Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Its overthinking and prospect fatigue. Maye has been the slam dunk QB2 for 2 years now and would be #1 overall many other years. Everything else is just killing time and filling air time until end of April.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Not into AI and this is a game.  It has been programmed by man and is only a good as the programmer(s) that programmed it.  It is full of errors.  This is why the game is played by humans not robots and God forbid it becomes played by robots one day.  

Hmmm...

You might like a German television mini-series from the 70's by a true genious, Rainer Werther Fasbender (the father of Michael Fasbender btw) called "World on A Wire".

It has a 98% score on Rotten Tomatoes, fwiw.

Definitely made for those with a mental palate on the edge of bizarre and just this side of certifiably insane.

Here's the very understated blurb on it:

"A scientific project to predict the future using simulated humans living in an artificial world has strange effects on those who work on it."

Strange effects indeed. lol

It is a true mind blowing deep thinkers film, think the Matrix on acid.

Made over a decade before the matrix was even conceived by the Wachowski brothers.

Definitely not for everyone, though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Hmmm...

You might like a German television mini-series from the 70's by a true genious, Rainer Werther Fasbender (the father of Michael Fasbender btw) called "World on A Wire".

h.

No, he's not Michael Fassbender's father.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

From that chart, Bo Nix and Drake Maye are basically polar opposite QBs. Nix is a safe dink and dunk high percentage guy and Maye is a push it down the field big time throw guy.

This confirms my priors and as such, I will declare it a good chart. 

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

No, he's not Michael Fassbender's father.

You mean the internet has lies in it!! lol

I read that they were related years ago and when I wrote this I thought for a second-- should I check it?-- then I said no, it's established fact. lol

Lesson for the day: Assume no facts, until they are verified as facts.

Thanks!

XXXXXXXX

A taste for those still interested despite my faux pas (warning spoilers)...

Note: if you search for it on youtube the entire movie can be found but I don't want to post a link to it because that might lead to its sudden disappearance.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I'm telling you, man. It's McCarthy. 

Nah. My take on the "weather thing" is it comes down to arm strength. That is one of my main concerns with Daniels. He fluttered balls all over the field in college. Imagine what is gonna happen in the lInc or Met Life in mid December. I dont trust Daniels arm to drive balls into the winds in those stadiums. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BMagic said:

Projection is the hardest part. A different sport, but I saw Kemba Walker will his UCONN squad to a National Championship after leading them through the Big East Tournament. I never thought he'd end up having a better pro career than Kyrie Irving, who only played 11 games at Duke. Same position, relatively the same size players. It's levels to it and Kemba has had a solid career nonetheless. Kyrie has had ups and downs, but is a Hall of Famer with one of the most iconic shots in NBA history.

In football, it's even tougher to evaluate QBs because guys play in different schemes and the talent level of teammates and between teams is so widespread across the board. Mahomes was absolutely lighting it up at Texas Tech and had footwork issues coming into the league. Reid/Ryan Poles saw something there, as did Kingsbury. If Kingsbury sees similar traits in one of these top guys, I'll trust his judgement even though the final call comes down to Peters.

This was utterly incomprehensible.

Try again.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Deion is saying Williams is going to "pull an Eli." I'm not taking that (Or Deion) seriously, but it's kinda fun to play that "what if." 

Think of Williams refusing Chicago and insisting on Washington. 😁😛🤡 

Aside from everything, I'm not entirely sure what's so terrible about going to Chicago. It's a team with at worst an average roster.

None of the teams at the top of the draft are exactly screaming stability. We have a new coach and a new owner and a bad stadium. NE has a new coach and an 82 year old owner who just turfed the greatest coach ever (maybe). 

Arizona is Arizona. So...where does he want to go instead? 

42 minutes ago, mistertim said:

From that chart, Bo Nix and Drake Maye are basically polar opposite QBs. Nix is a safe dink and dunk high percentage guy and Maye is a push it down the field big time throw guy.

I think Nix throws a better mid range ball than he gets credit for. My issue with him is he has already hit his ceiling imo. What you see is all you are ever gonna get from him. That might be good enough to win with though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I've been on this board for close to 20 years.

In that time, I've wanted to ask this question a lot.

"Is "bias" what you people think "biased" is?"

194eeaa4-352d-4e3b-abf4-a48358e75a83_tex

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

I am so effing confused as to how McCarthy and Penix rocketed up the boards and the former is suddenly a legit shot at #2.

Like, they haven't played any more games. Their bodies haven't changed. They're not walk ons.  I just don't understand the process.

Also I have wanted to be annoying the **** out of people for months by saying "It's gonna be Maye." Justin Timberlake still hasn't responded but whatever.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Also I have wanted to be annoying the **** out of people for months by saying "It's gonna be Maye." Justin Timberlake still hasn't responded but whatever.

Justin Timberlake Stare GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Aside from everything, I'm not entirely sure what's so terrible about going to Chicago. It's a team with at worst an average roster.

None of the teams at the top of the draft are exactly screaming stability. We have a new coach and a new owner and a bad stadium. NE has a new coach and an 82 year old owner who just turfed the greatest coach ever (maybe). 

He told me to not tell you, specifically.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Hey! We have great winters!!

19 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

A sad indictment on us as MODs. Collective failure.

🙂 

• Haha 6
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

In that time, I've wanted to ask this question a lot.

"Is "bias" what you people think "biased" is?"

Bias is the phrase used when you think biased doesn’t fit correctly within the sentence. So you type something and hope there isn’t someone that wants to pick it out.

It’s fine, Lombardi’s_kid_brothers.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I am so effing confused as to how McCarthy and Penix rocketed up the boards and the former is suddenly a legit shot at #2.

Like, they haven't played any more games. Their bodies haven't changed. They're not walk ons.  I just don't understand the process.

There's actually a very simple answer to this: they're not legit shots at #2. They never were. It's all just pre-draft nonsense. I think McCarthy will quite possibly go top 10, but no shot at #2. It's clickbait, nothing more.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 4