Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m curious if those who believe we must make a huge play for Watson have looked into the allegations.  Even if it doesn’t end up criminal, to put it lightly, he’s at minimum got some personal issues he needs to work out.

Beyond it being a very bad look for a sexual assault saddled organization like ours, he appears to have zero interest in coming here.

Wait what?  Putting yourself in those positions nearly two dozen times is indicative of future behavior?

No way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Wait what?  Putting yourself in those positions nearly two dozen times is indicative of future behavior?

No way.

The level of consistency among the allegations from folks who don't have any connections to one another outside of being hired individually by Watson is rather damning as well.

It's creepy to me when football fans that have absorbed the allegations fantasize about acquiring this dude.  Not just acquiring him, but getting into a bidding war and giving up major assets to do so.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m curious if those who believe we must make a huge play for Watson have looked into the allegations.  Even if it doesn’t end up criminal, to put it lightly, he’s at minimum got some personal issues he needs to work out.

Beyond it being a very bad look for a sexual assault saddled organization like ours, he appears to have zero interest in coming here.

He definately has some major issues off the field and unfortunately so does our organization for the same or similar reasons. That being said the NFL is a cruel place where winning trumps moral standards.  Right or wrong it is what it is. His interest in his destinations are obviously a factor.

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Bring back Kirk Cousins, DeSean Jackson, and Trent Williams. Band back together.

Break CP out of jail too.

• Thumb down 1

9 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

He definately has some major issues off the field and unfortunately so does our organization for the same or similar reasons. That being said the NFL is a cruel place where winning trumps moral standards.  Right or wrong it is what it is. His interest in his destinations are obviously a factor.

no, it really doesn't because the NFL can suspend people for moral standards stuff.  Ray Rice had his career ended for attacking his fiancee

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The level of consistency among the allegations from folks who don't have any connections to one another outside of being hired individually by Watson is rather damning as well.

It's creepy to me when football fans that have absorbed the allegations fantasize about acquiring this dude.  Not just acquiring him, but getting into a bidding war and giving up major assets to do so.

Yeah, I'm with you.  We have problems with players with, obviously, unintentional injury histories.  We're gonna pass on this behavior or even being put in the position to be accused of this behavior?  Doesn't jive well with me.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MrJL said:

no, it really doesn't because the NFL can suspend people for moral standards stuff.  Ray Rice had his career ended for attacking his fiancee

You cant compare apples to oranges. Ray Rice was caught on camera in his case so there was no defense. Your right the NFL will proceed as it sees fit and as they should. As it stands now there is no criminal case. Obviously teams will let the process play out before taking the plunge.

27 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Yeah, I'm with you.  We have problems with players with, obviously, unintentional injury histories.  We're gonna pass on this behavior or even being put in the position to be accused of this behavior?  Doesn't jive well with me.

I fully understand this point. Even if he settles his cases there was enough evidence he was a slime ball at the very least. Any team will have to take its PR lumps if they sign him. Its a polarizing conundrum. People will want to see him fail. That being said I personally wouldnt feel like I am a creep or stooping to a low if he became a member of this team. I am a fan and try to keep my eyes on the product on game day. I am not a believer that human beings dont deserve second chances. 

32 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I fully understand this point. Even if he settles his cases there was enough evidence he was a slime ball at the very least. Any team will have to take its PR lumps if they sign him. Its a polarizing conundrum. People will want to see him fail. That being said I personally wouldnt feel like I am a creep or stooping to a low if he became a member of this team. I am a fan and try to keep my eyes on the product on game day. I am not a believer that human beings dont deserve second chances. 

It's indicative of future behavior.  I'd still cheer for the team and our quarterback, just not him personally.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

I wouldn't spend too much time watching/looking into Mariota, Trubisky or Bridgewater. If any of them are here it needs to be as a bridge that is better than Heinicke. Nothing more.

Yep. We have to draft a rookie also, if We sign them.  Thing is, if Ron ad his gm crew sign them; would they still draft a QB?  Or punt for the future? Stay tuned.

