Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

I did not think that Wilson was going to be traded this year but he was. We need to get someone this year.

We missed on Stafford and Wilson because they did not want to come here. Find someone good to come here.

If Watson will come and cleared to play get him. No more excuses we need a qb.

No one good wants to come here. It’s that simple. If they don’t have better options then they will pretend they want to come here. That’s where we are. You might brainwash a Jon Allen every few years into buying in but that’s a rare foolish decision of a young athlete. Ron might be nice and likeable but these QBs want to succeed with younger offensive minded coaches as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I just don't understand.

I'd gladly lose games with Heinicke, who despite his faults seems to be a good human being, than win games with a (alleged) predator at the helm. I mean that in more than one way.

For what it's worth, I admire Rivera more every day for what he's been able to accomplish with that giant led balloon tied to his ankle that is the owner.

The have to get someone this year does it have to be Watson no but someone. I know Wilson and Stafford did not want to come here but we need a Qb this year. We were told we were all in for Qb get one.

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

IF it's true at all in any way I'm all set

You said it best with the bolded part.  It's going to be hard to get a criminal charge on him and the route this is going is most likely a civil settlement, due to the nature of the allegations being very difficult to prove.  That said, just putting himself into these situations is enough for me to be set in stone that I want no parts of him as my QB.  Should the defense prove that he never actually sought these girls out for 'massages' and it's all a big ruse - I'll apologize for judging him and would be more than happy to have him.  I think there's just about a zero percent chance of that happening.

3 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

The have to get someone this year does it have to be Watson no but someone. I know Wilson and Stafford did not want to come here but we need a Qb this year. We were told we were all in for Qb get one.

They're trying to get someone. Our led balloon has made that difficult to do. We have screwed up a bunch of opportunities and Rivera isn't totally blameless, but they have tried for two years. And I believe that completely. We are at a massive handicap here.

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

No one good wants to come here. It’s that simple. If they don’t have better options then they will pretend they want to come here. That’s where we are. You might brainwash a Jon Allen every few years into buying in but that’s a rare foolish decision of a young athlete. Ron might be nice and likeable but these QBs want to succeed with younger offensive minded coaches as well. 

It's not the coach it's ownership and organization. Trent Williams and the growth on his head not getting diagnosed. The trainer getting arrested for drugs last year. The sexual harassment charges, The Kirk Cousins problems,  the terrible stadium, and on and on. 

This is why we have to look at someone like Deshawn Watson. He a great player but would not come here accept for his problems. 

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I have a daughter. I don't care how good he is. IF it's true at all in any way I'm all set. I'd rather have Heinicke. I said what I said. 

As a woman who really likes football and is a Washington fan since 1963, I absolutely hate the league's attitude toward sexual assault and rape by players, owners, and other team staff. I abhore the Dan Snyder attitude and actions toward women in his building, notwithstanding his wife's professed feminist credentials. 

I don't want Watson here no matter how much we need a QB. For the same reason that Winston got a pass coming out of college with the accusations against him that were buried. 

What's it teaching our young children, young women and young men that sexual assault and rape is condoned? It's like that kid in California who raped a passed out girl by a dumpster and was seen by two other guys (Canadian BTW) who testified against him, he was convicted, and the judge said he was a promising athlete and this incident would harm his reputation and future and gave him a light sentence. 

This is why we have rape culture because of **** like this. Sex worker or quasi sex worker, no one deserves sexual assault/rape by anyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

We were told we were all in for Qb get one.

Does all-in include holding a gun to the head of GM's and players and threatening to shoot them if they don't make a trade?  Because that's about the only way we're going to convince an upper echelon player to choose here over elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

That's where I stand. Besides, at this point, trading Watson because he "gets off" is a bit like selling your soul or making a deal with the Devil. The question is what will you turn a blind eye to in order to win?

Even bigger is the issue that the sexual harassment issue is not resolved in Washington. It's not in the past. Sure, Ron and Mayhew had nothing to do with it, but the owner is under direct accusation and had to "voluntarily" suspend himself.

Watson will be asked nonstop about the issue . Even if He's not criminally charged; 2 things can happen:

He settles, which would be an admission of guilt to many. He fights the 22 women in court; no way this gets adjudicated in 22.

So he will be asked nonstop. Being on a team with its own issues; he'll be asked about it even more.

I fully expect it to affect his performance and after one season; will demand to be traded.

I can see protests; so you fans going to the stadium will have to wade thru protests. 

As for being suspended; the NFL won't do anything until his cases are settled or adjudicated. 

Washington is the last place he can go to and he probably knows that and will say no to Washington.

My guess Seattle, Carolina and Tampa will be the top  teams on his list.

It's not the coach it's ownership and organization. Trent Williams and the growth on his head not getting diagnosed. The trainer getting arrested for drugs last year. The sexual harassment charges, The Kirk Cousins problems,  the terrible stadium, and on and on. 

This is why we have to look at someone like Deshawn Watson. He a great player but would not come accept for his problems. 

I hope you are never in a position where a loved one or a friend, male or female, experiences these kinds of things. But even still, I find it hard to believe the lack of empathy towards the women involved because the guy is good at Sports Ball. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The AFC West just became that much more tough with Russell Willson under center for Denver.  If you are a team like the Raiders, right about now either you are holding onto Carr in order to try and tread water or of the mindset that it is time to rebuild & retool to build a new contender that can compete with the AFC West and not be constantly hoping for 3rd place in the division. 

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Does all-in include holding a gun to the head of GM's and players and threatening to shoot them if they don't make a trade?  Because that's about the only way we're going to convince an upper echelon player to choose here over elsewhere.

Hey, whatever works at this point. I’d be willing to do the dirty work too so that Ron and Mayhew don’t get in trouble :) 

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I just don't understand.

