Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

It’s hilarious how so many former players, analysts, and media folks that are paid to cover and do research are so high on Daniels yet you come to this thread and it’s a bunch of no the paid folks and former players are wrong, it’s a conspiracy theory against the Commies (they want Maye in a better market), etc. Can’t wait for Thursday :lol:Daniels (if drafted by us) will restore pride and joy for DC football. 

so will Maye

It's basically all RG3 PTSD. It's not the same exact situation but we went through a version of this with RG3 vs. Luck and that's how people are going to see Jayden vs. Maye. It is what it is.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

They will get hands on him more and if he can't shake off light contact he will be in a lot of trouble.

Well then I guess the good news is that per PFF, Daniels:

-- tied for first, in missed tackles forced per rushing attempt, among all Power Five QBs *and* RBs with more than 120 attempts; and

-- tied for 3rd among the same group in yards after contact per rush attempt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Any of you rich reprobates going?

Why when you and all the others on ES have the best seats in the house. Our own homes!  :ols:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

It’s hilarious how so many former players, analysts, and media folks that are paid to cover and do research are so high on Daniels yet you come to this thread and it’s a bunch of no the paid folks and former players are wrong, it’s a conspiracy theory against the Commies (they want Maye in a better market), etc. Can’t wait for Thursday :lol:Daniels (if drafted by us) will restore pride and joy for DC football. 

so will Maye

And they're right less than 50% of the time. It's probably like 30%. I don't have the numbers but it's not good I think we all can agree on that. I think what worries a lot people that don't care for Daniels is they see another RG3 but lighter build. It will be fun to see him run around, til it's not and he is missing games. The number one thing a player should be is available and I have a bad feeling he won't be available at times, and that's not sustainable to build a winner. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

It's basically all RG3 PTSD. It's not the same exact situation but we went through a version of this with RG3 vs. Luck and that's how people are going to see Jayden vs. Maye. It is what it is.

had nothing to do with luck. We had no shot at luck. Everyone was thrilled with robert and everyone knew he was easily smart enough to learn to read defenses and become a pocket passer if needed....

Jayden is a runner. Hes exactly like RG3. He needs to somehow stay a runner and not get hurt if hes not going to hold a clipboard

Folks I hope the next 10 years of Commanders football brings joy and happiness to all of us and that Thursday, Friday and Saturday help to make it happen.

We all are the best that's left of a once proud fanbase.

We are the ones who stayed and endured the worst period in team history-- not just the humiliating osses on the field, but the loss of pride and honor off of it.

We are the ones that refused to give in and give up.

We are the ones still standing and still cheering.

Every one of us deserves for something good to happen.

It's ok to start believing again.

If I'm not there to see it with you, know that I'm somewhere in spirit, if not flesh, drinking Colt 45, eating wings and celebrating the victory all the same.

Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

17 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Any of you rich reprobates going?

I got a home boy who is going and doesn't even know where we pick. He asked me and I lied because **** him especially. How you going and have no idea? ****ing ****. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Paulsen posted this after taking the Russini tweet and exaggerating it. Then he deleted it. Didn't get to read through all the replies before he deleted it. 

image.jpeg

I mean, is this news?  Peters said basically the same thing without being extremely definitive about it in a press conference last week.  "It's hard to imagine a scenario where we trade out of 2" or something to that effect.  In a press conference.  On the record.

Is Grant just now figuring out what happened last week and is upset by it?

Our media is such absolute trash. 

• Thumb up 1

Listened to McCoy on 106.7

He loves Daniels. Grant and Danny are pretty big Maye guys and not so subtly tried to make it seem like Daniels is getting the love because of his legs and flash and that's what the league is looking for now, but McCoy pushed back and made it clear he evaluated Daniels as a passer first and foremost,  not a runner. Accuracy is the most important thing to McCoy. He liked Maye too, but taking Daniels  number two seemed beyond obvious to McCoy.

Anyway, good listen... except Grant and Danny are annoying as can be.

Edited by Hooper

4 minutes ago, dunfer said:

had nothing to do with luck. We had no shot at luck. Everyone was thrilled with robert and everyone knew he was easily smart enough to learn to read defenses and become a pocket passer if needed....

Jayden is a runner. Hes exactly like RG3. He needs to somehow stay a runner and not get hurt if hes not going to hold a clipboard

Hes not exactly like him. If we draft him you should look up some breakdowns on him so you can form an educated opinion. We had hope Robert could develop into something like what Daniels is currently, but he never got the chance as he was done after his first season. Daniels has already shown he can do what we dreamed Robert could eventually do. He is better now than Robert was his entire career and if you watch him you will see it. 

If we don't draft him I wouldn't worry about it but if we do, do yourself the favor and look it up. Ill post some if it helps. Because unless you are paying attention to it, I can see why you would think that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Hes not exactly like him. If we draft him you should look up some breakdowns on him so you can form an educated opinion. We had hope Robert could develop into something like what Daniels is currently, but he never got the chance as he was done after his first season. Daniels has already shown he can do what we dreamed Robert could eventually do. He is better now than Robert was his entire career and if you watch him you will see it. 

If we don't draft him I wouldn't worry about it but if we do, do yourself the favor and look it up. Ill post some if it helps. Because unless you are paying attention to it, I can see why you would think that. 

did robert not win a heisman for doing the same thing at baylor? Run game opens up the pass.

RG3 is Jaydens comp.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

33 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

It is not and it would be nice if people would steel man takes instead of straw manning them, but alas, no such luck. 

How many people mentioned pressure to sack ratio? His 5th year breakout as an old as hell prospect beating up on 18-20 year olds (not many elite players stick around in college for 5 years, even during covid), how many are concerned about the lack of throws when under pressure, how many are worried that his QBR #'s are largely utterly anonymous until his 5th year in college (55th, 41st, 18th) how many are worried about his use of the field in its entirety, of his telegraphing intent (rarely throws on the run), his scary frame is alarming, like RGIII, and yes, that's a piece of the critique, but for many of us, certainly those of us who post most often critically of him, his frail build is just one of numerous issues we have of him, and to suggest its just RGIII is nonsense. Period. The RGIII analogy is bad enough, even if inaccurate, but the issues we have with him are legion. If it was just size/health, I'd be 1/5th to 1/10th as worrried as I am and ftr, I would have loved to have drafted Kyler, and Richardson, but no, not Daniels. 

Edited by The Consigliere
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

8 minutes ago, dunfer said:

did robert not win a heisman for doing the same thing at baylor? Run game opens up the pass.

RG3 is Jaydens comp.

I mean you could have an educated opinion too it costs you nothing. 

• Like 2