12 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

I think Cousins, Watson, Wilson and Carr are moved when all is said and done. Maybe not Carr but I feel the others will move.

Trubiski, Mariota, Winston are JAGS that will fill stop gap options and one may emege as viable if not solid player like Tannehill became.

Cousins is 45 million cap hit. That isn't happening. Minny will not find a team to take on all or part off that salary.

2 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Just saw that Watson would be interested in teaming with Flores if Giants hire Flores. That could make Jones a reclamation project if skins wanted to talk trade. Allot on here wanted Jones..do they still?

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/16/if-new-york-giants-hire-brian-flores-could-deshaun-watson-become-option/

Who wanted Jones? There were a few who wanted him over Haskins. but even that crowd was small. But virtually everyone I saw even on this board saw Jones as a 2nd/3rd rd project. There was nothing to suggest he would have much success. And he has not. BTW: Most that I saw, myself included, do NOT want either QB. But that ship has sailed.

He got hot early in his career and the Giants got enamored with the potential - potential he has never reached. He is an inaccurate (yes despite being called danny dimes he misses a lot) who fumbles and throws interceptions. Have not looked this year but going into the year he was turning the ball over twice a game on average and his comp % was mid to low 60's. Not exactly the stuff of legends. 

So he is NOT a reclamation project and he is a never was. If they somehow end up with Jones as anything but a backup, that has to be a considered a complete failure of the organization. 

Logan Paulsen on Keim Podcast about draft QB's:

If Trask and Mills came out this year they would be in the conversation for top 5 prospects.

Pickett- Stands out physically. Good arm. Gunslinger. Questionable decision making.

Willis- Best tools of all of them. Bad and good games. What is his ability to learn?

Corral- Good and bad games.

Ridder- A more advanced version of Heineke 

Strong- No athleticism. Throws a lot of short passes that get good YAC. Not impressed.

Edited by actorguy1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think we have to go after Watson first. Big risk bigger reward. We become an 11 win team with him dark horse for super bowl. It will be difficult to get him but we could have 10 years of Top QB play with him here.

After that Carr or Jimmy G neither is prefect but both are above average. They will cost alot but are proven Qb. Both top 15 QB. Problems are Jimmy G injury history and will Carr be available this off season.

Then we should look at rookie vet combos. This is the most likely route we will take. I hope they have a real idea what to do this year because last was a disaster when they did not get Stafford. 

If Watson settles his lawsuits and avoids going to prison; he will be suspended for 8 games at minimum. Since it is the Commanders; I can see Roger suspend him for as year.

I can se us trade for him and then watch him get convicted and not even play for us. He spends his prime years rotting in jail.

I still don't see how this team can sign a sexual predator.

1 minute ago, actorguy1 said:

If Trask and Mills came out this year they would be in the conversation for top 5 prospects.

Pickett- Stands out physically. Good arm. Gunslinger. Questionable decision making.

Willis- Best tools of all of them. Bad and good games. What is his ability to learn?

Strong- No athleticism. Throws a lot of short passes that get good YAC. Not impressed.

Trask would be no where near a top 5 prospect.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If Watson settles his lawsuits and avoids going to prison; he will be suspended for 8 games at minimum. Since it is the Commanders; I can see Roger suspend him for as year.

I can se us trade for him and then watch him get convicted and not even play for us. He spends his prime years rotting in jail.

I still don't see how this team can sign a sexual predator.

They have to at least look at it. It may be to much but they have to look into it. They will know more then the fans will know with there investigation. All this stuff has to be resolved criminally before we can take him. The civil stuff can wait we can not have him if he could still go to prison.

13 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

If that is the case don't draft one get a vet. Don't try to force it. Make sure the guy is worth it.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

1) It's not the case.

2) "Get a vet" is easy to say, hard to execute.

I came in here to say the same thing, I love me some Logan Paulsen he's off on a lot of his analysis in regards to these qbs.  Is it a weaker class than last year, probably but there's solid options in qb with 3 or 4 of them with some having potential to surprise.

