Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

44 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

We have to give Houston a package so overwhelming that they will have incentive to convince Watson to agree to waive his no trade clause to come here or they won't trade him anywhere else.

If we could parlay a package including Wentz our next three first rounders, a 2nd this year, and a d-lineman of their choice (including Chase Young if they choose him) into DeShaun Watson I'd do it in a heartbeat!

We win the NFC East hands down and are serious contenders for the superbowl.

"Make it so." J.L. Picard

Houston would rather have Davis mills at less than a mil, and under control for 3 more years, than Wentz at 28 mil per.  The only way we would get Watson is if we overwhelmed Houston with a trade package that Wentz isn't a part of, and then turn around and cut Wentz or trade him for peanuts.  Essentially flushing those 3rds down the toilet.  And odds of that happening are the same as me playing qb for the skins next year.

42 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Technically the Wentz deal hasnt happened. We can back out if we want. We can "fail" his physical if we want. Our full allotment is available. 

Isn't that what happened to Ryan Grant several years ago? Dude got a fat contract proposal from the Ravens. When they sobered up the next day, they decided to fail his physical and cancel the deal.

500 IQ moves. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Best place for Watson is Carolina.  They pick #6.  Seattle also at #9.  Both are before our pick.  It could leave one of Pickett or Willis available for a team to trade up with us who are looking at the draft for a QB.  

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Isn't that what happened to Ryan Grant several years ago? Dude got a fat contract proposal from the Ravens. When they sobered up the next day, they decided to fail his physical and cancel the deal.

500 IQ moves. 😆

Good ol' Ryan Gruden

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

We have to give Houston a package so overwhelming that they will have incentive to convince Watson to agree to waive his no trade clause to come here or they won't trade him anywhere else.

If we could parlay a package including Wentz our next three first rounders, a 2nd this year, and a d-lineman of their choice (including Chase Young if they choose him) into DeShaun Watson I'd do it in a heartbeat!

We win the NFC East hands down and are serious contenders for the superbowl.

"Make it so." J.L. Picard

Under the circumstances, I'd imagine his flexing of the no-trade clause is much less of a thing than people think it is.  He's lucky to be anywhere and knows he gotta get out of Houston. I doubt he'd be out here blocking too many trades that keep him on ice.

21 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Houston will trade him to the NFC if possible.  I think Seattle, Carolina, and Philly are obviously the leaders in the clubhouse.  Hopefully he doesn’t go to Philly.

I pray he doesnt wind up in Philly.  Go anywhere else. That would be so on brand for this franchise.  We get their reject, they get the stud just by waiting a couple days.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Eagles reporter on Keim's podcast

A.  He's another reporter who understands the deal from the Commanders point of view. 

B.  He thinks losing Deflippio as his QB coach hurt -- he coaches Wentz hard and he seems to get through to him

C.  Super smart guy, football genius.  Said the Eagles were blown away by his football intelligence, says he believes he has a photographic memory

D.  Because he's so smart, its a double edge sword because he is "too smart",  and he has strong convictions based on that and can butt heads with coaches if he disagrees with them ala play design, etc.    

E.  The reporter disagrees that he's a bad locker room guy.  He sees him as a good guy.    Another Eagles reporter on 980 said the same thing.

F.  He's a small circle of friends kind of guy.  Pederson wanted Wentz to reach out to more players on the team beyond his circle of his friends.  But the reporter doesn't think that might be a natural thing for him the way it is for Jalen Hurts.  

G.  Foles leading them to the SB was an awkward dynamic and then when Foles left they drafted Hurts.  So for Wentz it made him feel like he's not their guy especially because they gave Hurts first team reps in the mix from the jump

H.  Hurts and Wentz didn't interact well together. Both Alpha personalities, went both ways inluding Hurts carried himself from the jump like he's the guy.

I.  Thinks this situation might be good for him, a good wake up call.  He might have felt all the issues he had in the past is on Philly.  Now it might give him a different perspective. 

J.  Thinks Wentz playing in this division will be great theater

Said his close friends with the Eagles included:  Jordan Hicks, Zach Ertz.    Ironically both of them are FAs right now. 

I sometimes worry that Turner isn't a commanding enough guy to get through to a strong personality guy like Wentz.  I say that though having no idea what kinda guy Turner is, but being a young, fairly unaccomplished and indistiguished OC, I could see Wentz tuning him out if things don't go perfect. 

I’m sure we knew we were out of the Watson market. Seems like Carolina and the Steelers are strongly linked, but it was report Pitt really wanted Wentz. No to Philly please.

I think Seattle through everything at the Texans for Watson. Only logical reason I can think for the Wilson trade.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

If he was playing hero ball he would have worse than a 27-7 int ratio. This is the nfl, you need to throw 50/50 balls. The dude has a cannon. His deep ball int is better than some punts. 

He did play a lot of hero-ball last season, watch his highlights. Playing hero-ball does not necessarily cause the QB any TD-interception problems as playing hero-ball is only an issue when it doesn't work. Big thing is that it does tend to cause you're sack rate to be higher than it should be and it could lead to bad TD-interception ratios if you don't have the personnel to support the play. We got one of the best 50-50 guys and other guys that are used to making contested catches along with an above average oline which increases the probability Carson's form of hero-ball is successful. Playing hero-ball is what destroyed Carson's 2020 season but also was the primary reason his 2017 season was so great. Playing his form of hero-ball when you have the skill-set to do it can also be a plus for the type of offense we run.

20 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I sometimes worry that Turner isn't a commanding enough guy to get through to a strong personality guy like Wentz.  I say that though having no idea what kinda guy Turner is, but being a young, fairly unaccomplished and indistiguished OC, I could see Wentz tuning him out if things don't go perfect. 

That actually might be a help in Carson's case.  If I had to sum up the most common theme of his "issues" behind the scenes: it's about his strong will butting heads with the coordinator's strong will. On that front sounds a bit like Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers -- have heard they are the same way on that front. 

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Hasn’t Waston reportedly said he wouldn’t go to Philly.

I mean if the Texans took their 3 firsts plus their second rounder in the deal, the Texans would end up with 4 of the first 19 picks and something like 8 of the first 80......

3 first rounders in a draft that's a month away is awfully enticing.   And that's scary, bc I hope he goes anywhere but Philly.

• Like 2

Just now, KillBill26 said:

3 first rounders in a draft that's a month away is awfully enticing.   And that's scary, bc I hope he goes anywhere but Philly.

Yep because future first rounders from a team trading for Watson must be deemed to carry less value. But 3 first THIS draft all top 20....on ****....

• Like 1