Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

18 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

The fact that we heard so much about Daniels and JJ makes me a little suspicious we want Maye. Thou doth protest too much?

I'm suspicious that we heard so much about them because the Giants desperately want Drake Maye and have fed a mountain of bull**** groupthink to a draft media that is incompetent and unable to see through it.

Just now, Going Commando said:

I'm suspicious that we heard so much about them because the Giants desperately want Drake Maye and have fed a mountain of bull**** groupthink to a draft media that is incompetent and unable to see through it.

Yep. Those geniuses have fooled the overwhelming majority of coaches and scouts into thinking Daniels is a better pro prospect.

The same geniuses that gave Daniel Jones a massive deal even though there were no other bidders out there.

Unless... it all started then.

Playing Chess not Checkers!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

Haha no.  Drake looks like a damn stud with just the right amount of swag.

He's also an ambidextrous TD machine.

Edited by FrFan

3 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

I'm personally watching on NFL Network. 

I’m probably going to watch on ESPN in the event we take Maye and Kiper has a stroke. 

But if we pick Daniels, I’ll probably throw my bourbon glass through the TV and that will

be all she wrote for me…

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

Not smart playing B-ball on draft night. Risk tearing an ACL out there and sliding in the draft. 

Such a horrendous display of bad judgment should take him off our board completely. /end @SoCalSkins impersonation.

16 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Love the Paulaner!!  One of my favorite beers when in Germany. That and the rest are all great selcetions!  Well done getting properly prepared for this awesome ride!  

Always pick up Paulaner and westahphaneer7328437 Hefe when I see it at total wine or world market etc. They are the beers that opened the beer world to me 27 years ago :). 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

Not smart playing B-ball on draft night. Risk tearing an ACL out there and sliding in the draft. Who is managing these guys? Kudos to the toned down attire though.

Michael Jordan played pickup basketball games after he broke his foot in his second season.  Drove his front office crazy.  They tried to manage his playing time/activity after that (in addition to them trying to tank), and he wasn't having it.  That's partially where his bad blood with Jerry Krause originated.

All that to say, some guys just care more about competing than worrying over their health.  And most "superstar" players have that in common (not to say Maye will definitely be one).

Kudos to Daniels as well, because it's apparent he plays with that reckless mindset once it's game time (though he obviously needs to tone that way down when it comes to his running).

11 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Yep. Those geniuses have fooled the overwhelming majority of coaches and scouts into thinking Daniels is a better pro prospect.

The same geniuses that gave Daniel Jones a massive deal even though there were no other bidders out there.

Unless... it all started then.

Playing Chess not Checkers!

Rule number 1 in drafting: Never underestimate the evil cabal! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Gonna have to do this until pick #3.  I'm sure one of you degenerates will end up spoiling the pick.

To quote Liam Neeson...spoil the pick and "I will find you and I wil......".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jayden-daniels-is-now-1000-favorite-to-be-second-overall-pick

DraftKings currently has Daniels as a -1000 favorite to be the second overall pick. Quarterback Drake Maye’s odd are +600. Six days ago, they were tied at -115.

The Commanders are also the -1000 favorite to take Daniels, which means they’ll stay put and not trade the pick. The Raiders are at +700, the Patriots are at +750, and the Vikings are at +900.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ILikeBilly2 said:

I didn't get an answer in the draft thread, so I will ask here.  How do we watch Command Center where GMAP is talking after each draft pick?  Is there a URL?  Is it on Youtube?  Thanks.

I think this is it? Or not. I am, after all, an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/@commanders/streams

https://www.commanders.com/video/command-center

https://www.commanders.com/draft/2024/

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, ILikeBilly2 said:

I didn't get an answer in the draft thread, so I will ask here.  How do we watch Command Center where GMAP is talking after each draft pick?  Is there a URL?  Is it on Youtube?  Thanks.

It will be on YouTube but they typically don't have a link until they go live, so keep an eye on the commanders YouTube. They'll also surely simulcast on X and Facebook. 

I'm sure someone will post links here as well

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

JJ wasn’t one of the fifteen best players they faced when they played Michigan.

Can you imagine the absolutely inkly blackness of the shade if someone asked how good JJ was and Saban said "he was pretty good, easily in the top 25 on that Michigan team."

• Haha 1