2 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

I came in here to say the same thing, I love me some Logan Paulsen he's off on a lot of his analysis in regards to these qbs.  Is it a weaker class than last year, probably but there's solid options in qb with 3 or 4 of them with some having potential to surprise.

If he were in this class I have Trask behind:

1) Howell

2) Corral

3) Willis

4) Pickett

5) Zappe

6) Strong

7) Mordecai

8 ) Trask

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

1) It's not the case.

2) "Get a vet" is easy to say, hard to execute.

It will not be easy to get a vet but possible. Let say we do pick a rookie. How long do we wait till he is a bust. We gave up on Haskins after a year do we give the new guy 3 or 4 years to get established.

I think we're closer to winning then to rebuilding get a top 15 vet if top teir vet does not work out. We have the cap space to get someone now.

Edited by Redskins 2021

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If he were in this class I have Trask behind:

1) Howell

2) Corral

3) Willis

4) Pickett

5) Zappe

6) Strong

7) Mordecai

8 ) Trask

i know it's all suggestive, especially at this point, but I'll die on the hill...Strong is going to be the best qb in this draft class

Edited by thelongestbreath

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

It will not be easy to get a vet but possible. Let say we do pick a rookie. How long do we wait till he is a bust. We gave up on Haskins after a year do we give the new guy 3 or 4 years to get established.

I think we're closer to winning then to rebuilding get a top 15 vet if top teir vet does not work out. We have the cap space to get someone now.

A top 15 QB doesn;t grow on trees and aren't always available. Who do you think we're going to A) Have the ammo to trade for and B ) will want to play here?

Haskins got 2 years also.

You give up on the guy when he shows he doesn't get it. Rough season but working his ass off and the team/locker room is fine with him? Another year. You flame out and no one takes you seriously? You move on.

1 minute ago, thelongestbreath said:

i know it's all suggestive, especially at this point, but I'll die on the hill...Strong is going to be the best qb in this draft class

I'd be surprised. But its all a crapshoot.

I'd like him a lot more if his knee wasn't tissue paper. But he is a statue in the pocket so you better be able to protect him. But he has a great arm.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

A top 15 QB doesn;t grow on trees and aren't always available. Who do you think we're going to A) Have the ammo to trade for and B ) will want to play here?

Haskins got 2 years also.

You give up on the guy when he shows he doesn't get it. Rough season but working his ass off and the team/locker room is fine with him? Another year. You flame out and no one takes you seriously? You move on.

I'd be surprised. But its all a crapshoot.

I'd like him a lot more if his knee wasn't tissue paper. But he is a statue in the pocket so you better be able to protect him. But he has a great arm.

What is this team? 

Are we win all chips in?

Are we a rebuild ?

Are we half in and half out?

We have to figure out where we are on that team scale before we get a QB. Rookie Qb usually come in and play rite away now. I don't think rite now we have a guy that a rookie can sit behind for the year and get a vet that makes us competitive to win rite now.

If we get a rookie throw him in rite away get him experience but expect to lose. You can't go after Stafford one year and then tell me we are going rookie QB the next. You can't get a rookie Qb and tell me we are also getting a vet to win now.

What is this team rebuild or all chips in?

8 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

We did not give up on Haskins. He does not care about football. He gave up, not us.

Getting rid of Haskins was rite move. We never should.have had Haskins.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

What is this team? 

Are we win all chips in?

Are we a rebuild ?

Are we half in and half out?

We have to figure out where we are on that team scale before we get a QB. Rookie Qb usually come in and play rite away now. I don't think rite now we have a guy that a rookie can sit behind for the year and get a vet that makes us competitive to win rite now.

You're all over the place.

You said you want a top 15 vet QB. You don't get one of them easily. The first problem with that is one has to be available.

If you get a rookie and somehow acquire a top 15 vet you're looking at the Zappe range of QB as a rookie, not the higher end of the spectrum.