Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Hartman will be a good test case for VR.  And maybe even like Fromm and Mariota as well.

Can you take a young probably future backup QB and make them somewhat competent through VR?  Can you take a current backup QB who is still somewhat young and elevate their game?  Can you take an "older" veteran QB who now finds themselves as a backup (future backup) and have them elevate their game back up to starter status.

How much does VR raise people's ceilings vs how much does it just bring out potential that was already there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That's wild, definitely nowhere near clear enough. It is 3 first rounds, but it's a giant tier drop, for meh picks, and a future first that is unlikely to be high as well. I was expecting much better offers than that. 

17 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Oh, we always get articles about this VR stuff but not a lot of video.

Here is a quick look at how the tech works for those that may not have seen it.

Exciting to think about. Do NFL teams use this tech?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

If we haven't already looked into VR and maybe even AI to pair with it, we really ought to.

It just seems like such a great way to accelerate a QB's development.

I used AI to make a picture of The American Dream Dusty Rhodes kissing Ann-Margret.

AI is amazing, and you just revolutionized football.

1 hour ago, The Consigliere said:

Exciting to think about. Do NFL teams use this tech?

VR for football has been around for nearly a decade now. Bunch of NFL team use it. Every major metro has it as part of private QB training for youth football too.

I wasn’t a proponent of drafting Jayden before the pick was made, but the suggestion that VR is the reason he improved and not the time and effort he put in overall is somewhat insulting to the guy. Get him all the tools he needs for sure but there seems to be a narrative that VR made him. I don’t agree with that because there would be more examples of success and everyone coming up now uses it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

VR for football has been around for nearly a decade now. Bunch of NFL team use it. Every major metro has it as part of private QB training for youth football too.

I wasn’t a proponent of drafting Jayden before the pick was made, but the suggestion that VR is the reason he improved and not the time and effort he put in overall is somewhat insulting to the guy. Get him all the tools he needs for sure but there seems to be a narrative that VR made him. I don’t agree with that because there would be more examples of success and everyone coming up now uses it. 

It's a little like suggesting this guy's physique is all due to this app.

812enni1m3l-_ac_sx679_540x_be93da8d-2e19-4996-858c-7966f3a3ae43.jpg.2c90873ab11295bd557d2e50d278aff9.jpg

• Haha 2

I talked before the draft about Quinn referencing Peters showcasing a QB to him and how detailed he was in explaining the nuances of how this QB was playing.  And they had a session early on for a few hours on that QB.  Based on this, that Qb was clearly Daniels.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

"I called muh... " YOU CALLED YOUR WHAT, DQ?!?!?! WHERE IS THE REST?!?!? :rofl89:

He already told that part of the story lol, the rest of it is that he called his wife and told her what a stud Peters was 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I used AI to make a picture of The American Dream Dusty Rhodes kissing Ann-Margret.

Are you going to show us the picture?:)

giphy.gif

:229:The Rook

5 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

AI is amazing, and you just revolutionized football.

Maybe you can use it to show him dropping the Bionic Elbow on Dan

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd imagine Harris will happily spring for whatever state of the art VR system Daniels or anyone else needs.

He said that he was committed to “winning on the edges” to gain an advantage and that would absolutely be a step toward that. He should build the first state of the art VR training facility , hell he could probably get it sponsored and get the tech for free. Rich people can do that kind of stuff lol

Edited by ANONYMOUS SOURCE.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love Bucky’s enthusiasm but got to go with Jeremiah’s assessment, more so solely because of the rookie quarterback factor and agree the 2nd half of the season should be fun for us as fans….specially depending on how the schedule unfolds

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

What in the hell is this.

Just some stupid fab product that's supposed to help you build muscle but it's really just snake oil.

Not saying v.r. is snake oil but that it's usefulness is limited.

Here's a link in case you're curious. 

https://www.barberknight.com/products/knight-tactical-x-pro-abs-simulator?currency=USD&variant=41245396992057&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&stkn=3103e6b9cae1&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0MexBhD3ARIsAEI3WHJ4xA3YMyo45FAZ1ilc3sqoHGTv2txKG70ykK44GIYS5ZC3bhY9XKIaAmHSEALw_wcB

Edited by redskinss

13 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Just some stupid fab product that's supposed to help you build muscle but it's really just snake oil.

Not saying v.r. is snake oil but that it's usefulness is limited.

Here's a link in case you're curious. 

https://www.barberknight.com/products/knight-tactical-x-pro-abs-simulator?currency=USD&variant=41245396992057&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&stkn=3103e6b9cae1&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0MexBhD3ARIsAEI3WHJ4xA3YMyo45FAZ1ilc3sqoHGTv2txKG70ykK44GIYS5ZC3bhY9XKIaAmHSEALw_wcB

On their website they misspelled it and this pretty much sums up their product: Knight Tactical X Pro ABS Simulator. :806:

simulator.jpg.eb1e0c9df502fbe672d99372bb33779e.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The only way is up from last year in terms of talent and coaching. But there are way too many new parts that have to come together, plus some key missing pieces (OT, possibly CB) for me to think we have a real shot at a division title this year. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The only way is up from last year in terms of talent and coaching. But there are way too many new parts that have to come together, plus some key missing pieces (OT, possibly CB) for me to think we have a real shot at a division title this year. 

Right. Peters literally referenced San Fran's 1st year when they got there. Said something like it was tough days, but they saw their work starting to pay off in the development of guys throughout the season. It didn't equal a lot of wins right away, but hard play and installing the way they did things was clearly the goal for that year 1. Could Washington overachieve? Yeah. But this is a building the foundation year. Including a rookie QB taking his lumps.

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, zCommander said:

On their website they misspelled it and this pretty much sums up their product: Knight Tactical X Pro ABS Simulator. :806:

And its TACTICAL. I recently saw an ad for a "tactical" mosquito repellent. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, MartinC said:

It's all going to come down to daniels performance, if he has a really good rookie season I see our ceiling as 9 to 10 wins like the Texans.

They had an easier path to a division title than I believe ours will be as the eagles had a really good offseason and I don't forsee a collapse like last year.

The cowboys could certainly regress and the giants are a wildcard like us.

Should be a fun season, I'd be pretty surprised if our defense isn't much improved but then again I thought we'd have a good defense last year and we sucked somethin awful so what the hell do i know.

47 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Should be a fun season, I'd be pretty surprised if our defense isn't much improved but then again I thought we'd have a good defense last year and we sucked somethin awful so what the hell do i know.

We literally had the worst coaching in the NFL last season. No hyperbole - I really believe that especially on defense. Just getting competent coaching on that side of the ball will give us a big lift. That plus having NFL calibre linebackers on the roster. I do worry about where the pass rush is going to come from - it is going to have to be much more schemed than we have seen in the last few years. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1