Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, here’s a question. 

What (realistically) can this organization do to get a top QB to want to be traded here? (Note: by “realistically”, i mean other than Snyder selling the team, because come on….that’s not realistic…..) 

i just want a top QB to choose US one day….this is just sad. 

Fix the field so they don’t end their careers. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Let's put on the breaks here and give Ron at least 5+ years first. I am just tired of the coaching carousel. 

Why? If you don't have a winner by year 3, you are almost guaranteed to be a fail. Since the founding of the NFL, only 1 coach of a non-expansion team took more than 3 while those who had 4 or more in similar situations were mediocre at best. So, if we don't win next season, we will only not have a new coach in 2023 because we can't find one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Try like hell to trade out of 11 and get future draft capital and punt on QB for another year and assume Ron is gone after 2022 or we muddle our way to 10 wins with a Mariota/Winston type and swing again in 2023.

To draft 19th after a 1st round loss and be in exactly the same spot the next year with no real way to go find a QB. 

Were stuck for the forseeable future. 

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

They're probably going to go all out for Watson now, but probably strike out again.

Yeah, gotta go hard for him now unfortunately, before the case resolves. Because if you wait and he gets cleared, Philly will pounce with their  4 1st round picks in the next 2 drafts. Seattle now also has 4 1st round picks. If either is in on Watson, we are cooked.

• Like 1

This Wilson trade makes me think the Seahawks, who now hold the 9th overall pick in 2022 (if I'm reading the deal correctly), are going to use the picks to go after Watson.  That way Watson gets out of the AFC and the Texans then get the picks to further their rebuild.  

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Yeah, gotta go hard for him now unfortunately, before the case resolves. Because if you wait and he gets cleared, Philly will pounce with their  4 1st round picks in the next 2 drafts. Seattle now also has 4 1st round picks. If either is in on Watson, we are cooked.

I think it would be 3 first and Young  for Watson. They need dline and it's a player they can sell tickets with. Watson has to clear criminally first.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 2

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

I think it would be 3 first and Young  for Watson. They need dline and it's a player they can sell tickets with. Watson has to clear criminally first.

And as desperate as we are for a QB, I might pass on that. Because you'll also need to pay Watson $45m a year. And replace Young. And have no 1st round picks for 3 years to replenish talent. Idk. I would be happy to have Watson.

I just want to do it "right" though. Can we finally hit on a QB? Willis feels like a "hit" for me. Corral too, to a lesser extent. But there's huge risk and downside as well. Oye.

If they strike out on Watson and Carr and it looks like they'd have to give up a boatload to move up to grab Willis, a smart play may be to flip the 2nd round pick for Love & trade this year's first for a 2nd and a future first and another Day 2 or Day 3 pick.

You then get to see if Love can be the guy. If not, you'll have 2 1sts to move up to grab Stroud or Bryce Young in 2023 or you have the assets to trade for Carr if he hits the market then

i guess the silver lining for me is that neither the Giants nor the Eagles got him. They had a lot of ammo to go for QB upgrade.

From what I am reading, despite what we were fed early on neither Seattle nor Wilson wanted to dance with Washington. Not sure there was a way to win here.

15 minutes ago, Redwards said:

wait a year to draft a guy in the '23 draft

I just dont think they can see this as a serious way to address it. They HAVE to trade down if this is the case. They will not be in any position to be drafting a QB next year either. So they are going to have to trade up to get one. But I dont think it happens. IMO the best case Ron and Co have for finding an elite QB is this draft. 

• Like 1

Ok.  I think we have to calm down and get realistic about this year.  Watson is going to be difficult.  It just the truth on many levels.  We have to make the defense the number 1-2 unit in all of the NFL.  We can do this because it only requires money.  Fill the safety and mike holes and we are dominant on that side.  Lets be realistic  We need a QB we cannot get one now, that's the facts.  Lets not dwell on it, lets work the problem.  If we can become dominant on defense then that makes us a more desirable destination, something a QB will look at say we have a championship defense If I go there I am the missing piece.  Since everyone is ok with Watson, I mean Winston could be the guy.  Ron at the very least is a good human, and I think could have  Jimbo Fisher type effect on Winston.  He seems to have turned the corner a little based on what I have read about him.  But i would def look at the defense and make it truly special.

1 minute ago, method man said:

If they strike out on Watson and Carr and it looks like they'd have to give up a boatload to move up to grab Willis, a smart play may be to flip the 2nd round pick for Love & trade this year's first for a 2nd and a future first and another Day 2 or Day 3 pick.

You then get to see if Love can be the guy. If not, you'll have 2 1sts to move up to grab Stroud or Bryce Young in 2023 or you have the assets to trade for Carr if he hits the market then

That not a bad idea.

There’s nothing to be calm about, things aren’t going well for this team lol. Nobody’s screaming crying throwing up about it only because our passion has been blunted by well-deserved and earned apathy. But this team is in trouble at the QB position and going nowhere interesting without figuring that out. 

• Like 3