Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I've got 25 pounds of ground venison to turn into jerky tonight. Best bud is coming over to help and bringing the new girlfriend (major bonus points for her wanting to help.) So although I have a 12 hour shift at the pharmacy tomorrow, I may just crack a few as we watch the draft. In case I get lost in the  prep, I'm just gonna remember  Maye>J.>Jay

Edited by bowhunter

I thought there was supposed to be leaks getting out hours before the draft.  I haven't seen much.  Maybe Im missing it?  

I saw something about the Patriots wanting Daniels and want to wait till after Washington picks before trading down as they aren't in on Maye but not much else.

I've tried to have a go at scouting the QBs and the only conclusion I came to is that scouting is hard. They all seem to play really well and they all seem to have some faults.

I couldn't decide between the top four or five, although maybe Williams did stand out a little bit. I'm just glad that the future of the franchise doesn't rest on my ability to pick a QB.

I don't care who we pick, I only care that he succeeds. I also wouldn't mind trading back into the late 1st round and snag a fatboy.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I thought there was supposed to be leaks getting out hours before the draft.  I haven't seen much.  Maybe Im missing it?  

Nah, the FO continues to be on complete lock down and nobody knows anything yet, other than the Pats speculation you mention. 

• Thanks 1

Merril's not done with Drake, oh no no no....

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/former-nfl-player-merril-hoge-not-impressed-drake-maye-hes-marginal-at-best

Former NFL player Merril Hoge not impressed by Drake Maye: 'He's marginal at best'

"He’s marginal at best," Hoge said during a recent appearance on New England sports radio station WEEI.

Hoge pointed to Maye's inconsistent play during his time at North Carolina, suggesting it could be one of the reasons the quarterback will not excel in the NFL.

"Inconsistency alone, the inconsistency in throwing the football and processing, that’s just some of the problems," Hoge added. "There’s a whole litany of things you have to correct."

Hoge also asserted his belief that while certain aspects of a player's game can be improved at the NFL level, coaches will not be able to transform Maye into a more consistent and more accurate passer.

"You can dial it in a little bit," Hoge said. "But if you’re not an accurate passer, you’re an inconsistent passer — that is going to be magnified in the National Football League."

Hoge also strongly disagreed with the comparisons some have drawn between Maye and two-time Pro Bowl quarterback Josh Allen.

"He is not even close to Josh Allen," Hoge said. "I see nothing about Josh Allen. … There’s nothing, like nothing, but that’s what people are going to expect."

This is not the first time Hoge has criticized Maye. Earlier this month, he issued a stern warning to any front office contemplating using a top pick on the former Tar Heels signal-caller.

"Drake Maye is the kind of player that will get you fired," Hoge told WCCO radio. "Especially if you draft him in the top five or top three. He’s going to get you fired."

I am smiling at all of this because we are all like kids on our birthday, looking at those presents excited to see if we got the one thing we have wanted for the last 20 something years. We are 3/4 of the way there, new "squared" away ownership and a shot at the new shiny bike!

I like the two of the three choices we have, and all issues have been posted. Maye is my preference but I won't cry if it's Daniels. I realize both of them can be injured on any play so it is what it is. 

Ribs are in the smoker and consumption starts now. 

Peace 

• Like 2

As we get closer I am feeling more and more gunshy with Daniels. 

One stellar season feels Kenny Picketish... and I really, really didn't like Pickett.

His frame is an issue. It just is. 

I stand by what I've been saying for months, I do have some excitement over the fact that his ceiling is CLEARLY through the roof. Absolutely sky high. So while I am becoming more and more apprehensive, part of me is excited to see if he manages to stay healthy and grow. If he does, we're going to be really happy for a long time.

But... ya. Apprehensive as hell right now. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

I am smiling at all of this because we are all like kids on our birthday, looking at those presents excited to see if we got the one thing we have wanted for the last 20 something years. We are 3/4 of the way there, new "squared" away ownership and a shot at the new shiny bike!

I like the two of the three choices we have, and all issues have been posted. Maye is my preference but I won't cry if it's Daniels. I realize both of them can be injured on any play so it is what it is. 

Ribs are in the smoker and consumption starts now. 

Peace 

Tell me how you smokin them ribs tho 

🤤

6 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Merril's not done with Drake, oh no no no....

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/former-nfl-player-merril-hoge-not-impressed-drake-maye-hes-marginal-at-best

Former NFL player Merril Hoge not impressed by Drake Maye: 'He's marginal at best'

"He’s marginal at best," Hoge said during a recent appearance on New England sports radio station WEEI.

