Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, The Sisko said:

Horrified.jpg

What kind of monster are you? You need some serious therapy.

She wont see me anymore. I was posting this all day from my physicians office while I tried to get my personality drugs from him instead.

I'm also on blood pressure meds now, thanks z.  :ols:

Thanks jumbo. We've all tried to stop and be supportive of each other in not engaging, but it's about as hard as quitting smoking.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, illone said:

Important question:

Will Wentz be #2 or #11?

🤨

I was about to reply with a sarcastic douche answer, but then I remembered he was #2 with the colts, so that’s a good question. 

he’s been wearing #11 at practices with the team so far, so my guess is 11. 

plus cam simms changed his number from 11 once wentz arrived 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, oraphus said:

I can finally put my RG3  jersey to good use. good thing i can remove the name stitching :)

You’d also have to change the 0 to a 1 (third times the charm??)

surely you have a Djax jersey, right? 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Gotta be honest, I'm feeling the opposite, unfortunately...

That is the Best Policy.

Year to year, you can see how Wentz changed with his surrounding environment.

He clearly lost focus on fundamentals and they became bad habits when he had turmoil with Doug Pederson. Last season exposed critical flaws. Some of those were off-season correctable and some are Training Camp tasks, Preseason tests, and scheme/play calling mediated. To correct a bad habit takes 21-days and in Sports it's 10,000 reps. It's not going to be ALL-GOOD with Wentz and all of a sudden he's Pro Bowl quality Week 1. However, he can certainly build off of 2021.

He's put in the time, effort, and has the right mindset for sure, 100%.  He'll need to grow into the scheme and reads which might take a few weeks once the bullets start flying. He will be better than 2021.

Wentz needs a fast start for momentum. When he gets on a roll, watch out!

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Carson Wentz (@cj_wentz11) • Instagram photos and videos

Our whole team has the last name Commanders. I admit I haven’t been following that close the last month or so, but hey, really invites that family atmosphere. 

I hope Carson Commanders connects with Terry Commanders and Jahan Commanders on the regular and Antonio Commanders, JD Commanders and Brian Commanders really churn the tough yards. 

Interested to see Sam Commanders development at RT, too.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

?

You think there is a chance we don't run 3 QBs on the main roster? I don't think we have to worry about trying to stash Howell unless there is some sort of major injury.

We drafted Sudfeld in the 6th and he got claimed by the eagles and even got a super bowl ring. Stranger things have happened than stashing a 5th round presumed still somewhat raw QB on the PS.  Its not always about Howell or whoever we drafted. It's the rest of the roster and who they think they can stash and can't. Maybe he looks like trash in preseason and there are no backup QB injuries league wide. Demand for him goes down ability to stash goes up.

Edited by RandyHolt

4 hours ago, TheShredder said:

That is the Best Policy.

Year to year, you can see how Wentz changed with his surrounding environment.

He clearly lost focus on fundamentals and they became bad habits when he had turmoil with Doug Pederson. Last season exposed critical flaws. Some of those were off-season correctable and some are Training Camp tasks, Preseason tests, and scheme/play calling mediated. To correct a bad habit takes 21-days and in Sports it's 10,000 reps. It's not going to be ALL-GOOD with Wentz and all of a sudden he's Pro Bowl quality Week 1. However, he can certainly build off of 2021.

He's put in the time, effort, and has the right mindset for sure, 100%.  He'll need to grow into the scheme and reads which might take a few weeks once the bullets start flying. He will be better than 2021.

Wentz needs a fast start for momentum. When he gets on a roll, watch out!

We're all homers to an extent. Thats what it means to be a fan of any team. To bet on a player to bounce back, give me the physical attributes and intangibles. That's what Wentz has. Not many will argue with the physical upside, but some question his intangibles. I believe in the underdog, I feel like the chip that has been squarely placed on a 29 yr old QB who has flirted with Top 10 production throughout the majority of his career will have a positive impact for us. 

I like the scheme fit, the weapons he has at WR, TE and RB. 

I'm confident in our offense and think they alone will get us to the playoffs. I'm hopeful Chase Young, Montez Sweat, Daron Payne, Jamin Davis, Kam Curl and St. Juste have an uptick in production. 

If four of those six take another step. Let's go!

• Like 1

Yeah, I’m cautiously optimistic towards Wentz.  Love the surface level stuff - his arm strength, intelligence, and most of his past production; this offense should fit him and Turner seems to adapt to his qbs well; this looks to be a solid (or better) supporting cast for Wentz.  Could well be that we get a heck of a season out of him.

It’s the next level that brings in some questions.  And to be fair, many of them aren’t even about Wentz per say, but about the team around him and the play calling.  Specific to Wentz though, his decision-making (including “missing the easy layups”, missing his keys at times, and the “hero ball” stuff), his play in clutch situations, confidence concerns, the 3rd team in 3 years bit… it’s enough for me that I can’t be confident in him just yet.

19 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I'm not sure how we'd lose Howell. I don't see him landing on the PS unless he really stinks it up. At minimum I'd think he'd be #3 behind Wentz and TH.

I think Howell is safe but I think there's a legitimate question of how safe Cole Kelley is. Honestly I live Heinicke but would we be willing to put Kelley on the PS? Is he another QB with a chance to compete or is he just an extra arm? I want to say that clearly Heinicke is the better QB and right now he is. But Heinicke is also an UDFA QB who took some time to develop. if Wentz looks good this year, I could see a Wentz, Howell, Kelley QB room. But that means that Kelley has to be safe on the PS. 

• Like 1