leap forward, they're gonna win this division with ease.  He's the only question mark on that team currently.  The scary thing is that they're playing with house money at the QB position.  If Hurts doesn't work out, they can easily use one of their 3 1st round picks next year to either move up in a great QB draft class, or they can offer the world to trade for a franchise QB.  They're sitting pretty right now.

I wouldn't drag Hurts if I was a Commanders fan either.  His two best games last year came against us.  Mobile QB's are our kryptonite.  Always have been.  Our defense didn't suddenly get better this offseason to handle mobile QB's, so Hurts should continue to feast playing us next year.

The Eagles offense is only loaded if completely healthy. In fact If you stacked our WRs against theirs I would take ours 1-5 over theirs. Miles sanders and Aj brown have both routinely been banged up. And as of yet Hurts has not been show to be a good passer. Can he show that this season for sure. But he hasn't yet. The league tends to catch up tp running qbs who cant pass. They beat one team who finished above 500 and that team started Trevor Siemian at Qb.  They got outscored by 88 points by winning teams (299-211). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

The Eagles offense is only loaded if completely healthy. In fact If you stacked our WRs against theirs I would take ours 1-5 over theirs. Miles sanders and Aj brown have both routinely been banged up. And as of yet Hurts has not been show to be a good passer. Can he show that this season for sure. But he hasn't yet. The league tends to catch up tp running qbs who cant pass. They beat one team who finished above 500 and that team started Trevor Siemian at Qb.  They got outscored by 88 points by winning teams (299-211). 

Not so fast my friend.  The only proven WR on the team right now is T-Mac.  Dotson could be, but we haven’t seen it yet.  Samuel is just as banged up as AJ Brown & Sanders.  AJ Brown when healthy, is a Top 5 WR, and TOP 10 at the very worst.  Devonta Smith had a great rookie season, and is legit. I definitely give the edge to Philly’s WR until further notice.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Not so fast my friend.  The only proven WR on the team right now is T-Mac.  Dotson could be, but we haven’t seen it yet.  Samuel is just as banged up as AJ Brown & Sanders.  AJ Brown when healthy, is a Top 5 WR, and TOP 10 at the very worst.  Devonta Smith had a great rookie season, and is legit. I definitely give the edge to Philly’s WR until further notice.

Heres why I disagree with you. You're 100% correct about Samuel and Dotson. However, the Eagles wr corp after Smith and Brown starts with Quez Watkins. Sims and Dyami our 4th and 5th Wrs go to Philly and are  upgrades over any WRs on their roster not named AJ Brown or Devonta Smith. They have no depth beyond the top 2 at all. Now you wanna say top 2 wrs yeah philly as of this second is better 1-5 however we are the better group

45 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

That actually would make this the 6th consecutive season.

Go get some coffee lol...

I nominate that post of mine as the most factually incorrect post I've ever made in 15+ years of posting on this board.  

(waits)

IT WON! (It was the only nominee, as every other wone of my 31,055 previous posts have had absolutely no factual errors.)

I will take my award in Starbucks Gift Cards.

"I would like to thank the academy...."  

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

IT WON! (It was the only nominee, as every other wone of my 31,055 previous posts have had absolutely no factual errors.)

Stop the voting process, I see there's at least one other candidate

Edited by bowhunter
  • Haha 2