Hoge pointed to Maye's inconsistent play during his time at North Carolina, suggesting it could be one of the reasons the quarterback will not excel in the NFL.

"Inconsistency alone, the inconsistency in throwing the football and processing, that’s just some of the problems," Hoge added. "There’s a whole litany of things you have to correct."

Hoge also asserted his belief that while certain aspects of a player's game can be improved at the NFL level, coaches will not be able to transform Maye into a more consistent and more accurate passer.

"You can dial it in a little bit," Hoge said. "But if you’re not an accurate passer, you’re an inconsistent passer — that is going to be magnified in the National Football League."

Hoge also strongly disagreed with the comparisons some have drawn between Maye and two-time Pro Bowl quarterback Josh Allen.

"He is not even close to Josh Allen," Hoge said. "I see nothing about Josh Allen. … There’s nothing, like nothing, but that’s what people are going to expect."

This is not the first time Hoge has criticized Maye. Earlier this month, he issued a stern warning to any front office contemplating using a top pick on the former Tar Heels signal-caller.

"Drake Maye is the kind of player that will get you fired," Hoge told WCCO radio. "Especially if you draft him in the top five or top three. He’s going to get you fired."

"Who is Merril Hoge, anyway!"

image.jpeg.fb1c7fa50428098eb49dcee059e27a45.jpeg

• Haha 3

Just now, KDawg said:

One stellar season feels Kenny Picketish... and I really, really didn't like Pickett.

I stand by what I've been saying for months, I do have some excitement over the fact that his ceiling is CLEARLY through the roof. Absolutely sky high. So while I am becoming more and more apprehensive, part of me is excited to see if he manages to stay healthy and grow. If he does, we're going to be really happy for a long time.

IF he fails and it’s injury related, we try again. I don’t feel good with the idea that we just push these guys to the side for the next one but that is the reality. I am all about drafting a QB every season until we get the one  and I bet GMAP isn’t against it either. 

But at this point, you gotta take a swing. He has all that talent. Try and make it work and if he fails fine. Sucks. Let’s try it again. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

🤤

2/2/1....started with an apple cider brine for 20 minutes then coated them in mustard and rub. Just started my wrap at the 165 clutch. Probe says 170....gonna be close tonight. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

IF he fails and it’s injury related, we try again. I don’t feel good with the idea that we just push these guys to the side for the next one but that is the reality. I am all about drafting a QB every season until we get the one  and I bet GMAP isn’t against it either. 

But at this point, you gotta take a swing. He has all that talent. Try and make it work and if he fails fine. Sucks. Let’s try it again. 

I’ve heard this before. You’re not the only one to suggest it. But I don’t like it.

You don’t draft a QB every year. You’re not in position and it’s really a bad way to support a QB.

That works if you hit on a late rounder. Otherwise I think that philosophy is highly flawed. You have to develop them. 

Four years. Like college. And then go from there. Sometimes you may need to let them go ahead of time. Sometimes they may “transfer” elsewhere. But four years.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

🤤

You guys trying to use euphemisms to bypass Jumbo’s no-horny-posting rules are unbelievable 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

I am done with the media voices, it's hours away and always looking forward to the draft. Sorry for the downer just ignore. Stay Kool and keep posting your story, stories and well thoughts posts please. 

I was rude in my last post.

There's never an excuse for that.

I'm just very tired, and frustrated with my own situation. Your previous post caught me at a vulnerable moment and I lashed out. That says more about me, than you.

You're a good man and your encouragement is appreciated.

Enjoy the draft.

• Like 6

So what's it going to take for the Giants or Minny to move up?  That report seems legit that they want to move up and the Pats are going to wait until Washing picks.  So they want Daniels (I assume?) and will consider trades if not there.  If the draft goes as expected and Maye is there at 3, He has to be praying that the Vikings move up for him.

1 minute ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

My hope is we take 2 qb in this draft or priority free agent. Hartman reminds me of Purdy a little where he had a tremendous start to his career and slowed down every year. Ton of experience.

In my opinion Hartman sucks big time and it’s arguable whether he’s even a camp arm or not…but what the hell do I know, this is hard 

• Like 2

Is this going to be the draft thread?

#2 will go by quick.  The mystery tonight is if we trade back up to get o-lineman.

Welcome aboard to our qb savior Jayden Daniels or Drake Maye.

I still think 6 qbs will be drafted in the first round.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter. We just gotta hope for pure 24k gold and not pyrite.  

• Like 1

JD5 on NFL Network now, red carpet interview. I think this is more fashion-oriented/personal stuff w/ Cam Newton. 

Edit: he actually seems more opened up now, most comfortable I've seen him in front of the camera yet. 

Edited by sinews