I'd gladly lose games with Heinicke, who despite his faults seems to be a good human being, than win games with a (alleged) predator at the helm. I mean that in more than one way.

You root for an org

-That has seen misconduct against cheerleaders.

-Accused of horrific workplace culture

-Is being disparaged on a congressional level

-Has a player being charged w/ involuntary manslaughter

-Has a stadium that is literally dumping on its own fans

-A head trainer under investigation for dealing drugs

-has a team associated personality doing jail-time for fraud

But acquiring a guy who 99% of people agree is not available unless cleared of criminal charges is somehow a bridge too far. What I don't understand is that if Waston is the line, how on earth did anyone opposed to the idea stay on board thru the otherstuff? Wouldn't peeps have ghosted when the cheerleader stuff dropped?

If I can stomach all the stuff this org has done in just recent history, I can for sure stomach getting a QB that has been cleared of criminal charges. Especially if that dude could ball.

If good behavior was a mandatory prerequisite, nobody would be a fan of this team. Sucks, but that's honesty right there

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The AFC West just became that much more tough with Russell Willson under center for Denver.  If you are a team like the Raiders, right about now either you are holding onto Carr in order to try and tread water or of the mindset that it is time to rebuild & retool to build a new contender that can compete with the AFC West and not be constantly hoping for 3rd place in the division. 

Im a huge Carr fan (was before the discussion of trading for him) love his stand up character and integrity … I’d love to have him here under center… I don’t think it will happen though…. But I think with what McDaniel did w/Jones in NE that he could possibility do the same w/a Pickett… Howell type etc…. Not saying Raiders would be instant contenders but I think he could really do a good job w/a rookie … just my opinion… but I think Carr is definitely staying 

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

You root for an org

But acquiring a guy who 99% of people agree is not available unless cleared of criminal charges is somehow a bridge too far. What I don't understand is that if Waston is the line, how on earth did anyone opposed to the idea stay on board thru the otherstuff? Wouldn't peeps have ghosted when the cheerleader stuff dropped?

If I can stomach all the stuff this org has done in just recent history, I can for sure stomach getting a QB that has been cleared of criminal charges. Especially if that dude could ball.

If good behavior was a mandatory prerequisite, nobody would be a fan of this team.

I'd be careful. I don't really root for this team all that much anymore.

They are my team because it's in my blood. But I haven't really cared all that much for years.

But to be blunt, when did I say I would leave? I just would care even less until all of the parties are gone.

This franchise is a joke and has been for decades. And I have said as much many times. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I always said, you dont wanna be Ron, you wanna be the guy after Ron.  Let Ron deal with all the shenanigans, scandals, etc trying to change the culture, all that. The next guy will surely be offensive minded, Snyder may not be here by then, it'll be a much better spot to be in.  

8 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

You root for an org

If good behavior was a mandatory prerequisite, nobody would be a fan of this team. Sucks, but that's honesty right there

I think we are very disingenuous as a fanbase.  We've looked the other way on a lot of stuff.  Maybe we complain a lot, but we keep coming back for more year after year.  To some degree, maybe a lot of people haven't, judging by the attendance figures and other metrics.  A lot of folks have bailed.  But for the ones left, I would agree, the line is carved in pencil, rather than stone.

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I hope you are never in a position where a loved one or a friend, male or female, experiences these kinds of things. But even still, I find it hard to believe the lack of empathy towards the women involved because the guy is good at Sports Ball. 

Football players are not roll models. This is Washington DC there unfortunately are many people like Deshawn Watson employed in DC ex Marion Berry, Bob Packwood, and Bill Clinton.I personal dont think he will be cleared and will be going to criminal court. At that point I dont want him, he is innocent until proven guilty. 

If he goes to criminal court then he is off the table but if he beats the charges then he should be looked at. In America you go to court to decided if someone is guilty.The NFL is a bussness. If he not proven guilty he is allowed to play

I agree with you I feel terrible for the people involved in this case and if proven true he needs to go to prison. He is not my first choice and the charges are terrible but, the NFL is a bussness the Commanders are failing. Washington DC and the NFL are not the most moral place on earth. If we don't get him someone else in the NFL will unless the NFL bans him from playing.

Edited by Redskins 2021

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Unfortunately, we all are in that position.  One in four women will experience a sexual assault in her lifetime.  Mom? Sister? Wife? Daughter? Grandmother? Friend? Co-worker?

Not to you at all KDawg, but to others: Which are you going to pick? And how will you explain your part in making that happen because you want things to be different but only perpetuate the culture?  But, but, he can throw a ball! 

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Football players are not roll models. This is Washington DC there unfortunately are many people like Deshawn Watson employed in DC ex Marion Berry, Bob Packwood, and Bill Clinton.I personal dont think he will be cleared and will be going to criminal court. At that point I dont want him, he is innocent until proven guilty. 

If he goes to criminal court then he is off the table but if he beats the charges then he should be looked at. In America you go to court to decided if someone is guilty.The NFL is a bussness. If he not proven guilty he is allowed to play

I agree with you I feel terrible for the people involved in this case and if proven true he needs to go to prison. He is not my first choice and the charges are terrible but, the NFL is a bussness the Commanders are failing. Washington DC and the NFL are not the most moral place on earth. If we don't get him someone else in the NFL will.

TL;DR - This is what rationalization, confirmation bias, and whataboutism look like

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I dont think this automatically vaults Denver over the Raiders in the pecking order.  They shouldn't be afraid of these people.  Let's not forget, the Raiders won 10 games with all the mayhem they had going on and coulda easily advanced in the playoffs. The Broncos still have some question marks in personnel this offseason and dumped a bunch of draft picks and players.  

If I'm McDaniels, I stand pat thinking I'm still the second best team in that division.